Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Genius

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Mr Enzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genius

With the exception of Jim or is it Jizz... who stayed at a Holiday Inn...It appears we have some geniuses in this group....confidence inspiring....especially when it comes to having someone work on your car....Chad what do you need to get your welder working again????

Sorry wrong Forum

Last edited by Mr Enzo; 12-16-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:32 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No idea what you are saying...
Old 12-16-2004, 03:10 PM
protocav

hence the "sorry wrong forum"

but thank you for wasting you time with your useless post
Old 12-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Beer Gogglez

Hence, it could have been read and posted before posting "sorry wrong forum"

You joined the "usless post club"...just like this.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:11 PM
SHO-TIME

hehehe
Old 12-16-2004, 05:11 PM
JimRHIT

not quite there billy bob ... he seems to have edited his post two minutes after the original post .... making sho-time's near-4 hour later reply useless ....
Old 12-16-2004, 05:46 PM
paredyme

the SD GTG sticking up for one of their own: Nice!
Old 12-16-2004, 06:12 PM
protocav

the super sleuths have done it again. there is no tricking us, as we moonlight as detectives.

(useless post #2)
Old 12-16-2004, 09:17 PM
JimRHIT

do it man, go for the hat trick

trifecta-worthless style .... oh yeah (said like the kool aid man)
Old 12-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Risk

My grandma is far from a beginner cross stitcher and can use any linen for cross stitching. But for those of us at a less advanced stage, the most common material used is called "Aida cloth". Aida cloth comes in a number of different sizes. For example 8 count Aida cloth has 8 cross stitches per inch while 16 count has 16 cross stitches per inch. A beginner should use the LOWEST number Aida cloth they can find -- my 10 year old daughter (a beginner) uses the 6 count Aida cloth (8 count when we can't find any 6).

Keep in mind, the size of your finished project also depends on the count you use. If the pattern is on a 50x40 grid, a 6 count Aida cloth will give you an 8.3x6.7 inch finished work while an 8 count Aida cloth will result in a 6.25x5 inch piece. You'll want to add two to three inches all around for framing.

For even younger children (my 6 year old, for instance) the plastic canvas needlepoint material is the best option. In this case you don't need an embroidery hoop, you can use wool instead of embroidery floss and you'll find it much easier to "aim" your needle at the right spot. This plastic canvas is a terrific starter material for cross stitch!

Sorry, wrong forum!

Old 12-16-2004, 10:38 PM
JimRHIT

taco
Old 12-17-2004, 08:17 AM
SHO-TIME

Originally posted by JimRHIT
not quite there billy bob ... he seems to have edited his post two minutes after the original post .... making sho-time's near-4 hour later reply useless ....
Well, Mr. Enzo could've edited out the entire post (i.e., delete) if it were in the wrong forum. (Can't we delete it?) But he opted to keep the first paragraph in and proceeded to say "Wrong Forum". So I figured there might be something in the first paragraph that he wanted us to see.... but then this is assuming you can delete your words in your post (not the post itself) after 2 mins.

I think this thread got its fair share of replies already.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:53 AM
protocav

Originally posted by Risk
My grandma is far from a beginner cross stitcher and can use any linen for cross stitching. But for those of us at a less advanced stage, the most common material used is called "Aida cloth". Aida cloth comes in a number of different sizes. For example 8 count Aida cloth has 8 cross stitches per inch while 16 count has 16 cross stitches per inch. A beginner should use the LOWEST number Aida cloth they can find -- my 10 year old daughter (a beginner) uses the 6 count Aida cloth (8 count when we can't find any 6).

Keep in mind, the size of your finished project also depends on the count you use. If the pattern is on a 50x40 grid, a 6 count Aida cloth will give you an 8.3x6.7 inch finished work while an 8 count Aida cloth will result in a 6.25x5 inch piece. You'll want to add two to three inches all around for framing.

For even younger children (my 6 year old, for instance) the plastic canvas needlepoint material is the best option. In this case you don't need an embroidery hoop, you can use wool instead of embroidery floss and you'll find it much easier to "aim" your needle at the right spot. This plastic canvas is a terrific starter material for cross stitch!

Sorry, wrong forum!

this is excellent stuff. i have been using a 10 count Aida cloth, and i can't seem to make any headway. thank you so much for the info, as i will definitely stick to the 6 count until my skills get a little better.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Mr Enzo

Originally posted by protocav
the super sleuths have done it again. there is no tricking us, as we moonlight as detectives.

(useless post #2)
Chad you are validating my reason for making the post in the first place....

Thanks to all the SD GTG's who backed me up....it is appreciated and I am proud to be a part of this group!

To Show-time: for someone with that many posts I would think you would know that you can't delete your post....as far as removing the first paragraph...yeah I probably could have done that...but that would have just left a blank post...and as that was one of my first replies I didn't really know the best course of action....and as someone with that many posts, why would you even bother responding knowing it probably doesn't have anything to do with you? No hard feelings....it made for good reading...take care...

To Risk: thanks for your post...it's the humor in the flaming that makes posts fun to read...also thanks for the info on cross stitching...if I ever take it up I'll know what count of Aida cloth to use....might also be useful in a game of trivial pursuit...

Last edited by Mr Enzo; 01-04-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Mr Enzo

Couldn't help myself...I had to edit my last post....also didn't want to dissappoint SHOW-TIME....j/k
Old 01-04-2005, 12:34 PM
SHO-TIME

I was just bored that day. No hard feelings...
Old 01-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Risk

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
Me either
Old 01-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Mr Enzo

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
I didn't take it that way...it's all in good fun ....just like I said in my post above, no hard feelings here either....anyway, nice to see some maturity on this site....if you guys could see the crap on nissanclub.com you would lyao.....I'm not even going to post a link because I don't want to waste your time like I wasted mine....but it was good reading...I couldn't stop....take care
Old 01-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Mr Enzo

Me either
No like I said, it made for good reading....so I didn't take it too seriously...but I will admit that it was nice to see my fellow members back me up just in case someone was truly trying to give me a hard time .....like I said to SHOW-TIME no hard feelings here either...take care....
Old 01-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Mr Enzo

Me either
by the way nice color choice.....jealous of the seats though...

Quick Reply: Genius