Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

On the way to work today, I noticed that my engine fan was on.....kind of strange since its pretty cold in the morning. So, as I was driving, I was keeping a close eye on the fan, my temp, and my oil pressure. My temp jumped up and down quite a bit, almost making it to the first "hot" line. My Oil pressure stayed normal but my fan stayed on most of the time (when I could hear it over my feathering tires). I am going to take my car to the dealer today and tell them all of this, but I just wanted to see if there are any theories as to what this might be? Thanks guys (and a couple girls).
Old 01-13-2005, 08:26 AM
FLZ_Boy

Is the A/C on?

Usually a bad head gasket comes with some white nasty cloud of smoke, and the temperature would gauges would be off the wall (on most cars).

Other than that, time for the stealer.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Risk

Originally posted by FLZ_Boy
Is the A/C on?

Usually a bad head gasket comes with some white nasty cloud of smoke, and the temperature would gauges would be off the wall (on most cars).

Other than that, time for the stealer.
No, the AC isnt on.....didnt notice any white smoke, but I did notice that my coolant resevoir cap was loose. Is the resevoir supposed to be under pressure too? I think if it were a head gasket, I would be loosing oil pressure too. hmmm
Old 01-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Rudy

Quick gimmie your car before it gets worse. Leave the title in the glove box. ;-)

j/k hopefully its no big deal.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:04 AM
FLZ_Boy

I'm assuming the car is running fine with the fan on..........soooooo maybe a bad temperature sensor. I'm just pretty much guessing at this point .

Hopefully your still under warranty .
Old 01-13-2005, 10:10 AM
HanZolo

Wait until the car cools off a few hours and check the water level in the radiator. You might be leaking coolant or something is blocking airflow to the radiator.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Risk

Originally posted by HanZolo
Wait until the car cools off a few hours and check the water level in the radiator. You might be leaking coolant or something is blocking airflow to the radiator.
Just drove the car to the dealer and it was acting fine!!! (twilight zone music playing) So I told the dealer what happened this morning and asked him if he thought it might have thrown a code. He said that it definately sounded like a strange story and that he had never seen a Z overheat. Its there right now, Ill let you guys know what happens. Thanks for all the hepl
Old 01-13-2005, 10:52 AM
ChrisMCagle

I know that I've read a few thread from people who installed the Nismo thermostat and had problems with it. Not sure if that's what is happening in your situation, but it's a thought.

-Chris
Old 01-13-2005, 10:59 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

it might just be low on coolant. or an air lock (air trap in the cooling system). if its not any of those then bad temp sensor or thermostat.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Risk

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
I know that I've read a few thread from people who installed the Nismo thermostat and had problems with it. Not sure if that's what is happening in your situation, but it's a thought.

-Chris
Well, I bought the car used with 8k miles on it so I dont know if it has the Nismo thermostat or the stock one. I would think that it would have messed up before now though (18k miles) if that were the case.

Han - Yeah, I checked the front end out and it seems that the radiator is getting air just fine. Maybe there was an air bubble in the system that came out, that could do that. If thats the case though, how did it get in there?? Troubleing