Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SC install

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:11 PM
twilightg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC install

hi,

i was wondering if anyone in the socal area knows of a good place to install a vortech sc? i would prefer the san diego area. im looking for a good experienced shop as well as trust worthy to work on my g. any recommendations would be help full.

thanks,

gg
Old 02-03-2005, 12:17 PM
protocav

bring it over to my shop (house), learn a lot, and save a ton of money.

PM me if you are interested.

Chad
Old 02-03-2005, 02:18 PM
bobowah

GG-

Other than protocav's shade trade mechanic option.

We at Street Image have installed several of these kits as well as Greddy Turbo kits.

Please pm me for pricing. As for reference we installed red6's vortech supercharger.

-Jeff
Old 02-03-2005, 03:56 PM
twilightg35

thanks for the responses. ill keep both of you guys in mind. although i dont have the sc just yet, i was just looking for a place in advanced so when i do get it i can get it installed right away.
once again thanks!

cheers

gg
Old 02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

DIY! I would love to help provided you bring the beer.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:00 PM
protocav

Originally posted by bobowah
GG-

Other than protocav's shade trade mechanic option.

We at Street Image have installed several of these kits as well as Greddy Turbo kits.

Please pm me for pricing. As for reference we installed red6's vortech supercharger.

-Jeff

although i can understand your candor, i am not exactly a shade tree mechanic.

i am a degree'd mechanical engineer, that has fabricated 4 custom turbo kits from scratch, and done more installs over the last ten years, that i wouldn't be able to remember them all.

i go to performance shops like yours when i want to buy stickers and bulbs...not when i want any work done. performance shops scare the hell out of me.

i do installs as a favor to my customers, and because i like to be busy. i typically do it for half the price of the shops.

(steps off of soap box)

Chad
Old 02-03-2005, 07:14 PM
bobowah

Chad,

This was never meant to be a pot shot at you or your skills. However there are so many people on the board and it's hard to know everyone's backgrounds.

Street Image does have a track record of doing great installation work if you do some research on my350z.

The owner and lead mechanic is a former lead engineer at AEM and an engineer for Goodridge's aftermarket line.
He has designed several of their main product lines for AEM: intakes, fuel rails, big brake kits, etc.

We are probably the only aftermarket shop with a CMM and CAD to build custom fabricate products.

So please don't lump us into the majority of performance shops in the industry which have non-skilled labor working on cars.

Just my comment on shade tree mechanics: Some of our best customers frequent our shop and also go to famous board member Tony's house to install things.

Next time we have a meet at our place or if you are in Los Angeles please do come by and check us out. You will be more than mildly surprised.

Any other please email me and we can discuss offline.

jchen@streetimage.com

-Jeff

Originally posted by protocav
although i can understand your candor, i am not exactly a shade tree mechanic.

i am a degree'd mechanical engineer, that has fabricated 4 custom turbo kits from scratch, and done more installs over the last ten years, that i wouldn't be able to remember them all.

i go to performance shops like yours when i want to buy stickers and bulbs...not when i want any work done. performance shops scare the hell out of me.

i do installs as a favor to my customers, and because i like to be busy. i typically do it for half the price of the shops.

(steps off of soap box)

Chad
Old 02-03-2005, 07:48 PM
twilightg35

bring it over to my shop (house), learn a lot, and save a ton of money.

PM me if you are interested.

Chad
chad,

ill keep that offer in mind. by the way are located in the escondido area? i may have seen your car on auto park way a few times, not really sure but since it is stated in your sig that you have 20in iforged it may be you that ive seen. just wanted to say im diggin your set up!

gg
Old 02-03-2005, 08:07 PM
sbcbaseball

Easy now street image.... some guys on this forum have gone to shops with so called experience and have been ripped off. Nothing against you but chad is just a fellow 350zr that has worked on some forum members cars and I have heard nothing but good things.God knows that 350z mods pricing is alrdy outrageous and having to pay $100 a hour for labor really sucks. Keep up the good work chad and I'm looking forwad to having you work on my car.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:10 PM
protocav

don't get me wrong, bobowah, i wasn't insulted. i understand that every guy that has a tool box thinks he is a mechanic, and i am sure that you have seen some pretty funny stuff in your industry.

if i am in the area for a meet sometime, i will definitely stop by, and shake your hand, because i have heard great things about your shop.

twilightG35: i live in san diego, but i work on auto park way. so that was most likely me, and i thank you very much for the compliments. do you live in esco, or san diego?

sbcbaseball: thanks for having my back!! i look forward to seeing you in SD when you get your parts.

Chad
Old 02-04-2005, 08:29 AM
twilightg35

don't get me wrong, bobowah, i wasn't insulted. i understand that every guy that has a tool box thinks he is a mechanic, and i am sure that you have seen some pretty funny stuff in your industry.

if i am in the area for a meet sometime, i will definitely stop by, and shake your hand, because i have heard great things about your shop.

twilightG35: i live in san diego, but i work on auto park way. so that was most likely me, and i thank you very much for the compliments. do you live in esco, or san diego?

sbcbaseball: thanks for having my back!! i look forward to seeing you in SD when you get your parts.

Chad
i used to live in the mira mesa area, but i just moved to escondido last year. maybe i can get a chance to meet you and some of the other members here on the board at the weekly get togethers some time, ive only been to one and that was some time last year. lolz
Old 02-04-2005, 08:38 AM
protocav

Originally posted by twilightg35
i used to live in the mira mesa area, but i just moved to escondido last year. maybe i can get a chance to meet you and some of the other members here on the board at the weekly get togethers some time, ive only been to one and that was some time last year. lolz

that would be great to have you come out. we have been meeting there religiously for about a year now, and we have become quite a little family. it is a good time, with good food, and a bunch of nice cars. you should definitely come down on the next tuesday that you are available.

PM me if you need the details.

Chad
Old 02-04-2005, 08:50 AM
tractng

protocav,

I like to meet you some time for my spring install.

I live in Los angeles, but don't mind driving

I just like to learn more about the Z. I remember helping my brother lower his car when I was young. We didn't have a compressor and used the wall of the house as a base and used a car jack combo to compressed the springs (just imagine).

The spring flew out like a jet engine and towards me. Lucky, I dodged !

Tony
Old 02-04-2005, 09:49 AM
protocav

Originally posted by tractng
protocav,

I like to meet you some time for my spring install.

I live in Los angeles, but don't mind driving

I just like to learn more about the Z. I remember helping my brother lower his car when I was young. We didn't have a compressor and used the wall of the house as a base and used a car jack combo to compressed the springs (just imagine).

The spring flew out like a jet engine and towards me. Lucky, I dodged !

Tony

Hey tony,
i would love to have you come down to SD for a spring install. i make a point to show everyone what i am doing, and why i am doing it. this makes the experience less boring, and educational at the same time!! let me know when you are ready.

Chad
Old 02-04-2005, 12:09 PM
JimRHIT

chad ... dont post again ... you are at the magic number
Old 02-04-2005, 12:13 PM
JimRHIT

twilightg35,

did you ever get ahold of a Vortech kit? were you still interested?

-jim
Old 02-04-2005, 01:22 PM
protocav

Originally posted by JimRHIT
twilightg35,

did you ever get ahold of a Vortech kit? were you still interested?

-jim

jim, what the hell are you thinking now?

perhaps some speakers under the hood, so no more room for the vortech?

Chad
Old 02-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Risk

Why dont you two just race each other for the guys business and call it done.

Introducing first, the ambassador of Socal Z custom work (who cant get their website to work it seems = scary).....Speeeeed Image.

And now, standing to my WAY left, the coolguy mechanical jackstand and pabst blue ribbon dude who says he has a degree.

And theyre off.......
Old 02-04-2005, 02:43 PM
protocav

Originally posted by Risk
Why dont you two just race each other for the guys business and call it done.

Introducing first, the ambassador of Socal Z custom work (who cant get their website to work it seems = scary).....Speeeeed Image.

And now, standing to my WAY left, the coolguy mechanical jackstand and pabst blue ribbon dude who says he has a degree.

And theyre off.......

Old 02-04-2005, 04:14 PM
JimRHIT

gnaw **** please mr. risk .... I know more forum members that have had work done by Chad than I do w/ Street Image.

In fact ... a member here had his Stoptech BBK fronts installed by Chad and the rears by Street Image ....

guess who he said had better service .... el shopo de protocav

Chad ....I got a hookup of a possible M5 ... we shall see how the #s come out

Quick Reply: SC install