Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

body work in OC?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 09:15 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default body work in OC?????

OK, today was the worst day with my Z yet.

Got a flat, went to plug it, inflated and it was all jacked up, I think it was delaminated and the tire is ruined (I may have drove on it too long without knowing). Waiting for my bro to come and bring a socket and I hear a loud crunch. I was in a parking lot and a lady backed into my car.

She was cool and felt really bad. Now, where do I take it to get fixed? Who does good work around here. I actually was pretty cool and calm, didn't do any good to be a jerk, it will be taken care of. Just ruined my Rear Passenger 1/4 panel.

Where do I take it from here??
Old 03-26-2005, 09:36 PM
___DJK___

Originally Posted by rodH

Got a flat, went to plug it, inflated and it was all jacked up, I think it was delaminated and the tire is ruined (I may have drove on it too long without knowing). Waiting for my bro to come and bring a socket and I hear a loud crunch. I was in a parking lot and a lady backed into my car.

She was cool and felt really bad. Now, where do I take it to get fixed? Who does good work around here. I actually was pretty cool and calm, didn't do any good to be a jerk, it will be taken care of. Just ruined my Rear Passenger 1/4 panel.

Ouch! Sorry to hear! Jon (zman23) had that same panel repaired/replaced not too long ago and they did a pretty good job fixing it from what I could see. I don't recall where he took it though, PM him.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:31 AM
rodH

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
Ouch! Sorry to hear! Jon (zman23) had that same panel repaired/replaced not too long ago and they did a pretty good job fixing it from what I could see. I don't recall where he took it though, PM him.
Ya, I have used his connection for my Veilside lip, the color is slightly off, so it needs to be redone (in fairness to the painter, he only had my code and not my actual car, I hear that it is better to have the actual car, since the silver is hard to match).

I will have to talk with him, I want a PERFECT job, so I am trying to do my research.

Any more suggestions??
Old 03-27-2005, 02:39 PM
350zcartel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedway Collision

Speedway Collision
(949) 631-0509 931 Sunset Dr # B Costa Mesa CA ask for Sam and tell him Andrew Lopez sent you he will take good care of you.Sorry to here what happened what a bummer. peace.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:40 PM
350zcartel

Default Speedway Collision

Speedway Collision
(949) 631-0509 931 Sunset Dr # B NEWPORT BEACH CA ask for Sam and tell him Andrew Lopez sent you he will take good care of you.Sorry to here what happened what a bummer. peace.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Risk

Ya, I have used his connection for my Veilside lip, the color is slightly off, so it needs to be redone (in fairness to the painter, he only had my code and not my actual car, I hear that it is better to have the actual car, since the silver is hard to match).

I will have to talk with him, I want a PERFECT job, so I am trying to do my research.

Any more suggestions??
Jons "connection" that youre talking abouts name is Mike. He does collision paint by day and it is getting increasingly harder for him to work on other projects on the side. I will ask him about it if you wish. By the way, Jons car does look great, but it took 2 1/2 months to complete.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:33 AM
G354GOD

Try Quigley's Auto Body in Lake Forest (off the 241 and Lake Forest)... ask for Bruce or Mark and tell them Mark with the IP G35 Twin Turbo referred you. The # is 949-768-5915.

http://www.quigleysautobody.com/

They worked on my G - I have the Top Secret front bumper and Ings+1 body kit... they paint-matched my IP Coupe perfectly.... everyone who's seen my car can vouch for the paint job....

Mark
Old 03-28-2005, 10:47 AM
rodH

Originally Posted by G354GOD
Try Quigley's Auto Body in Lake Forest (off the 241 and Lake Forest)... ask for Bruce or Mark and tell them Mark with the IP G35 Twin Turbo referred you. The # is 949-768-5915.

http://www.quigleysautobody.com/

They worked on my G - I have the Top Secret front bumper and Ings+1 body kit... they paint-matched my IP Coupe perfectly.... everyone who's seen my car can vouch for the paint job....

Mark
Mark, Interesting. I had taken a red CRX in there a while ago, was referred there because they did a lot of high end work. The paint matching was HORRIBLE and had to be redone. I wonder if they have gotten better, or if I was just a fluke?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:52 AM
G354GOD

Wow... that's the first time I've heard of Quigley's not doing an awesome job. They've painted several of my friends' cars, along with my buddy Craig's R34 Skyline, Supra Twin Turbo (the ones from the Fast and the Furious movies), and also his personal-use Lambo Diablo VT and 2002 BMW M3 SMG... they all came out looking immaculate.... and the paint jobs won several awards/trophies at car shows over the past few years.

Do you remember if you talked to Bruce or Mark back then? They are the 2 guys that run/manage the shop... not sure how long they've been there though...

Mark
Old 03-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Body Pros in Garden Grove, CA

714.539.7104 Ask for Wally
Old 03-28-2005, 11:51 AM
rodH

Originally Posted by G354GOD
Wow... that's the first time I've heard of Quigley's not doing an awesome job. They've painted several of my friends' cars, along with my buddy Craig's R34 Skyline, Supra Twin Turbo (the ones from the Fast and the Furious movies), and also his personal-use Lambo Diablo VT and 2002 BMW M3 SMG... they all came out looking immaculate.... and the paint jobs won several awards/trophies at car shows over the past few years.

Do you remember if you talked to Bruce or Mark back then? They are the 2 guys that run/manage the shop... not sure how long they've been there though...

Mark

not sure, it must have been a fluke, since they were known to do a lot of hot rods and other show cars. I should give them a try.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:05 PM
jim@streetimage

Hey rodH,

Sorry to hear what happened to your car but you should check out M.O.B. Works in the city of Orange. Ask for Miguel (Owner) and let him know Jimmy sent you. He has worked on my car and did excellent work.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:43 PM
jlimquest

Default www.mobworks.com

I agree. Paint match was perfect for mine.
Attached Thumbnails body work in OC?????-rscn0976-small-.jpg