Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Turbo Shoot-Out Magazine Event (looking for support)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:52 AM
alpine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Shoot-Out Magazine Event (looking for support)

Turbo Shoot-Out Magazine Event (looking for support)

Ok people, my car just got officially accepted into a "turbo shoot out" with a well known sports car magazine. I don't want to get into the name right now, but trust me, it's real and will be disclosed when necessary.

I am seriously looking for sponsors, and of course any logos/decals/necessary agreements will be considered, of course Shout-Outs!

The only problem here is that we have a very short notice to perform.

I've know about this for about 2 weeks now however we just got the "approval" yesterday from the editor.

As some of you know, I have the APS twin turbo kit on my '03 Track Edition Daytona Blue and we'll be providing a 100 octane map for the shoot out, and expect to provide serious/useable numbers from a streetable car.

We are honestly not likely to kill the competition; however the car will make an impressive mark and lasting impression.

I only say this because I'm sure someone will provide a 600HP+ car, which may do great on the Dyno, but they will not performance equally on the track and vice-versa. My car is/will be exceptionally well tuned & balanced for the task at hand, plus the future usage/promotional of my car.

They are scoring Dyno, drivability, track time, slalom, skid pad, etc..etc..

I currently track my car, and of course will continue to do so.

I currently have support / sponsoring / discounting from Brainstorm Performance Los Angeles as well as some of their vendors (labor/tuning) and Toyo Tires, and N.V.C.A.R (paint/body), TSW and/or Enkei (wheels), Do Luck was interested, but is outside our timeline. Mobile Connection San Fernando (Car Audio Video). Potentially HKS will be on board if product is available. Performance Nissan is supportive as always.
We have less than 2 weeks to get product and complete installation.

I will need additional support in the following areas.

Brakes: Calipers / Pads / Lines / fluids (I currently have brembos).

Body: Kit / Components / Wing

Gagues: Boost / Oil Temp / Pressure / Water Temp / Fuel pressure
I was seeking the DEFI Heads Up Display if anyone can help me there.

Suspension: Coil over / Springs / Sway / YOU NAME IT

Wheels: Looking for a light 19" in order to have more contact, must
accommodate my brembos.

Drivetrain: LSD, I currently have Limited Slip, and it does well, but we could obviously do better.

These are the must haves that I know about, I am not only interested in product, but technical support as well.

Thanks for any and all time/effort taken!

If there is any additional information necessary to approach this seriously, please advise and I will provide it immediately.

Joe
Old 04-03-2005, 09:29 AM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, give me a call sometime, I should be able to help out with coilovers, brakes and lsd to some degree, and offer plenty of tech support
Old 04-03-2005, 09:59 AM
alpine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do, thanks!