Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

818 Weekly GTG

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:50 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude i DID NOT START ANY DRAMA. i continuously said that i respect your advice and all that jazz.... you took everything i said and turned it against me and made it a negative point.
i didnt mean to turn anything into an old vs new thing. man wtf? you're awesome, ok?
i mentioned many safety issues in the opening post in that thread. it's not the first time that some people have come into a run/cruise thread we've put together and been completely negative about it, especially about angeles crest. man i live there, i know how it is. i've been up/driven those roads MANY times, in good conditions and bad, since i was a child. i wouldn't lead a group of people up a mountain if i didn't think it was relatively safe [i say relatively because i can't control how people drive, i can only ask they do it safely]. ask ANYONE who's been on a run with me... the first sign of too much gravel/crap on the roads and i suggest we head back. the first thing i say is to make sure to keep enough distance between the cars. YES i'm new at my350z but it doesnt mean i'm an idiot. and yeah, i have a high post count but so fuccin what? i post a lot of sh-t in the OT threads... woooooohoo. it's a great way to pass time.
my only point about the 'old school' gang was based purely of my personal impression that you pretty much only pay attention to people who are really really into modding their cars or are already heavily modified. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, just please don't claim to be completely friendly to EVERY person that shows up to the meets.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
pay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo33
Seriously this BS that we have to go through with some of the newbs. How many times have we all been accused of not being helpful to the newbs. Jeez if they only new the amount of PM's that we get for assistance on what parts is that, what off set is this. I really dont mind hooking up newbs, but give me a f-ing break that I have to justify myself over and over again.

A newb or two suggested that we kill this thread a while back I know I'm not the only old skooler that has help other members. Some of these new owners dont know the whole picture.

The first of the newbs that came out after the OG'rs were PAY & Gfrnk69. I remember these guys. Pay is still around in this thread.

Gimpster is the next of the new ones that pop in in this thread and he comes over sporatically.

BoneoutJZA80 is one of the newest ones that was instantly accepted by the old skoolers, as he is genuinely a good guy.

We all started out as f-ing newbs. SOCAL350, Dozer, IllestjrZ, ZXSaint, WongkeeZ33 were the original ones that were going to the thursday bar meets. Each of these members + others that have been dormant have help numerours memeber out.

Here is a little then and now on the old schoolers:

Nismo33:
Was a warehouse manager for a medium sized brake manufacturer. Have done B swaps, suspensions, exhaust, paint, bodywork, customs fiber glass enclosures.

I am now a Senior VP of a Mortgage company and own other businesses including a new performance parts shop. Soon to include basic bolt on installations, turbo installs, SR20 swaps.

Socal350
Was Rim & tire expert (Ops manager for a major tire company)

He is now a senior exceutive of a $70 million company and co-owns other businesses including a new performance parts shop. Soon to include basic bolt on installations, turbo installs, SR20 swaps.

I can keep going but I refuse to stand idle while people dont have the patience and or common sense to look at things globally and understand everything before making any blanket statements, half truths about members that have established a respectable name on this forum.

***for all the members out there, post count dont mean $hit. It just means you are a post *****. Look at the overall picture like quality of posts, threads started, and how many succesfull meets have you organized.

Need reference of some of the people I help car wise or jsut everyday ish:

Nitrouz, Zraygo, Pay, Alex12, Rickdogg, 350Z_Italy, bobowah, daniel733, 03fairlady,NOBI, Hydrazine, 350Now, and on and on and on.

Yeah, it's true virg does help out a lot especially for myself got me hooked up on my exhaust install which i may be switching out which reminds me, Virg you ever talk to him about those spark plugs? give me a call or shoot me a pm.

Newb... i didnt know i was a newb i just missed your first meet at camp 1320 then came out to meet you all but thats neither here nor there.

On a side note: did you guys hear that thai bar next door to 1320 is closing down? I went there the other day to celebrate a co workers birthday and that is what i was told.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:00 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by pay
Yeah, it's true virg does help out a lot especially for myself got me hooked up on my exhaust install which i may be switching out which reminds me, Virg you ever talk to him about those spark plugs? give me a call or shoot me a pm.

Newb... i didnt know i was a newb i just missed your first meet at camp 1320 then came out to meet you all but thats neither here nor there.

On a side note: did you guys hear that thai bar next door to 1320 is closing down? I went there the other day to celebrate a co workers birthday and that is what i was told.
Hey Chris if you got the parts then it still the same price. Sorry thought I sent you a text.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:03 PM
HighwaySpeed

Seriously this BS that we have to go through with some of the newbs. How many times have we all been accused of not being helpful to the newbs. Jeez if they only new the amount of PM's that we get for assistance on what parts is that, what off set is this. I really dont mind hooking up newbs, but give me a f-ing break that I have to justify myself over and over again.

A newb or two suggested that we kill this thread a while back I know I'm not the only old skooler that has help other members. Some of these new owners dont know the whole picture.

The first of the newbs that came out after the OG'rs were PAY & Gfrnk69. I remember these guys. Pay is still around in this thread.

Gimpster is the next of the new ones that pop in in this thread and he comes over sporatically.

BoneoutJZA80 is one of the newest ones that was instantly accepted by the old skoolers, as he is genuinely a good guy.

We all started out as f-ing newbs. SOCAL350, Dozer, IllestjrZ, ZXSaint, WongkeeZ33 were the original ones that were going to the thursday bar meets. Each of these members + others that have been dormant have help numerours memeber out.

Here is a little then and now on the old schoolers:

Nismo33:
Was a warehouse manager for a medium sized brake manufacturer. Have done B swaps, suspensions, exhaust, paint, bodywork, customs fiber glass enclosures.

I am now a Senior VP of a Mortgage company and own other businesses including a new performance parts shop. Soon to include basic bolt on installations, turbo installs, SR20 swaps.

Socal350
Was Rim & tire expert (Ops manager for a major tire company)

He is now a senior exceutive of a $70 million company and co-owns other businesses including a new performance parts shop. Soon to include basic bolt on installations, turbo installs, SR20 swaps.

I can keep going but I refuse to stand idle while people dont have the patience and or common sense to look at things globally and understand everything before making any blanket statements, half truths about members that have established a respectable name on this forum.

***for all the members out there, post count dont mean $hit. It just means you are a post *****. Look at the overall picture like quality of posts, threads started, and how many succesfull meets have you organized.

Need reference of some of the people I help car wise or jsut everyday ish:

Nitrouz, Zraygo, Pay, Alex12, Rickdogg, 350Z_Italy, bobowah, daniel733, 03fairlady,NOBI, Hydrazine, 350Now, and on and on and on.
Wow, I'm impressed.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:19 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

john receives

Last edited by nismo33; 03-07-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:28 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

hey guys I'm revisiting painting my car a satin black color. what do you think:

Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 PM
arodbrs

Default I dont want to be a part of the oldschoolers or newschoolers anymore..

so Nismo33 helps me one time to put a sticker on my z and now he is crowned the leader, to be honest with you i think that is crap, you know who i voted for and will always be my leader in my eyes and that is ...................Dozzer
Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by arodbrs
so Nismo33 helps me one time to put a sticker on my z and now he is crowned the leader, to be honest with you i think that is crap, you know who i voted for and will always be my leader in my eyes and that is ...................Dozzer
Okay that actually made sense and funny too. Ghey but funny.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Hey John rember these shots. We need to do another shoot with the recent mods done.

GT-V

JDM yo!!

gotta have a mean stance
Old 03-07-2007, 06:56 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Really bored and found a pic. Half of the people there were the OG crew of the 818.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
wongkeez33

Hey John rember these shots. We need to do another shoot with the recent mods done.

GT-V

JDM yo!!

gotta have a mean stance
How 'bout we take some shots this Sunday after we take care of the Pathfinder? Congrats again to you and Jeff on Gearhead. Best of luck!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by wongkeez33
How 'bout we take some shots this Sunday after we take care of the Pathfinder?
Okay
Old 03-08-2007, 09:01 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

So today looks like the day. Conferrence call coming up in an hour. Just heard we shut down offices in Chicago & Boston. More to come from what I here, plan is for a total of 1000 people will be laid off.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 AM
SOCAL350

good luck bro.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:39 AM
wongkeez33

Good luck man!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:55 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by SOCAL350
good luck bro.
Thanks everybody. Everything will be okay. I just feel bad for some of my peers here. Industry still unstable but still have some business coming in outside.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
SOCAL350

Well Virg..........Life is like a septic tank.........only the biggest pieces of $hit can get to the top. Im sure you will have no problem
Old 03-08-2007, 12:40 PM
SOCAL350

I want it!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like Daddys Tonka toy!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
SOCAL350