Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

818 Weekly GTG

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 04:51 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOCAL350
Virg........why is the speaker not in level?
Was just roughed in. I'll be cool when done.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by nismo33
Seriously this BS that we have to go through with some of the newbs. How many times have we all been accused of not being helpful to the newbs. Jeez if they only new the amount of PM's that we get for assistance on what parts is that, what off set is this. I really dont mind hooking up newbs, but give me a f-ing break that I have to justify myself over and over again.

A newb or two suggested that we kill this thread a while back I know I'm not the only old skooler that has help other members. Some of these new owners dont know the whole picture.

The first of the newbs that came out after the OG'rs were PAY & Gfrnk69. I remember these guys. Pay is still around in this thread.

Gimpster is the next of the new ones that pop in in this thread and he comes over sporatically.

BoneoutJZA80 is one of the newest ones that was instantly accepted by the old skoolers, as he is genuinely a good guy.

We all started out as f-ing newbs. SOCAL350, Dozer, IllestjrZ, ZXSaint, WongkeeZ33 were the original ones that were going to the thursday bar meets. Each of these members + others that have been dormant have help numerours memeber out.

Here is a little then and now on the old schoolers:

Nismo33:
Was a warehouse manager for a medium sized brake manufacturer. Have done B swaps, suspensions, exhaust, paint, bodywork, customs fiber glass enclosures.

I am now a Senior VP of a Mortgage company and own other businesses including a new performance parts shop. Soon to include basic bolt on installations, turbo installs, SR20 swaps.

I can keep going but I refuse to stand idle while people dont have the patience and or common sense to look at things globally and understand everything before making any blanket statements, half truths about members that have established a respectable name on this forum.

***for all the members out there, post count dont mean $hit. It just means you are a post *****. Look at the overall picture like quality of posts, threads started, and how many succesfull meets have you organized.

Need reference of some of the people I help car wise or jsut everyday ish:

Nitrouz, Zraygo, Pay, Alex12, Rickdogg, 350Z_Italy, bobowah, daniel733, 03fairlady,NOBI, Hydrazine, 350Now, and on and on and on.

thanks Pogi,

appreciate the props Virg, yeah i was on here in 2004 but barely became pretty active last year, i usually just check out So. Cal and marketplace then bounce but yeah i know what you mean how things can be frustrating, its like there's only how much you can do and the rest is common sense and knowledge, people have to learn to search the threads or go to meets where they can actually meet someone in person and learn more about the car rather than bombard someone with PM's on things that can be found out if your search, this is not directed towards anyone its just hypothetically in any thread or even like for instance

i get these messages on myspace with people wanting to race my bro's 1994 Supra twinturbo, how fast is your car, how many HP, sometimes when you tell them its under 500 HP they start clownin' like HP is the biggest thing when they dont realize sometimes you cannot utilize the 600 or 700 HP on track unless your Tarzan Yamada most of us normal folk cannot handle that power unless its in a straight line.... and speaking about Supras many of those HIGH HORSEPOWER GUYS ARENT DAILY DRIVEN AND JUST DYNO QUEENS...

***personally my target HP for my Z is 320- mid 400's so i can still daily drive and track***

then other people with ask me to race for PINKS ...gimme a fcking break man

and if you want to get old school, WE including you were working on cars in the era where the only things you can probably buy were headers, cams, msd, intake, exhaust, and straight pipe probably NOS and if you were nutty turbo but probably the only 2 kits available were DRAG and REVHARD (which are still around) 1995 ish when Tony Fuchs and David Shih barely broke into the 11's and 10's, i was 11 or 12 but i helped my bro work on his 1991 Acura Integra which consisted of PIAA 959's, Ultraflow exhaust with straightpipe, cut springs that were swapped for ST's, fuba antenna, Sparco 15" wheels, mugen 3 piece, iceman intake, DC headers, and GUDE or bullfrog cams ,i forget

drag racing in terminal island ontario and sylmar

anyways just saying ive been into cars the same time you have so we can relate so i totally see where you are coming from

gluck on the new car thing coming ill be sure to send folks your way and

also hows the mortgage thing doing my 3 buddies from New Century i believe are probably jobless i heard they took a fall on the news and from them

have a nice evening ill see you jeff and whoever sometime soon

gotta study for a test tommorow peace out bros and fellow 818ers

bottom line is just cut the guy some slack *this isnt directed to anyone directly just saying hypothetically*
Old 03-21-2007, 08:05 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80
thanks Pogi,

appreciate the props Virg, yeah i was on here in 2004 but barely became pretty active last year, i usually just check out So. Cal and marketplace then bounce but yeah i know what you mean how things can be frustrating, its like there's only how much you can do and the rest is common sense and knowledge, people have to learn to search the threads or go to meets where they can actually meet someone in person and learn more about the car rather than bombard someone with PM's on things that can be found out if your search, this is not directed towards anyone its just hypothetically in any thread or even like for instance

i get these messages on myspace with people wanting to race my bro's 1994 Supra twinturbo, how fast is your car, how many HP, sometimes when you tell them its under 500 HP they start clownin' like HP is the biggest thing when they dont realize sometimes you cannot utilize the 600 or 700 HP on track unless your Tarzan Yamada most of us normal folk cannot handle that power unless its in a straight line.... and speaking about Supras many of those HIGH HORSEPOWER GUYS ARENT DAILY DRIVEN AND JUST DYNO QUEENS...

***personally my target HP for my Z is 320- mid 400's so i can still daily drive and track***

then other people with ask me to race for PINKS ...gimme a fcking break man

and if you want to get old school, WE including you were working on cars in the era where the only things you can probably buy were headers, cams, msd, intake, exhaust, and straight pipe probably NOS and if you were nutty turbo but probably the only 2 kits available were DRAG and REVHARD (which are still around) 1995 ish when Tony Fuchs and David Shih barely broke into the 11's and 10's, i was 11 or 12 but i helped my bro work on his 1991 Acura Integra which consisted of PIAA 959's, Ultraflow exhaust with straightpipe, cut springs that were swapped for ST's, fuba antenna, Sparco 15" wheels, mugen 3 piece, iceman intake, DC headers, and GUDE or bullfrog cams ,i forget

drag racing in terminal island ontario and sylmar

anyways just saying ive been into cars the same time you have so we can relate so i totally see where you are coming from

gluck on the new car thing coming ill be sure to send folks your way and

also hows the mortgage thing doing my 3 buddies from New Century i believe are probably jobless i heard they took a fall on the news and from them

have a nice evening ill see you jeff and whoever sometime soon

gotta study for a test tommorow peace out bros and fellow 818ers

bottom line is just cut the guy some slack *this isnt directed to anyone directly just saying hypothetically*
Werd...not alot of people new the race and mod scene back in the day. Cyber, Redline, Wicked, and a lot more. Damn man some of the parts you listed not alot of people know. Those were the inovators for the parts that we use on our cars. Remember the real races for pinks. Most of the time it's jsut a couple of cars from each crew and that was it.

Appreciate the support bro. Hey if your boys are from New Century need help looking for work. I know an AE looking for some reps on the hard money lending side. You might want to think about joining us, it's on your schedule and you are not stuck to a desk.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:12 AM
wongkeez33

Dang... bringing back all these memories of Ichiban Motorsports back in the day. Hey Virg, you going with me on Saturday to meet that guy?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Sup Virg, ill go hit em up and see what my mortgage buddies are up to?

hahahaha old school brotha you know how we do 3 places to get parts from before were Pitcrew, Pocket Rocket, Promotion, Han, and Carmate

RS Akimoto, Nology, Magnecore, Iceman, K & N, DC sports, Gude, KG built, JG Engine Dynamics, Jackson Racing, Bullfrog, MSD, PIAA, NGK, Greddy and HKS

the only magazine out then was Turbo and Sport Compact Car, Superstreet came out a tad bit later but we didnt even have carshows before

no internet or JDM / Rice it was trial and error

parts were soooo damn hard to come by

bring back memories
Old 03-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

gooh mohning
Old 03-22-2007, 09:09 AM
SOCAL350

Hey why you trying to wake us all up?

Its my Friday today! Three day weekend bishes!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Hey why you trying to wake us all up?

Its my Friday today! Three day weekend bishes!

lol jeff hahah lucky 3 days man
Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 AM
SOCAL350

Anyone know a better price on set of tires shipped/will call than Toyo T1Rs 275/245/35/19 for $860?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Anyone know a better price on set of tires shipped/will call than Toyo T1Rs 275/245/35/19 for $860?
It's good deal. Beats my price by $40.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:05 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80
Sup Virg, ill go hit em up and see what my mortgage buddies are up to?

hahahaha old school brotha you know how we do 3 places to get parts from before were Pitcrew, Pocket Rocket, Promotion, Han, and Carmate

RS Akimoto, Nology, Magnecore, Iceman, K & N, DC sports, Gude, KG built, JG Engine Dynamics, Jackson Racing, Bullfrog, MSD, PIAA, NGK, Greddy and HKS

the only magazine out then was Turbo and Sport Compact Car, Superstreet came out a tad bit later but we didnt even have carshows before

no internet or JDM / Rice it was trial and error

parts were soooo damn hard to come by

bring back memories
Sounds good Pare. Lots of people are out of work right now. FCUKIN NeW Century
Old 03-22-2007, 01:33 PM
SOCAL350

It's good deal. Beats my price by $40.
Thats with freight from chicago to a residential delivery. Ship to work I can save a little more.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:40 PM
desiZ

i know of a cash price thats 940+40 installing = 980

so ur price is good

send me details , i need 3 tires soon, already replaced one rear that got ripped when i got a flat...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:16 PM
SOCAL350

Originally Posted by desiZ
i know of a cash price thats 940+40 installing = 980

so ur price is good

send me details , i need 3 tires soon, already replaced one rear that got ripped when i got a flat...
Sent you a PM from the vendor. If you need a place to ship to send it to my work and I can just drop them off and you can save a few extra bucks.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:51 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Default Roll Call

KROQ Microbrew Festival

http://www.santaanita.com/news/detai...ate=2007-04-07

Santa Anita will host the FINAL KROQ Microbrew Festival of the season on Saturday, April 7. Sample ice-cold microbrews from over 20 local breweries; enjoy the latest music and FREE giveaways courtesy of World Famous KROQ 106.7 and Heineken.

Dont forget about the free T-shirt

1. Nismo33
2. Socal350
3. Wongkeez33
4. RobertL
5 pay
Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM
pay

anyone interested in a meet at mc g's in chatsworth one of these thursdays in the near future? if enough people are interested ( at least 5 people ) ill set up a time and date
Old 03-24-2007, 08:07 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by pay
anyone interested in a meet at mc g's in chatsworth one of these thursdays in the near future? if enough people are interested ( at least 5 people ) ill set up a time and date
What's that place?
Old 03-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Dozer

Hey what do you guys think about going on that Angeles Crest/Mt Baldy run??? Let go have some fun and rep the 818... Noticed some of you guys already signed up...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....234265&page=10

Also what do you guys think about doing Taboo again on a Thursday nite for old time sake...
Old 03-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Dozer

KROQ Microbrew Festival

http://www.santaanita.com/news/detai...ate=2007-04-07

Santa Anita will host the FINAL KROQ Microbrew Festival of the season on Saturday, April 7. Sample ice-cold microbrews from over 20 local breweries; enjoy the latest music and FREE giveaways courtesy of World Famous KROQ 106.7 and Heineken.

Dont forget about the free T-shirt

1. Nismo33
2. Socal350
3. Wongkeez33
4. RobertL
5. Pay
6. Dozer
Old 03-24-2007, 06:49 PM
pay

What's that place?