Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

7/23: Hot Import Daze @ Qualcomm San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 10:34 PM
SoCalTed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7/23: Hot Import Daze @ Qualcomm San Diego

Hey all:

Team Transport will be heading down to show at Hot Import Daze in SD on July 23rd. Once again we throw out the invitation to anyone interested in showing their Z's, G's (or other!) We've found that a lot of folks want to try showing, but it can be confusing/intimidating.. especially for individuals. Stock, mild, wild..we welcome alll clean daily rides.

You can also use the opportunity to meet the team and decide if Transport might be something you'd like to be a part of.

You can PM me here, or post up in our forum if you have any questions. Think about it soon, as registration fills quickly for this event.

Cheers, Ted
Old 06-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know our Team is going to show, but we are not sure on numbers right now. I just don't want to be rolled by Drag Net
Old 06-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Roger V

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am for sure going, my Z isn't nice enough yet to even consider showing. Transport sounds appealing though..
Old 06-27-2005, 11:59 PM
SoCalTed

Drag net is usually looking for mis-matching engine numbers and crazed drivers showing off. If you don't over-rev and do burnouts, they usually ignore you.

Transport doesn't usually have any issues, but we make it a point to be friendly with the po-po during the shows...offering them shade, water, food etc.... We also let all the other folks bail out ahead of us to occupy AAA w/guns on the freeway. Keeping it 70-75 on the road also keeps you out of trouble.

Too many times we've had teams and individuals blow past us on the freeway looking for one of us to break ranks and go for a run. Not gonna happen! let me know what your schedule is (we can caravan down), or stop on by at the show.

Cheers, Ted
Old 06-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be there, but showing the Evo instead of the Z. The Z was there last year.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalTed
Drag net is usually looking for mis-matching engine numbers and crazed drivers showing off. If you don't over-rev and do burnouts, they usually ignore you.

Transport doesn't usually have any issues, but we make it a point to be friendly with the po-po during the shows...offering them shade, water, food etc.... We also let all the other folks bail out ahead of us to occupy AAA w/guns on the freeway. Keeping it 70-75 on the road also keeps you out of trouble.

Too many times we've had teams and individuals blow past us on the freeway looking for one of us to break ranks and go for a run. Not gonna happen! let me know what your schedule is (we can caravan down), or stop on by at the show.

Cheers, Ted
Hmmm, awesome explanation. I think I may go since my Works should come in by then hopefully. I just heard last year that Drag Net cracked down on people, but if it is like the HIN that we had in LA, then I am okay with that since they seemed to be looking for only stolen parts. Was this the case last year as well?

Anyways, it looks like I will see you there Feel free to pm me or IM me on AIM.

Rick
Old 06-28-2005, 08:17 AM
MIAPLAYA

Sucks that I want to go and show but probably wont for the simple fact that SD cops are d!cks and the last thing I need is one of them writing down my plate for my ST kit.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:30 AM
SoCalTed

last year we had the cops hanging out in our area. They were very cool... you just gotta take some time and be friendly to them. Remember, we' e got Gurgen with his PE twin turbo G35 sedan, and 3 other non-carb SC's. intercoolers displayed thru the grilles and the cops were smiling and taking pictures with our models. Ivory_G's bro Jimmy will be with us and he's always good for locating the talent

Here's some pixes from last year

If anyone would like to show (stock & mild mods are welcome!) let me know. Registration runs around $48.50 online...but if you think about it, at the door registration runs $18 to $20. With Show registration, you get to park inside the event, and you get two (2) passes, one for you and one for your navigator.

If we get a large enough group (i.e. 20 we can usually work a discount too)
Come on out, let me know...no obligation for Team membership...just get your feet wet with showing and have a good time. It's about the community, not the amount of mods!

Cheers, Ted
Old 06-29-2005, 09:57 PM
ScHeL

Ted... I have msged you on myspace a lil bit hahaha

But none the less I have a good friend who at HIN two yrs ago got his car impounded for having a legal swap. They went around and noted down on pads all the cars with swaps. So they kinda screwed a number of ppl even when they had legal swaps.

But who knows... I might join in if there is an extra Navigator spot or if I can get media passes...

Schel
Old 06-30-2005, 09:21 AM
sein

I always wanted to to be on a Team!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Etka

Im in fo sho.