Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Cocky BMW guys ..need a supercharged coupe or z

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 09:17 AM
myinfinitig20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cocky BMW guys ..need a supercharged coupe or z

Yesterday, after witnessing a supercharged 330 (dyno 340whp) and a competition package m3 go at it ( 330 won by a nose), i got into a heated debate with the owner of the 330 over what car is better...the coupe or the 330. Anyways he started with the german sophistication, and superiority ******** and i basically told him that a stock coupe is faster, brakes better, handles better, and mods better then a 330 and i would put my money on a supercharged coupe over his car anyday. If anyone with a supercharged/turbocharged coupe or z would like a chance to race him and his m3 friend they will be meeting up on sunday in glendale. who's in cause i would love to see him lose.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:27 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

What year and what color is the 330? I did happen to bump a black turbo charged 3 series Thursday night in the Glendale/Burbank area. I was going pretty quick heading home delivering a computer to my parents house. He see's me and I hear a woosh turbo sound. I was fascinated by the turbos so I didn't downshift to 3rd so I let him inch away. I think I would have taken him though if I got 5k rpm shifts. Then afterward a white 3 series tries to race me. Needless to say I killed him so badly and he coudn't get away.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

hmmm nick for $? hahaha and you didn't hit me up when this went down? You suck.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:31 AM
myinfinitig20

It's a white 330 dropped on some BBS rims ...they dont make turbos on the e46 body style 3 series (as far as i know), only superchargers
Old 07-09-2005, 09:33 AM
tractng

german sophistication, and superiority draining your wallet (haha).

Tony
Old 07-09-2005, 09:33 AM
myinfinitig20

haha andrew it was off a whim....i would set up a race wtih you on sunday but no nitrous is allowed.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:08 AM
SB Track

I don't understand. The 330 IS much more sophisticated than our Z's. I know it doesn't look as cool, but the interior and overall build of the car is much nicer. You get what you pay for. The problem with the 330 lies in the fact that it is too popular and unflashy. Our Z's, while popular, manage to keep a flashy appearance, especially if you have nice wheels and a big brake kit. I would take the M3 over our Z any day, but my parents would not have it.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:18 AM
myinfinitig20

sophistication means more advanced, not better build quailty. Just cause the sheet metal the car is build with is heavier and feels more solid and the interior has a wood trim doesnt mean its more sophisticated. Our engine is years ahead of the 330's engine in terms of technology and superior performance, how about the carbon fiber drive shaft? aluminum hood? Doesn't the 3 series use the same McPherson strust as the mazda 3 ? How about the trip computer, tire pressure sensors? Where is that on a 3 series? Lets talk numberes...what does the 330trap at; 94,95mph? How about price, and resale value. Coupe holds its value better then a 3 seires, and i believe the z is number one is its category.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:34 AM
time4aspliff

Lest we forget, the E46 is already outdated. For better or for worse, Bangle and his chronies have already overhauled it. The new 8 cylinder M3 should be noticeably faster than the E46 M3.

However, it's always nice to know that a turbocharged Z33 will smoke the E46 M3 at a fraction of the cost.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:53 AM
heezyo2o

If there's any cockyness here, it seems to come from both sides. Both cars have their strengths and weaknesses, you just have to be a bit more open-minded to see it.

I've been on the BMW forums for awhile, but just picked up a Z and find it to be great value for the money.

I'm actually going to that glendale meet on sunday and look forward to a great angeles crest run. You should go if you're willing to appreciate other cars and have a nice drive. If you're going to be ghey and argue about having a better car though, you should stay home.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:23 PM
myinfinitig20

you know this cockyness of mine only popped up after listening to many bmw owners talk **** about our cars based purely on the fact that its not a bmw. I"m a car guy, i love all cars for all their posative and negative aspects, and you can imagine how a car guy like me feels after talking to the ***** of the car world. Cars that i love, (evo,sti, vette, ford gt, z, lotus elise, skyline) getting dissed based purely on the fact that its not as luxurious or refined. That the badge on the front isnt a bmw badge or some other german company. To take something away from other cars for stupid **** like that angers me. Someoen that pays 35k for an evo shouldnt be dissed for having a cheap car by someone that paid 40k for a beamer

Last edited by myinfinitig20; 07-09-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Mliner

Hello everyone i'm the guy with the E46 M3 competition pacakge racing the 330CI supercharged.The race took place last night and we did 4 runs..

1st Run-I was in 3rd gear at about 3700 rpm and on the 3rd honk he just flew by me...{Wrong gear}

2nd Run-I was in 2nd gear at 5500-5700 rpm and on the 3rd honk we florred it right when i shifted into 3rd i passed him by a bit,then because of my redline is much higer then his when he shifted into 3rd i pulled even harder,and i stopped when i shifted into 4th.

3rd Run-Same as 2nd i was in 2nd gear same rpm,and i missed 3rd,so i just let off the gas.

4th Run-i missed 4th but i still pulled before i missed the gear.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE VID remember the 1st run i was in 3rd gear at 3000-3500rpm,not even in the M3 Powerband.

Here's a link to the post i made about the race...still waiting for the vid.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=274794

Guys i talked to one of Nicks friends and he said that he was right on your trunk.But everytime when i got into 4th i braked or stopped pressing the gas.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Gcc_m3

Default Cockyness

Hello fellow car lovers. My name is David i own a E46 m3, i will be at the car meet on sunday, i would love to see all of you who posted to come and see how friendly we are when it comes to others. well at least my group of m3 owners are. Sadly there is a widespread number of morons who always think their cars the best even when you own the SAME CAR! lol well unfortunetly we cant do anything about that. I love the 350z I was about to get one and tiwn turbo it instead of my M3 but i just didnt like the interior. when i sat in the car at the dealer and wanted to turn the wheel fast to the left (counter-clock wise) my left hand actually hit the door. Now with my M3 i go the the canyons alot even though i have no pads left and no thread on my tires i find it hard to belive how it handles. i have not seen a 350z up where we go and would love to see if THE DRIVER could hang with us. ( knowing the car can) its mostly driver when your up there once again today is saturday it is short notice but plz do come and see some of our cars, Because i find forum talk really boring. i let my car decide whos better and if you guys want to race ill happly race anyone of you. If you have a boosted Z, My friend Vick would happly race anyone of you. so lets keep things really friendly and try to have some fun. But once again plz i challenge anyong of you to come to the canyons with the Ms and even some of the awesome 3 series drivers.

Fellow street racer lol
Old 07-09-2005, 01:09 PM
myinfinitig20

vic has a supercharged m3 right?
Old 07-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Mliner

Originally Posted by myinfinitig20
vic has a supercharged m3 right?
yea the red one
Old 07-09-2005, 02:29 PM
tractng

Dam M3 invasion. Now this proves that all bmw owners are cocky!!!!

Tony
Old 07-09-2005, 03:27 PM
NOBI

come to the meet thursday over in west la, i would love to see these cars.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:35 PM
JCsE46

Originally Posted by tractng
Dam M3 invasion. Now this proves that all bmw owners are cocky!!!!

Tony
Tony, please don't judge that one person represent us all. Each of every forum seems to be there's always a few who think there are invincible and smarter than the rest. I'm a car enthusiast, I love all kind of car. My friend owned a silver gray convertible 350Z and he took me with a ride on his car. And I love it. Right now I owned a slow 325i nevertheless I love her to death. Why don't you come over tomorrow at the Glendale CC and meet the rest of us. As Rodney King said "Can we get along?".

Last edited by JCsE46; 07-09-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:44 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

I love the E46 M, it's an amazing machine, although I wish they did more on a design standpoint to make it stand out more and look more like the performer that it is.

I'd definitely like a chance to run against one sometime for fun and to benchmark my car.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:48 PM
kamz

In defense of some of the M3 owners I went on one of their runs last weekend and the peeps that I met were pretty cool. Brian, BmanM3, was cool and I'll invite him to our next canyon run.

Quick Reply: Cocky BMW guys ..need a supercharged coupe or z