Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Red Durango in Pasadena

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Splurt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Durango in Pasadena

Hey guys,

If anybody sees a Red Durango around the pasadena area with the a license plate close to "5NIL405" or something like that... plz PM me. That *** changed lanes right into me on hill st north of pcc and took off. He hit me and i ran into a parking cement gate so I couldn't chase him down. PLZ PLZ PLZ let me know if u see one. He should have damage along the right side of his car that is blue. I wanna nail that mfr so bad it ain't even funny. My whole left side of the car is smashed and my front lip is smashed from running into the gate corner. Thanks for keeping your eye out for me.

P.S If you could plz pm me the correct license plate, i'll be in your debt indefiniately. I remembered the wrong plate and doesn't look like the police is going to do anything about it

Last edited by Splurt; 07-21-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:25 PM
fahrenheit350

Sorry to hear that. Def. keep an eye out for it. Goodluck.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:32 PM
SOCAL350

Sorry to hear that. I live in the area......Ill keep an eye out for that rat ba$tard.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:17 PM
GWAPITO69

Sorry to hear that bro... Hope that f#$ker slide his car off the cliff.. I'll keep an eye also but I'm here in westLA
Old 07-21-2005, 01:23 PM
stopgo

Can the cops help if you call in a hit and run? I'd think that with a good description of the vehicle and even a partial tag number they'd be able to poke around in their computers and find the guy.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:25 PM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain, i got rear ended tuesday. Lucky he didnt take off. And he does have ins.

Ill keep an eye out up here in IE
Old 07-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Splurt

i gave them the license plate number... just doesn't seem like they wanted to find him...
Old 07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
gargoyleZ

Did they (the police) take a report? If they did , you can submit that with all the info you have on the vehicle, to your ins co and they will find him. The INS co and the PD have access to the DMV, and will be ablle to get his name and address. More then likely ( I know this holds true in LA) the PPD, do not have to do anything other then take the report (incl. running the plate, which btw should have been "flagged" not to take a stolen report on), and hand you a copy, because it did not happen in their presence. HOWEVER, it is up to the officer to pursue the matter, depending on the distance from their jurisdiction to the RO's (registered owners) residence. Again, depends on the officer (s) that responded to the scene.
Sorry to hear about the Z, glad u r ok, and hope this guy gets his (usually catches up, double!)
Old 07-21-2005, 03:22 PM
BadDriver

The police can def figure this out as people have mentioned, it's just a matter of if they care to. A few years ago I made a u-turn and drove on someone's lawn a bit. The same day cops were at my door saying someone reported reckless driving on a green camaro. They just looked it up from the description of the car and found two in the immediate area, and took a guess. Just so you know they can find the guy if they actually do their job.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:12 PM
FLZ_Boy

I drive around that area, I better watchout for a red durango.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:12 PM
AmyCroft

Default Hey Splurt - Think Again - Calif Plates Trucks

Originally Posted by Splurt
Hey guys,

If anybody sees a Red Durango around the pasadena area with the a license plate close to "5NIL405" or something like that... plz PM me. That *** changed lanes right into me on hill st north of pcc and took off. He hit me and i ran into a parking cement gate so I couldn't chase him down. PLZ PLZ PLZ let me know if u see one. He should have damage along the right side of his car that is blue. I wanna nail that mfr so bad it ain't even funny. My whole left side of the car is smashed and my front lip is smashed from running into the gate corner. Thanks for keeping your eye out for me.

P.S If you could plz pm me the correct license plate, i'll be in your debt indefiniately. I remembered the wrong plate and doesn't look like the police is going to do anything about it
Hey Splurt - Think Again - Calif Plates Trucks have a different Number Scheam

5NIL405
Is for a passenger car.

Pickups and other trucks have a different number system.

Please aadvise.

Cheers Amy -
Old 07-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Splurt

hmm. jon u have a point there. perhaps it was 6, gah i don't know. I was so flustered and mad at that moment. I just couldn't believe he was driving off. When i looked he was all ready driving off so i maybe had 2 or 3 seconds to try to get the whole plate while it was moving away. The durango was fairly new with tinted windows. I'm sure there's thousands of them out there. I'm just hoping for a slim chance that I'll get lucky as I've already been unlucky to meet this jerk*ff.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:24 PM
AmyCroft

Default Might - Be a Good number - Put Passager Plate on truck

Originally Posted by Splurt
hmm. jon u have a point there. perhaps it was 6, gah i don't know. I was so flustered and mad at that moment. I just couldn't believe he was driving off. When i looked he was all ready driving off so i maybe had 2 or 3 seconds to try to get the whole plate while it was moving away. The durango was fairly new with tinted windows. I'm sure there's thousands of them out there. I'm just hoping for a slim chance that I'll get lucky as I've already been unlucky to meet this jerk*ff.
You may not be wrong...

You may have a good number - Some times thieves take a Car plate to put on a "Vehicle" they are stealing.

They would low profile the car....

Cheers Amy -
Old 07-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Stuff

Not neccessarily true, depending on the vehicle.. I don't think it's trucks/cars rather than work vehicles/passenger vehicles... but my Truck had a 1 number/1 letter/5 number plate while my friends 4runner and my old Blazer had a 1 number/3 letter/3 number plate...

I hope you catch the bastard OP...

Originally Posted by AmyCroft
Hey Splurt - Think Again - Calif Plates Trucks have a different Number Scheam

5NIL405
Is for a passenger car.

Pickups and other trucks have a different number system.

Please aadvise.

Cheers Amy -
Old 07-22-2005, 11:31 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

good luck, funny how the cops only want to give us tickets but not help us when someone hits us.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Finding a Red Durango shouldn't be hard, I don't know if I've ever seen one off the top of my head.

Maybe you could hire a PI, but it might be more expensive than just repairing the damages yourself.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:02 PM
NOBI

my moms sequoia has a 5 3 lettes 3 numbers. i dont get what you are saying amy... however i will keep my eyes out as well, ran into probably the coolest cop ever today in venice beach, proud z owner himself, when i talk to him next i will give him that info and in sure he will run it for you.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:35 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Sorry to hear about this man, I bet you feel sick. This really makes me want to go on a manhunt right now for this durango. I'll keep my eyes out in the valley & burbank area.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:19 AM
DEMON1C

Hmm, sorry to hear. You could hire a hit and run lawyer.If what your saying is true, you could make some money out of this. I'm not sure exactly how a hit and run lawyer works but im guessing they work the same way as an injury lawyer. For example, injury lawyers work with certain chiropracters, even if your not badly injured and still decide to go to a chiropracter, you get more money out of the whole situation in the long run. So if the hit and run lawyers have certain PI's that they work with, then overall you would probably hafto pay nothing when the check comes in. But if the damages arent severe then I wouldn't take it to a lawyer. From what you posted, seems like there's some property damage involved too? Pics by any chance?
IMO, I wouldn't post online asking for people to spot a Red Durango in Pasadena. Because by the time an online member spots it, the damages could be fixed. Since you have a good description of what his car looks like and what his license plate may be, do something about it! Don't let that sh*t stain get away with it. Good luck with everything.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:50 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Alvin... that sux big time dude. Sorry to hear what happend.
Are there any witnesses? Hope you find the guy.

Quick Reply: Red Durango in Pasadena