Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Battle of the Imports & Extreme Autofest

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:14 PM
SoCalTed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battle of the Imports & Extreme Autofest

BOTI is this Saturday at Cali Speedway in Fontana (pay at the door) $40 for show cars, $20 for spectators and crew, $40 for drag comp. No pre-reg, but if you are going to show or race, let us know... Team Transport will have VIP parking/placement.

Extreme Autofest will be held on Sat Aug 13th at Pomona Fairplex. Team Transport will be showing at this event, rather than at Nisei in Little Tokyo. We will have guaranteed inside parking at the EA event.

If anyone would like to give it a try, please feel free to contact me. If you'd like a my350z letter of recommendation, PM RoughDragon who showed with us for the first time at HID this last weekend (along with his wifey) and has decided to join the team.

Actually we got two new members this last weekend Leo's LR G35 coupe and Joe's APS TT Z.

Cheers, Ted
Old 07-25-2005, 10:20 PM
IVORY_G

RoughDragon............
Attached Thumbnails Battle of the Imports & Extreme Autofest-img_0024.jpg   Battle of the Imports & Extreme Autofest-img_9984.jpg  

Last edited by IVORY_G; 07-25-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:46 AM
MIAPLAYA

I'm interested in going to BOTI....show only for now...Where do I get more info from you guys...
Old 07-26-2005, 03:22 PM
MIAPLAYA

I just called them and they said to just show up at around 1 for staging. Do you guys want board members to show with you or are we on our own?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:26 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Cricket Noise Here

Cricket Noise Here

Cheers Amy -
Old 07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
SoCalTed

Well you gotta give me a little time to get back to you! BOTI is $40 at the door. Looks like we'll have a pre-meet at GT Motorsports in Fontana around noon and roll-in from there.

You are welcome to show with us if you like. Especially if you are interested in joining the team. It'll give you an idea of what you're getting yourself into. I need to give a count to BOTI ahead of time for our spaces...so if you are going to show with us, let me know.

I'll PM you my cell so we can discuss specifics.

Cheers, Ted

Last edited by SoCalTed; 07-26-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:36 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by SoCalTed
Well you gotta give me a little time to get back to you! BOTI is $40 at the door. Looks like we'll have a pre-meet at GT Motorsports in Fontana around noon and roll-in from there.

You are welcome to show with us if you like. Especially if you are interested in joining the team. It'll give you an idea of what you're getting yourself into. I need to give a count to BOTI ahead of time for our spaces...so if you are going to show with us, let me know.

I'll PM you my cell so we can discuss specifics.

Cheers, Ted
Sounds good. I'm in Dallas for business until tomorrow night. I'd be happy to show with you guys so that sounds good. Remember I'm coming from San Diego though so thats a bit of a haul for me. Is GT Motorsports near Cal Speedway...I'll try to call you tonight.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 PM
SoCalTed

No worries.. we just hauled our butts down to SD last weekend for HID. Should take you about 1.5 hours up the 15.

GT Motorsports is supposed to be minutes from the Cali. Its the shop that's doing RoughDragon's work, so its new to me.

Cheers, ted
Old 07-28-2005, 06:49 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by SoCalTed
No worries.. we just hauled our butts down to SD last weekend for HID. Should take you about 1.5 hours up the 15.

GT Motorsports is supposed to be minutes from the Cali. Its the shop that's doing RoughDragon's work, so its new to me.

Cheers, ted
Cool thanks Ted...Sorry I couldn't call you last night....I'll definitely give you a buzz this evening to finalize the details. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:18 AM
SoCalTed

Hey all:

Looks like the majority of the team will meet at GT Motorsports around 1030a/11 and then head to lunch at Hooters

GT Motorsports
9481 Hyssop St.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
(909) 989-2278

Here's the direction to GT Motorsportonly a few miles from Fonatana Speedway)
if your coming from LA area take:
1) 10E
2) 15N
3) Exit 4th street then go East (right)
4) Santa Anita go North (left)
5) 6th street go West (left)
6) Hyssop go South (left) --> follow it down until 9481 Hyssop Left hand side

I personally won't be making the lunch, but will meet up with you at Hooters around noon and caravan from there. You can also opt to meet us at Cali arouns 1230p

Remember $40 at the door, $20 for passengers/spectators. Pay Eddie at lunch so we can expedite our 1pm load-in at the speedway.

I'll also need you to PM me your real names and phone numbers... i ahve already sent you mine so we can make sure we don't lose you enroute.

Cheers, Ted
Old 07-28-2005, 07:43 AM
MIAPLAYA

Pm's sent/replied to
Old 07-28-2005, 09:55 AM
SoCalTed

Answering some frequently asked questions

How many people are going?
Team Transport (& candidate) registration as of now:
01. SoCalTed (G sedan)
02. Rever (G coupe)
03. Ed Lin(G sedan)
04. James (G coupe)
05. JDM V35 (TT G coupe)
06. Edgy (SC IS300)
07. Roughdragon (TT 350z)
08. Avo (G coupe)
09. VLeo8181 (G coupe)
10. GurgenPB (MAYBE!!!! - TT G sedan)
11. MIAPLAYA (350z from my350z)
12. arodbrs ('05 G coupe from my350z)
13. Rudy (04 Acura RSX)

Don't worry about being stock. The first time I showed I only had clear corners and 350z duct. I just got wheels in March, after almost 2 yrs!

What's the schedule?
>>>SATURDAY, JULY 30TH
Tech Inspection 1:00 PM
Car Show Roll In 1:00 PM
Spectator Gates Open 1:00 PM
Heads Up Qualifying 5:00 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:30 PM (If time permits)
Car Show Judging 6:00 PM
Heads Up Eliminations (1st Round) 8:00 PM
Finestmodels.com Swimsuit Competition 9:00 PM

SO, i would guess the event ends around 9 or 10p, depending on where the car show is parked.

How much is it, really?
$40 for you & yourCar,
$20 for each spectator.

The spectator charge is the price your passengers would pay at the gates, even if you were not to show. Most event (HID, Extreme, Showoff) will usually include a copilot in your registration... BOTI does NOT do that. Everything is separate.

Do I have to meet you at GT Motorsports or Hooters?
No, I persoanlly will be hooking up with the caravan after lunch at Hooters, or enroute to Cali. However, if you are thinking of joining the team, what better way to get to know everyone than at quiet lunch at Hooters?

Do I have to join Transport to show?
No. We invite everyone interested in the scene to hang out with us, or even show with us at one event prior to making their decision to join our team. There are a lot of teams out there, so take your time and make an informed decision. You will find that Transport's has a little bit of an older or professional crowd. But, we do run the gambit of demographics.. we're a pretty international team

Anyway, you'll get a chance to meet everyone and see if the scene is for you (showing, as well as Transport). Ask questions! The team will also get a feel for you and see if you are a good fit. HINT: Don't get in any fights, be polite, be friendly and don't scratch anyone's cars! We'll extend an offer within a few days of the show. Feel free to think about it, or keep looking. No problem - no hurt feelings.

If I want to join, do i have to pay dues/fees?
Short answer, yes. We have expenses as a team. On road trips, we pay for most meals for the team. We also cover power at the shows, which runs anywhere from $85 to $120. We also have a website and hosting fees. Then there's the costs of vinyls and marketing materials. In reality, we are the most inexpensive organized team out there.

I'll post the joiing info next...

Last edited by SoCalTed; 07-28-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:00 AM
SoCalTed

Default Joining Team Transport

(all fees are based on a Jan to Dec calendar and are prorated thru the end of the year)

Stage 1: Supporter: ($50 per year)
Interested in the Sport Compact scene, but don't have a car yet, or still a little shy about heading out to the track or shows? Become a Supporting member of Team Transport. At most shows and events we have extra tickets available, if we know you are coming we'll put one aside for you (on a first-come, first-served basis). That's a savings of $15-$20 PER SHOW!

Your membership also enables you to purchase Team Transport branded clothing, vinyls and other marketing materials for your ride. If we receive goodies from vendors or sponsors for the whole Team, you'll be included! You will also be elgible for special discounts from our approved vendors. As a supporting member, you will also be invited to all our events and be granted access to the members area of our forum where the fun continues after the shows and races! Stage 1 members may show and participate in all Stage 2 and Stage 3 member events as an active participant, but will not receive the member benefits of those levels until membership is upgraded.

Stage 2: Motorsports ($125 per year)
Don't necessarily want to show you car at Hot Import Daze, Extreme Autofest...but you can't stay away from Willow Springs, L.A. County Raceway, Solo II events etc... then a Team Transport Motorsports membership is for you. Transport regulary attends drag nights at LACR, track events at California Speedway and organizes team events whenever possible. Stage 2 members receive all the benefits of Stage 1 membership, but will also be supplied with vinyls, vendor product and will benefit from sponsor relationships, group buys and freebies as we receive them.

Stage 3: Show ($150 per year)
To show, you need not have an extra $10k sunk into your ride. We'll help you with your modification plans, leverage our many industry relationships in order to get you exposure, as well as deals on all your performance and ICE needs. You will also benefit from Team equipment, such as canopies, food/drink at events, marketing materials, show "hardware" such as tire stands, team show cards etc...

Stage 3 membership is not for the weak, it takes a special person to detail their car the night before a show, then get up at 430a to load-in, clean the car again and then hang out with your fellow Transport members for up to 12 hours at various locations throughout L.A., O.C. and San Diego. We'll even have some NorCal & Vegas trips coming up in 2005, as our relationships with vendors and sponsors is growing. Stage 3 membership must be approved by the Team. You must be willing to show in at least 4 of the approximately 10 shows we attend each year.

All levels -
** Be a team oriented person
** Exotic modifications are not required, but cleanliness and showroom quality is.
** Extreme professionalism is required when dealing with other teams, vendors, sponsors and individuals on internet forums and in person. You are always representing the Team, even when you do not realize it.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Etka

I'm interested in going for sure and would love to show with you guys. These are some old pics before I lowered it. By the way my names mike Cell # is 949 466 9305
Attached Thumbnails Battle of the Imports & Extreme Autofest-sponsor-web.jpg   Battle of the Imports & Extreme Autofest-sponsor-back.jpg   Battle of the Imports & Extreme Autofest-rimses.jpg  
Old 07-28-2005, 11:57 AM
SoCalTed

Battle of the Imports, Cali Speedway:

Sat July 30th @ 1030a GT Motorsports, Fontana or 12:30p (gate)

01. SoCalTed (G sedan)
02. Rever (G coupe)
03. Ed Lin(G sedan)
04. James (G coupe)
05. JDM V35 (TT G coupe)
06. Edgy (SC IS300)
08. Avo (G coupe)
09. VLeo8181 (G coupe)
10. GurgenPB (MAYBE!!!! - TT G sedan)
11. MIAPLAYA (350z)
12. arodbrs ('05 G coupe)
13. Rudy (04 Acura RSX)
14. Etka (350z)
Old 07-28-2005, 06:11 PM
1ill350z
Banned

ok i def wanna show with you guys ill be there pm me with info im very interested in this event
Old 07-28-2005, 07:30 PM
SoCalTed

Battle of the Imports, Cali Speedway:

Sat July 30th @ 1030a GT Motorsports, Fontana or 12:30p (gate)

UPDATED REGISTRATION. .(Leo had a family engagement and the RSX (candidate) decided to go on his own with his friends)
01. SoCalTed (G sedan)
02. Rever (G coupe)
03. Ed Lin(G sedan)
04. James (G coupe)
05. JDM V35 (TT G coupe)
06. Edgy (SC IS300)
08. Avo (G coupe)
09. GurgenPB (MAYBE!!!! - TT G sedan)
10. MIAPLAYA (350z)
11. arodbrs ('05 G coupe)
12. Etka (350z)
13. 1ill350z (350z)
Old 07-29-2005, 10:02 AM
SoCalTed

Last call.. .anyone else interested?!?!

If not for BOTI, start thinking about Extreme Autofest on Aug 13th at Pomona Fairplex. Guaranteed indoor parking!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:18 AM
xziteme

Put me down for the show. Is it OK to be there after 4pm?

UPDATED REGISTRATION. .(Leo had a family engagement and the RSX (candidate) decided to go on his own with his friends)
01. SoCalTed (G sedan)
02. Rever (G coupe)
03. Ed Lin(G sedan)
04. James (G coupe)
05. JDM V35 (TT G coupe)
06. Edgy (SC IS300)
08. Avo (G coupe)
09. GurgenPB (MAYBE!!!! - TT G sedan)
10. MIAPLAYA (350z)
11. arodbrs ('05 G coupe)
12. Etka (350z)
13. 1ill350z (350z)
14. xziteme (350z)
Old 07-29-2005, 12:02 PM
SoCalTed

Hey xziteme - this is a regular car show, not just a GTG.

they have a "load-in" time of 1pm, and you are locked in until the show is over (approx 9or10p). So if you are not there at roll-in with us, you will not be able to participate in the show. We'd love for you to make it, just let us know.

If you can't make it until after 4pm, come on in as a spectator and look us up. We've got a big white 10x20 canopy with team transport banners and a smaller 10x10 black Hose Technique's EZ-up.

Cheers, Ted