Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Road rage incident

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 08:56 AM
phDeez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road rage incident

Hello fellow z drivers. There was a 4x4 tahoe truck that hit my car and tried to run me over at the 80 fwy going towards sac. I saw him tailgaiting for a while before he decided to go to the left shoulder lane (because I was in the fast lane but there was traffic) and hit my Z with his huge tires. Guess he wanted me to loose control. But I stayed calm and followed his truck. He finally stopped, probably realizing that I could report him as "hit and run" and I took down his information.

ADVISE ANYONE? Aside from the insurance claim (that this guy might lie about), how can I prove that he tried to run me over and make me loose control. I mean, it was a near hit and run if I coudn't follow him. It was some sort of assault with a deadly weapon w his big *** truck.

The whole driver side was hit. He started from the back fender with his wide tires, then kept on driving it forward to the front, from the door to the side mirror (that came off) and the front fender...then took he took off. I was so mad, I wanted to beat him, but thought that it would mess up my chances of getting anything from him. Now I just want to file some sore of criminal charges on this guy.
Attached Thumbnails Road rage incident-z.jpg  
Old 07-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully you have witnesses. Luckily you are okay and no one was hurt. What an *******!

Last edited by Rickdogg; 07-26-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Alang

If you have exchanged insurance, the cops won't want to know about it. (do a search on my hit and run incedent).

Unless the cops witnesses the incedent, they simply don't believe either side of the story, and just defer to the insurance companies.

While its fresh, write down every detail of the incedent. I had several people call me both from my insurance and from the other person's. Its really helpful to have something to refer to. It also insures that you tell the same story every time, which helps build credibility.

Its aggrevating, frustrating, and irritating, but once your car is fixed, you sort of forget about it. Tell the entire story to the insurance company, and it will help establish who was at fault. At least the other driver's rate might go up. Its small consolation, but its all you will probably get.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:25 AM
GWAPITO69

yeah glad you're ok.. I guess you could do that but not sure if you will win or not. If you have a witness then you can sure win the case.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Z'er

Did you call the police? It will be hard to prosecute without a police report. That should have been your first thought, unless you planned on kicking the crap out of him.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:31 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Man, sorry to read about your incident. 80 is probably one of the notorious highways in CA for road rage and dangerous drivers. I travel it everyday, so I know...
Old 07-26-2005, 10:03 AM
phDeez

thanxs for the advise...i called the cops but they said they didn't have to come down. i should of told them that he was trying to run me over. my insurance said that they would go with my statement. i don't really know what that means...and they told me to contact his insurance and tell them my side of the story. but it would be hard because his insurance would probably take his side...it would suck if he gets away with it. it seems like he's done this thing before.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:24 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

shoulda beet him up
Old 07-26-2005, 10:29 AM
RedLeader

phDeez-
Any witnesses? My wife got side-swiped by a guy who moved into her lane and he took full responsibility on the spot. She didn't request any info from witnesses because he apologized and admitted it was his fault. Later, he said SHE moved into HIS lane!
From now on, we'll carry a camera or camera phone in our cars to record plates/faces or potential witnesses.

Good Luck,

Bruce
Old 07-26-2005, 10:45 AM
dreamspeed

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, sometimes you wanna be the nice guy but most of the time the other person is just taking you for a chump. My aunt got hit by some guy and the guy said he doesn't want to deal with insurance so she said ok. Next thing you know that ******* called his insurance company and said my aunt hit him! Always deal with the insurance company unless its minor damage and the guy can pay you on the spot for it in cash. If the damage looks to be pretty bad get a police to come down, you have to report it to the DMV anyways. Even if the guy offers to pay you from his pocket often its better to just go with the insurance company just to protect yourself
Old 07-26-2005, 10:58 AM
B-Unit

HOly crap, thats why i dont carry a gun in my car, id totally be looking to blast that fool if he pulled somethin like that with me.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cops are worthless. you have to take laws into your own hands. kill the bastid.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:42 PM
phDeez

yeah...i did consider teaching him a lesson. but, i never had this type of incident happen to me so i wasn't sure how the insurance process works. well, i'm sure (or i hope) he gets his in the future...right now, my insurance guy told his insurance about the acccident (he didn't report his accident to his insurance but called mine and said that he simply lost control).

i'm still trying to get this guy though. i told my insurance to tell his insurance what really happened. we'll see what they say. i just don't want to forget about it...at least have his insurance pay for the damages on my car. i took pics but my insurance guy said that if i don't have a police report and eye witness then its his word against mine...like i would really hit an old tahoe with personalized plates that says "TRSNFUL" (get it, "truck sinful bastard") with my Z!

Last edited by phDeez; 07-26-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:45 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

if he said he lost control hes still admitting fault, its just not criminal
Old 07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
phDeez

well, he said he lost control because i changed lanes to his...but he was just mad cuz i got into the lane even if he wouldnt let me in, then i saw him tailgaiting, then he decided to go to the shoulder lane and hit my car...luckily i stayed calm and followed him or he would of kept on going.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Z'd Up

Angry

Sorry about the your ride. I think you need to track that boy down. TRSNFUL
Old 07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
phDeez

Default bad things happening this week

it's weired...a high speed chase just ended in front of my house...cops are all over (11:38 pm on Jul 26). 3 gurls, 2 guys arrested.
Attached Thumbnails Road rage incident-dsc00004.jpg   Road rage incident-dsc00002.jpg   Road rage incident-dsc00007.jpg   Road rage incident-dsc00011.jpg  
Old 07-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Risk

Originally Posted by phDeez
it's weired...a high speed chase just ended in front of my house...cops are all over (11:38 pm on Jul 26). 3 gurls, 2 guys arrested.
hahahaha....that first picture with that wigger is classic!!

Back on topic....my only response is

Brian (is too scrappy to have not beat him down)
Old 07-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your paint on his car, he hit you. his paint on yours, you hit him. the truth is in the paint.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:33 PM
phDeez

his tires are on my car. his truck didn't even get any marks....he hit me cuz i wus established on my lane and he went to my lane to make me loose control (crashed his truck on the back fender and moved his way up to my door). so how do i prove that...the body shop says it looks like i was the one that was hit.
Attached Thumbnails Road rage incident-z2.jpg   Road rage incident-z3.jpg   Road rage incident-photo-43.jpg   Road rage incident-photo-44.jpg   Road rage incident-photo-45.jpg  

Last edited by phDeez; 07-26-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Road rage incident