Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

My bad experience with Tustin Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 10:20 AM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grommit
Well, I'm droping off my Z at douglas nissan tomorrow to get my rear axle clicking fixed. I was thinking of going to tustin but I guess I'll pass. I really do hope they have a better service department, (and they better not damage my new rims!).
DON'T DO IT! DOUGLAS IN ORANGE IS THE ONE WORSE PLACE THAN TUSTIN!! If you're going to the Douglas in HB, then I don't know, but it is the same owners so it can't be much better...
Old 11-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Janus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO NOT GO TO DOUGLASS NISSAN OF ORANGE!

I had the same axel clicking, and after taking the car in FOUR TIMES FOR IT (thats right, I could use the lemon law now for a buyback) they claimed they replaced the part. Well a year later, the part is still clicking, and I take the car to Performance Nissan. I tell them the situation with the axel clicking and they pull the part and put a new one on it.

HOWEVER, they show me the old part, it still has the mark the factory puts on it (this mark lines up with another mark on another part which it fits too) Which means THEY DIDN'T FIX IT. Instead they lied. They just overtorqued some bolts on it.

Another time I dropped my car off for them to repair the motor in the driverside window. They "supposedly" had the part in stock and called me so I dropped my car off on a wednesday. No word from them Thursday and Friday. So I stop by Saturday and they say they are working on it right now and they will call me when its ready.

No call Saturday, so I stop by Sunday. They service department is closed, and I talk to the head sales manager and it turns out they MISPLACED MY CAR IN THE LOT, along with the keys. So I have to go home, grab my spare keys and walk through the lot clicking the keyfob.

ANOTHER TIME, I took my car in for an oil change, and I ended up waiting 6 hours for it. I was the third person there @ 8 am (when the service mech's start work). Everytime I asked for a status update they said I was next. Finally, I told them to get my car here, and give me my keys cause I'm leaving. Thats when they finally put my car on the rack and changed the oil.

The first time I had the axel clicking, I spent about 30 minutes with a technician showing him how to replicate it. Him and I were both able to replicate it 100% of the time at low speeds. So, I leave the car there for them to fix and next day I get a call from them telling me they cannot replicate the problem and are not hearing any sounds. Those lying ****ing ****bag cocksucking asshats !@)#%&*(...

Anyways, I stay away from them like a diseased overweight hooker, and I suggest you do too.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:14 AM
Janus

So, I want to know how the visit turned out =P
Old 11-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the Dealer was legitimately trying to get the color right for you then that's a +1 for them. My jury is still out on Douglas Nissan Huntington Beach. If someone comes into my shop...I know my "stuff", and I find it hard to comprehend that my Dealer doesn't know his. I purchased the same spoiler (it was painted and installed at their recommended outside shop), but I was never told that I would have to upgrade my hatch shocks. With that intall at the Dealer, that was an additional $340. That "fix" only lasted about a month, and now I'm told that I should have purchased a new mounting bracket and mounting stud with the new Gas Stays. These are on order and should be in this week. (I'm not sure yet if I'm paying for these- as I sent a very long email to the Service Manager and he quickly called me to hopefully make matters right.) I have since removed the 14 pound vibration damper and the problem hasn't reoccurred for the last 2 weeks, but the Dealer says I need to put it back and let them fix it. I'm frustrated....but....hopeful.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Grommit

Well, I didn't take my car in this past weekend. I guess I lucked out by not going to Douglas of HB. I will just wait to take my Z into Performance but they are so freaking far away from me and they left stains on my roof the last time I was there. :-/

There has to be a good place close to Costa Mesa/Fountain Valley/Santa Ana.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Vicarious

Performance Nissan is the best place to get anything done. I live out here in San Diego and if I need something done, I wait until i get a chance to go up to Duarte to get it done there.

Last edited by Vicarious; 11-29-2005 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo