Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

My bad experience with Tustin Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 02:35 AM
hkman78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My bad experience with Tustin Nissan

Bought my car almost 3 weeks ago, also got the Nismo Wing along with the hydrolic strut for the hatchback door with Tustin. The sales lady told me new strut is necessary since the wing is heavy. She also told me wing will be ready in 1 week.

I called her like week and a half, she keep on delaying it. Finally another week pass by, she asked me to drop it off overnight and it will be ready next day. I dropped it off past Monday night. The next day come, the service advisor said the wing paint job is not good, will need to take it back to their suboutlet body shop to repaint it. Finally got my car back today, after I carefully look at it, the color dont match with my car and they didnt even change the strut. Now I need to take the car back again and probably cant drive my car for another week.

The service advisor and salesman totally lagging. I will not recommend anyone to go to Tustin Nissan.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:00 AM
zYouLater

Call Nissan America and log a formal complaint. These guys get cars and rated as a Dealer based upon customer satisfaction surveys. Trust me, you will get a whole differant response and action after that.

Good Luck!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:24 AM
hkman78

Thanks for the advise, I will take my car in and will talk to the service manager.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:15 PM
lgbdog1

Not to be rude, but I wanted to let people know that in my opinion Tustin Nissan is a good dealership.

I take my 2003 Z to Tustin Nissan all the time (at least once per month because I drive way too much). I had 1 problem awhile ago when they dinged my rims, but they resolved it perfectly. Other than that they're great. I've gone there countless other times and had a wonderful experience. I do recommend them but I take these precautions to be sure:

- I never have them wash my car. (They do a good job, but it's just a precaution)
- I always make sure to tell the service advisor to be careful of my mods (I do this every time, even though he knows) I list the mods and say what they have to be careful of with each mod. That way they're careful, and if anything does happen you can say that you told them what to watch for.
- I request that the lug nuts are hand torqued when they put my rims back on.

For those who care, my service advisor is Bob Richmond. He does a great job.

Anyways, I just wanted to chime in because I really do like Tustin Nissan. I used to go to Mossy Nissan in Kearny Mesa when I lived in San Diego, and the service I got there was terrible compared to Tustin Nissan. Mossy Nissan scratched my car (They only agreed to pay for half of the damage in a service credit), curbed my rims (They replaced my rims, fortunately), and I felt they weren't knowledgable about the problems I reported. An example of this is when my headlights developed hundreds of hairline cracks (I'm not sure why). When I took them in to Mossy they said that it was "merely cosmetic" and there was "no way Nissan would cover it". Upset, I took my car to Tustin Nissan where they called Nissan and got it approved to be replaced under my extended warranty.

Additionally, at Mossy Nissan I often had to make appointments two weeks in advance. At Tustin I call the day before, and sometimes even the day of my service. It is much more personal service, unlike the zoo that Mossy Nissan was.

Overall I hope this shows a different opinion of Tustin Nissan so that people aren't too quick to turn on them...

Last edited by lgbdog1; 10-10-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Risk

I have had several Nissans which I serviced regularly at Tustin Nissan. I first had a '97 Altima which blew the head gasket while the car was still under warranty. Tustin Nissan replaced the gasket, did an excellemnt job and I continued to drive the car for another 70k miles problem free. I next had a 2000 Maxima which I had serviced there regularly. Again, no problems.

However, when I bought my Z the story changed. Over the period of about 1 1/2 years that I had my Z, I had all the Z issues. Tustin Nissan did a complete 180 on me and was EXTREMELY difficult to work with on warranty work and TSBs. I was having the telltale tranny grinding, and instead of replacing my tranny, a service tech showed me how he can also grind a new Z (by not shifting properly)!!! I would hate to be the guy walking on the lot buying that car! After that, I ONLY took my Z to Performance. The level of service and professionalism over at Performance far exeeds Tustin, who IMO are a bunch of idiots (you should have seen the look on the Tustin parts guy's face when I asked him about flow differences with nismo intakes/cams).
Old 10-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank goodness for the last two posts. I'm taking my Z in to Tustin Nissan on Friday for the front end alignment warranty extension.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:45 AM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tustin nissan is around the corner from my house, but i will NEVER go back to them again. There service, parts, and sales are all USELESS!

First time my p/s window motor went out. They said it's not under warranty... after fighting with them and opening up a claim with NNA they agreed to warranty it but said the parts where back ordered. I waited 3-weeks, calliing once a week to check if the parts where in, they kept saying still no ETA. I took the car to Performance Nissan who had got the parts the same day and replaced it no questions asked.

I just got a call from there parts dept. a few weeks ago to notify me the parts are now in 8 MONTHS LATER!!!!

I went in one other time for the rear axle TSB, and the tranny grind. They turned me away because my car was lowered and had different wheels

again took it to Performance Nissan, no problems
Old 10-12-2005, 02:19 PM
baobabie

Default Any good service places in sd?

I was wondering if there were any other good places to take my Z in for service (besides Tustin) in San Diego?

Just got a 2006 Enthusiast, but from all the way up in Bakersfield (i bought it up there because my friend's friend was able to get me a great deal...) and obviously i dont want to drive up there for services..
Old 11-24-2005, 10:13 AM
hkman78

Final update. I finally got my strut for the hatch installed this week. When I purchase the wing,the saleswoman told me order will be ready in 1 week, but 2 month later, I finally got it. Also, I had to argue with the part manager in order to get the strut. The part manager told me there is no heavy duty strut for the hatch. But after looking at the Nissan website, I showed him that it the site shows there are is heavy duty strut for the Nismo wings. He finally track it down and ordred it.

In regrads to the paint of the spoiler, I guess its almost impossible to match the pike Peak white. I asked serverl different body shop and verified that. But the paint job on the spoiler was still messed up and they end up have to paint it over.

Overall, I dont think Tustin Nissan is efficient and they dont seems very knowledgable of thier product. I do give prop to Jason the part manager for at least try to listen to my complaint and resolve the issue. But I would not recommend anyone to go over there.

Where is Perfomance Nissan?? Has anyone heard any good thing about Costa Mesa Nissan?
Old 11-24-2005, 10:23 AM
ASTIG_Z

I heard that costa mesa nissan (douglas nissan) has a better service department than tustin. I also dealt with Bob Richmond, decent guy, but that other fat f*cker with glasses, i just want to knock out. I do get my oil changes done by Tustin, and they do a decent job at that. But for service and knowledge of the Z, I will go to Douglas.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:37 AM
hkman78

cool, thanks. I dealt with Bob too, he is ok. But I know the other fat guy with glasses that you are talking about, he sucks. He doest seems like he care.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think dealerships are all ****in dumb. There are always a few good guys at each dealership, but as a whole ALL dealerships suck My car has obtained more damage from dealerships than at track events
Old 11-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks..

The dealership probably did not paint it... But doesnt sound like they worked with the body shop properly...

Get it fixed here and send them the bill
Old 11-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
I think dealerships are all ****in dumb. There are always a few good guys at each dealership, but as a whole ALL dealerships suck My car has obtained more damage from dealerships than at track events
And did one of the dealership's that your car was slightly damaged at not fix everything?
Old 11-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
And did one of the dealership's that your car was slightly damaged at not fix everything?
Nope! Still a few more things unfortunately
Old 11-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

from here?

what now?

I thought every thing was taken care of?
Old 11-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Grommit

Well, I'm droping off my Z at douglas nissan tomorrow to get my rear axle clicking fixed. I was thinking of going to tustin but I guess I'll pass. I really do hope they have a better service department, (and they better not damage my new rims!).
Old 11-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Ztrackman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to 3 OC dealerships and have been pissed off or disappointed every time. For the last 18 months I've had all service work and mods installed at Performance Nissan in Duarte. It's a 45 minute drive for me to get there but definitely worth it. The know what they are doing and if there is any kind of problem they make it right.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:48 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by Ztrackman
I've been to 3 OC dealerships and have been pissed off or disappointed every time. For the last 18 months I've had all service work and mods installed at Performance Nissan in Duarte. It's a 45 minute drive for me to get there but definitely worth it. The know what they are doing and if there is any kind of problem they make it right.
Hmmm, maybe i'll take a drive up there....is it really worth the drive?
Old 11-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by ocdavid
Hmmm, maybe i'll take a drive up there....is it really worth the drive?
Performance is probably the best Nissan dealership in So Cal. However, performance shops that are recommended in So cal will be better since less hands will be handling the transaction.

Quick Reply: My bad experience with Tustin Nissan