Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Gallardo vs. Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:09 PM
tabrizio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gallardo vs. Z

I was on Black Mnt. Road in my friends 330ci, when we roll up to a Lamborghini Gallardo at a stop light. There was a modded SS Z right behind of it and we were to the left of both of them. From what I could tell the Z had the Stillen front bumper, cf hood, TSW Thruxton rims, blacked out lights and exhaust.
At this point in time, I am not thinking that there would be any type of race or anything and my friend and I simply wanted to get a better look at the car and to hear how it sounded. As soon as the light turned green all three of the cars started out slowly until the Gallardo gunned it. With no intention to compete or win this "race" my friend and I gun it with the Z following. Those Gallardo's are quick as hell and sound amazing. Anyways the outcome of this race was...the Gallardo up ahead the Z several cars back and my friends car several cars back from the Z.
I have seen this Z a couple times around town and wanted to know if it was anyone on the forum.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:49 PM
norapat01

I hope that Z driver is not serious about beating a Gallado...you don't simply race a car that is on different class ( unless you got some thing more serious than intake and an exhaust ). But, also, that Gallado driver is acting like a ricer, gun the car when people dont know when to expect it...if he want to have a race..is won't be a fair race. I'll be **** if i'm that Z driver, I'll be like "so what you got a Lamborghini, yeah the car's is everyone dream....but the driver is just acting like trash". I won't every bother wasting my gas trying to race him, not because i know i will lost, but simply just that the "driver" himself is not worthy enought to waste my time.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:51 PM
norapat01

Anyway, I didn't mean to go off topic...just pissed off reading it.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:57 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was this Gallardo silver???

If so, I think he lives around the 56 freeway. The new houses by Santa Luz and the new Highschool.

I had the fortune of being stuck behind him in traffic once. My windows were down so I could hear that godly V10.

Some college girls were in the next lane screaming,
"Whoah were yall going???"

"Us...me...him??? nawwww...this is a 30k car...we're not together"

I also saw a limegreen one pull out by Flanders off of Mira Mesa Blvd. a few times. That guy must work in one of those buildings by LA Fitness.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:17 AM
boogey76

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR

If so, I think he lives around the 56 freeway. The new houses by Santa Luz and the new Highschool.

I had the fortune of being stuck behind him in traffic once. My windows were down so I could hear that godly V10.

I also saw a limegreen one pull out by Flanders off of Mira Mesa Blvd. a few times. That guy must work in one of those buildings by LA Fitness.
We have a bucket load of these lambos here , everywhere you go...lotsa slr's, carrera GTs and i ve personally seen around 7 diff enzo's..

i hate lambos....
Old 12-13-2005, 07:28 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

lambos suck at the track, hence they suck at life.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:59 PM
tabrizio

It was a silver one and it happened around the Santa Luz area. Those cars seem to be a lot smaller than I would expect. It looked small compared to a 330. Anyways, wanted to see if this Z owner was a forum member...
Old 12-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Navygolf13

Well, I know there are a lot of nice cars in So cal but seeing as how there are only like 200 enzos in all of the US I doubt you saw 7 different ones. The Gallardo only has like 520 at the crank which is like 442 to the wheels, there are a bunch of Z's here that could easily stomp on it. No big thing.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:40 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Well, I know there are a lot of nice cars in So cal but seeing as how there are only like 200 enzos in all of the US I doubt you saw 7 different ones. The Gallardo only has like 520 at the crank which is like 442 to the wheels, there are a bunch of Z's here that could easily stomp on it. No big thing.
Hes in Dubai. You'd be surprised how many nice cars are in the Middle East. In Kuwait I saw several Porsche 911 turbos, Skylines, Lambos, Ferraris, etc.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:20 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tabrizio
It was a silver one and it happened around the Santa Luz area. Those cars seem to be a lot smaller than I would expect. It looked small compared to a 330. Anyways, wanted to see if this Z owner was a forum member...
Yeah I was surprise at it's size as well. It's almost the same dimensions of a Z...maybe a tad wider?

Never seen a Z like the one mentioned. Maybe he lurks around here and will eventually respond if we bump this thread enough.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:44 PM
tabrizio

Yeah I was surprise at it's size as well. It's almost the same dimensions of a Z...maybe a tad wider?

Never seen a Z like the one mentioned. Maybe he lurks around here and will eventually respond if we bump this thread enough.
They are 3 inches shorter in length, 3 inches wider, about 7 inches shorter in height compared to our Z's.

I guess its an automatic assumtion for me when I see a modded Z to think its a forum member . I have seen this car many times at the WestView shopping mall(Albertsons) right by the new HS.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Navygolf13

Oh, I kinda missed that part. I thought he was here in So Cal. Oh well, I know oil money is a little different. I would be more than happy to have some though.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Egbert Souse

Any guy who thinks a modded 350Z can beat a Gallardo, also thinks his dick is bigger than John Holmes' wad. Gimme a fuggin' break.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:38 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Egbert Souse
Any guy who thinks a modded 350Z can beat a Gallardo, also thinks his dick is bigger than John Holmes' wad. Gimme a fuggin' break.
I can do it, and have, more than once. Now about this and the "wad" size thing, I got references ...Hahaha LMAO!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:09 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by Egbert Souse
first you haveto find a gallardo owner that will actually push his car, and then we haveto decide what defines a modded 350z, enough money changes anything.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:14 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
first you haveto find a gallardo owner that will actually push his car, and then we haveto decide what defines a modded 350z, enough money changes anything.
.......+1...........This IS true
Old 12-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Navygolf13

It's not as if you are going to spen $75,000 to mod your Z just to beat a Gallardo, but if you do it right you can have everything done for around $15,000 TO $20,000 and you will be able to stomp on pretty much anything. Been there done that and I wasn't even finished with mine. So for a total of $50,000 you can beat a car that cost some rich guy at least $200,000. How do you think that makes him feel?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Saint_Spinner

It's not as if you are going to spen $75,000 to mod your Z just to beat a Gallardo, but if you do it right you can have everything done for around $15,000 TO $20,000 and you will be able to stomp on pretty much anything. Been there done that and I wasn't even finished with mine. So for a total of $50,000 you can beat a car that cost some rich guy at least $200,000. How do you think that makes him feel?

I don't think he'll give a rats ***. He's driving a lambo, and your not.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:48 AM
SplitZ

Speaking of Lambos, did anyone see the Murcielago on the 405 yesterday? He was going north and i go onto the freeway from Santa Fe. Those things are crazy FAASST! Even with the windows up, i could hear the growl of the V12. Now that's something! But if it were me, i wouldn't be driving that to a grocery store.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:02 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

personally if im gonna spend a ton of money on a supercar, its going to destroy everything else on the track.

Quick Reply: Gallardo vs. Z