Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SCAMMER Daniel Kim: Update #2

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe he never owned the Z, that looks like mando's Z so it's possible he just stoled the pictures.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:34 AM
skirby015

Originally Posted by gimpster621
going to the recruiter wont do anything. the army is short on recruits. it would be hard to prove that he owes you money even if you have all the copies of the conversations from this forum or your email. i dont know why he needs 14 weeks....he gets paid every 2 weeks even while in boot camp. ask him to write you a check and cash it in 2 weeks. at least this way you have proof that he tried to pay you so in essence you have proof that he owes you money. even if it were to bounce you can then go to the recruiter or write his unit where he is going through basic training. i know he will get paid on the 15th and 30th of every month while in boot camp because i did when i was going through Marine Corps boot camp
He admitted to owing him money in the emails. So its not hard to prove he owes you money. I think you gave him too many chances. If you dont get your money go straight to the recruiters and **** his life up. This guy doesnt deserve to represent our country.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:56 AM
350ztoronto

go to his house you sent the money to mmmkay
then go to the fridge N pack an a$$kicking with you
Old 01-02-2006, 11:02 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy owned batman!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:22 AM
gimpster621

Originally Posted by skirby015
He admitted to owing him money in the emails. So its not hard to prove he owes you money. I think you gave him too many chances. If you dont get your money go straight to the recruiters and **** his life up. This guy doesnt deserve to represent our country.
maybe in civil court but if he goes through the military process, it could take a very long time for him to get his money back. ehh i guess its not the money, its the principle and a lesson he wants to teach. let us know what happened
Old 01-02-2006, 11:30 AM
cvt

don't worry...if he goes through the military process his 'superiors' will have his way with him. can you imagine this senario:

"hey boys, looks like we got ourselves a thief. let's show him what the united states army feels about thieves...'

you'll get your revenge tenfold...i say report him.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:57 AM
CAN0802

People are saying just go to his supeiors with this, and I feel you all need to know that unless you have a court order stating that they owe you, there really isn't much you can do about it. Okay, so there are emails stating that he owes you money, but prove someone else didn't write this? Sure, you can go to his superiors, but without the court order, it could be considered harassment, and this guy could turn around and sue Rick for all of this.
Would Rick win in court? Most likely yes, but you have to play the game by the rules. If you don't, you lose in the end. People often think that just because someone is in the military it is so easy to get things done, but I know firsthand that it makes it more complicated.

Rick, I am still searching on this for you.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:10 PM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 01-02-2006, 05:16 PM
gimpster621

Originally Posted by CAN0802
People are saying just go to his supeiors with this, and I feel you all need to know that unless you have a court order stating that they owe you, there really isn't much you can do about it. Okay, so there are emails stating that he owes you money, but prove someone else didn't write this? Sure, you can go to his superiors, but without the court order, it could be considered harassment, and this guy could turn around and sue Rick for all of this.
Would Rick win in court? Most likely yes, but you have to play the game by the rules. If you don't, you lose in the end. People often think that just because someone is in the military it is so easy to get things done, but I know firsthand that it makes it more complicated.

Rick, I am still searching on this for you.
hahah thats exactly what i meant. nicely put.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:21 PM
pope

i know in the airforce, money issues are taken very seriously... and i have seen people get in deep **** without court orders. he has sufficient info to take to the guy's first shirt (not sure what the army equivalent is).

i personally would take every avenue you possibly can.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:22 PM
ht4

Originally Posted by cvt
don't worry...if he goes through the military process his 'superiors' will have his way with him. can you imagine this senario:

"hey boys, looks like we got ourselves a thief. let's show him what the united states army feels about thieves...'

you'll get your revenge tenfold...i say report him.
+1 all the way... There is nothing a DI likes more than finding out he has a grade A scumbag in his unit. Life would be hell until he paid you back (and most likely even after he did).
Old 01-02-2006, 05:27 PM
apharmdb

How about small claims? Get him served so it's official that he's supposed to show up in court. Also makes it tough on him since he's moving out of the area. But in either case you are starting to document the issues in a legal forum.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:42 PM
CAN0802

Originally Posted by pope_usaf
i know in the airforce, money issues are taken very seriously... and i have seen people get in deep **** without court orders. he has sufficient info to take to the guy's first shirt (not sure what the army equivalent is).

i personally would take every avenue you possibly can.
They can yell at the guy and strong arm him, write him up, and even go so far as give him extra duties, but without a court order, it could come back on Rick. You can do a lot of things, but barring the legal system, it can be considered harassment, which could not only wipe out the debt, it could lead to this bum getting money as compensation in the end. You might be in the Air force, but it doesn't matter what branch you are in, you fall under the legal system and UCMJ wherever you might be, and like it or not, it does give you specific rights, including this guy.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:28 PM
pope

Originally Posted by CAN0802
They can yell at the guy and strong arm him, write him up, and even go so far as give him extra duties, but without a court order, it could come back on Rick. You can do a lot of things, but barring the legal system, it can be considered harassment, which could not only wipe out the debt, it could lead to this bum getting money as compensation in the end. You might be in the Air force, but it doesn't matter what branch you are in, you fall under the legal system and UCMJ wherever you might be, and like it or not, it does give you specific rights, including this guy.
you may be right, but stongarming goes a long ways in the military. paperwork, additional duties, and yelling gets **** done. i would guarantee that if rick can provide enough info to get a superior on his side of things, then he will get his money whether it is taken directly out of his check through administrative actions or its given to him by the punk himslef because of all the pressure being put on him. thats how the military works... when a superior wants you to do something, you do it, especially in the beginning of your career.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:09 PM
CAN0802

Originally Posted by pope_usaf
you may be right, but stongarming goes a long ways in the military. paperwork, additional duties, and yelling gets **** done. i would guarantee that if rick can provide enough info to get a superior on his side of things, then he will get his money whether it is taken directly out of his check through administrative actions or its given to him by the punk himslef because of all the pressure being put on him. thats how the military works... when a superior wants you to do something, you do it, especially in the beginning of your career.
Like I said before, if there is no court order, they can't take the money out of his check.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:30 PM
ArmyZ

Default Scammed

Hey Rick, I'm an Army Captain here in Oklahoma, I've never posted here, a civilian buddy of mine asked me if I could help and I'm sure It would be no problem. I actually command the MPs (military police) here in Oklahoma, All I ask is that you email/forward this to Daniel Kim let him know I already have his info and he has 5 days to pay you or he will be detained at his next assignment. I will not act on this until you get back with me on the 7th of Jan. I hope this helps.

John
Old 01-02-2006, 08:00 PM
The Liu Man

Yesssss... justice will be served.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 PM
pope

good man.... glad to see someone is going to help out from the inside.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArmyZ
Hey Rick, I'm an Army Captain here in Oklahoma, I've never posted here, a civilian buddy of mine asked me if I could help and I'm sure It would be no problem. I actually command the MPs (military police) here in Oklahoma, All I ask is that you email/forward this to Daniel Kim let him know I already have his info and he has 5 days to pay you or he will be detained at his next assignment. I will not act on this until you get back with me on the 7th of Jan. I hope this helps.

John
Hey John,

I hope you can really help Rick out. I've had the misprivelage of working with Daniel Kim also but I was able to get my rim back. It had to come to me going to his work in irvine, jacking up his car, taking back my racing hart rim, and throwing back his stock rim. I think I got off lucky not waiting a year to get my sh*t back.

-Rommel
Old 01-02-2006, 08:36 PM
ActionJackson

Finally justice. You've given him enough time and chance Rick, no backing down to get your money back. I agree money isn't what's important, its teaching this kid not to *#&$ around with other people that's more important here.

Quick Reply: SCAMMER Daniel Kim: Update #2