Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

My experience at Street Image of Baldwin Park

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Sundeviljay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you actually get a quote from them? i have called 3 times within the last 3 weeks trying to get a quote. i was told each time that the same guy (don't remember his name) had "just stepped out." they took my info down and said the same thing to me each time. still no call back! that is just terrible. it is sad because i want to get stuff installed there but can't even talk to anyone reliable.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:46 AM
g35twinturbo

Hey man,

Are you still trying to get somthing done? If so let me know and ill make sure they take great care of you.

Let me know, and ill give them a call right away...
Old 02-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Sundeviljay

^^clear some space on your pm's!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:01 AM
g35twinturbo

Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
^^clear some space on your pm's!
done.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:32 AM
JisNis

Ive tried calling them in the past as well. Same thing, got my info no call back. That alone speaks volumes in itself.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:20 PM
InsaneChink

Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
how did you actually get a quote from them? i have called 3 times within the last 3 weeks trying to get a quote. i was told each time that the same guy (don't remember his name) had "just stepped out." they took my info down and said the same thing to me each time. still no call back! that is just terrible. it is sad because i want to get stuff installed there but can't even talk to anyone reliable.
yea, they aren't very good at calling back because they usually have over 20 messages they need to call back on and they dont usually get to them until late at night. Something that you guys probably dont know is that althought they stop taknig calls after 6:30, they stay there and work on cars until midnight. Now that's f'uckin dedication. What worked for me is to ask for eric and if he is there, just hold for him or hold until you get a quote. Dont leave a message. If Eric is not there, just call back later... that usually works for me.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:56 PM
JisNis

[quote=InsaneChink]Something that you guys probably dont know is that althought they stop taknig calls after 6:30, they stay there and work on cars until midnight. Now that's f'uckin dedication. [quote]

I dont know if thats dedication or a lack for workers or over booking.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Sundeviljay

agreed

and also, i wouldn't mind if it happened once or twice, but I called three times and talked to someone each time who couldn't really give me any info and he promised that whatever his name is would call me back. Even if you have 20 messages, you would think that they would call you back within a week or so. seems like they are trying to get as much done as possible with the least amount of help. can't blame them though! mo money mo money mo money. its ok though, i found someone else who did a quality install job.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:21 PM
InsaneChink

[QUOTE=JisNis][quote=InsaneChink]Something that you guys probably dont know is that althought they stop taknig calls after 6:30, they stay there and work on cars until midnight. Now that's f'uckin dedication.

to answer your question:
dedication? YES
lack of workers? YES
over booking? probably yes too.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't really know enough about Street Image to know if they are over booked, under staffed or anything. But I know they did me good when I went to get my headers installed there.

I custom built stainless heat shields to wrap around my headers and it made install a bit more complicated than plain headers. But SI did me the favor at no extra charge.

I though it was pretty cool. And I liked how they kept their garage clean. (Most auto shops look like a dump.)

Just my 0.02
Old 03-20-2006, 01:28 PM
rgreene

I wanted to post a follow up.The issue with my car has been determined by Street Image as indeed being a bad gearset from 350evo. I'll get more technical information and pictures to prove the issue later (when they send them to me). While I was certainly miffed about the delays I do appreciate the time they spent finding and fixing the problem. Best of all they foot the bill of fixing the gearset themselves. I'm guessing I won't go back there (they probably hate me now ), but I am ultimately happy with how things turned out.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:33 PM
rgreene

Okay, here are the pics and a brief explination at this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....54#post2218354

Not only have they fixed the gearset but they are also delivering my car to me, something that they do not normally do. So I've got to say that they've made up for the issues I had with their customer service. When my car gets here I'll talk with my installer to see if there is any more info that I can post, and if so I'll post about it in the thread above.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Ant830

One thing with SI is they've always taken care of me no matter what. After they put the fuel pump in, I filled up the gas completely and it was leaking gas b/c the o-ring i guess was pinched so they drove down to my house (about 8 miles or so away) and replaced it for me that same day.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:36 PM
rgreene

Eric from SI just drove my car down to me, and even gave me a full tank of gas. It was a long, unfortunate process for everybody. I hope that the guys over at SI don't harbor too much resentment towards me.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to hear that everything worked out. I would have expected nothing less from these guys.

I mean these guys are so meticulous. I always laugh at Mando because he is so damn funny. He literally wipes/cleans stuff off of oil pans, differentials, battery terminals on our cars if it bothers him because he is such a clean freak. After I saw how careful and clean he was, I knew I found a great shop to go to.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:31 AM
accordsirus

BTW,is the 3.9 final drive worth it?How much do they charge u for the intall?