Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got rear ended!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Dozer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got rear ended!!!

I was heading east on Cahuenga Blvd into Hollywood. On coming traffic was bumper to bumper so an ambulance decided to use the lane I was in to cut traffic. Well the car in front of me and myself saw the ambulance coming so we slowly came to a stop. 3-5 seconds later... "SLAMMMM"!!! Didn't hear any screeching or anything. The a$$hole hit me from behind going at least 6-8 MPH... When we pulled over the guy never asked if I was OK or did he even say sorry for what happened! To top it off the A$$ didn't even have valid insurance with him!!! Now the passenger of my car and I both have sore necks & backs!!!! I'm afraid of getting screwed by this guy!!! What to do now?!?!? Get a lawyer??? anyone know of a good one???

Old 02-19-2006, 12:26 AM
ZPatrick

Originally Posted by Dozer
I was heading east on Cahuenga Blvd into Hollywood. On coming traffic was bumper to bumper so an ambulance decided to use the lane I was in to cut traffic. Well the car in front of me and myself saw the ambulance coming so we slowly came to a stop. 3-5 seconds later... "SLAMMMM"!!! Didn't hear any screeching or anything. The a$$hole hit me from behind going at least 6-8 MPH... When we pulled over the guy never asked if I was OK or did he even say sorry for what happened! To top it off the A$$ didn't even have valid insurance with him!!! Now the passenger of my car and I both have sore necks & backs!!!! I'm afraid of getting screwed by this guy!!! What to do now?!?!? Get a lawyer??? anyone know of a good one???

u should put him in the jail for no insurance
Old 02-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn bro that sucks....def contact a lawyer ASAP. If you go see a doctor keep all the paperwork and more than likey a lawyer will send you to go checked out.......This means you wont make the Performance meet huh??

I wonder if you will have any bad damage under the bumper and or the exhaust also keep us posted

Last edited by Ed 718; 02-19-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:36 AM
Dozer

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Damn bro that sucks....def contact a lawyer ASAP. If you go see a doctor keep all the paperwork and more than likey a lawyer will send you to go checked out.......This means you wont make the Performance meet huh??
Nope!!! was planning on going... Had plans to go to M1 Saturday to get my front lip repaired, made an appt to get dents removed Sunday, and had appt Monday to get tint reinstalled on side windows (removed cuz of ticket). I was really looking forward to seeing the regulars at Performance... Man this really sucks!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

You could not ride with someone from the valley and meet us there......if you were anywhere close I'd pick you up but I live in LA so I will caravan with the LA,SB, and OC guys. Wow this sucks and like I said get a lawyer and sue his ****......good luck

We should be able to find someone to pick you up
Old 02-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Dozer

Yeah... I'll get with the 818 guys and try to work something out...
Old 02-19-2006, 12:47 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally Posted by Dozer
Yeah... I'll get with the 818 guys and try to work something out...
I'm sure someone from your area will read this thread and be able to help you out. I hoping all works out for you and you get back on the road soon. I'll see you at the meet I hope
Old 02-19-2006, 08:18 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

that sux, hopefully they had insurance at least, and your alright.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:09 AM
SOCAL350

dozer that sucks man. You know where to find me if I can help.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:14 AM
gimpster621

ouch. let me know if u need a ride to the meet
Old 02-19-2006, 09:22 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow..6-8 miles. It doesnt sound very fast, but at that speed your neck and back would fell it. I would call his insurance company first and verify if the driver has a current insurance policy. I have been guilty of not carrying my most up to date ins card, but it doesnt mean I dont have insurance. If he does have a valid policy, make sure you put a claim in because the guilty party can give a rats **** sometimes and the victims end up loosing time and money! One last thing, if the driver doesnt have insurance go after the car owners insurance if different from the driver. The cars owner always covers in the event of an accident. Insurance comanies will not fight a rear end accident. The guilty party is always the person hitting! ...if all else fails...sue to mo' fo'!
Old 02-19-2006, 10:41 AM
kamz

That sucks. Sorry to hear about that bro. Hopefully you'll get it all taken care of soon.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:13 AM
L337350

damn hoang that sucks.. I hope you're okay and your injuries are only minor
Old 02-19-2006, 11:50 AM
cessna

1)Go to the hospital ASAP! This (if you guys are truly hurt) is your only chance for recourse against the other driver.
2)Get a good lawyer.

Goodluck, and geez 6-8mph really does a bumper in dosent it!
Old 02-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Dozer

yeah... I say 6-8 mph but i really have no idea. it was pretty hard. It was a ford ranger that hit me and upon impact his front bumper road up over my rear bumper and hit part of the hatch back.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:18 PM
MR.OKKKK

you shouldve called the cops... or get money from him.... i had a accident similar to this... some guy rear ended me and he had no insurance... so i said then ill have to call the cops, and he told me he'll pay in cash right now... So i looked at the damage and lied to him this is a expensive car, and its gonna cost you.. He said $500 will do, and i said let me check... Acted like i called the bodyshop and just got $500 from him... My car only had a scratch with his paint on it which will come off with a nice buffer...

but you should've called the cops if he had no insurance or get a money upfront.. ... did you write his license plate down? and a lawyer is a must... like your family lawyer...
Old 02-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Janus

Please say you got a police report.

Its going to be a nightmare to resolve anything without one.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Dozer

Originally Posted by Janus
Please say you got a police report.

Its going to be a nightmare to resolve anything without one.
Nope I didn't I just figured well he's admitting to everything so i didn't think I'd need the report. I got the rest of his info. CDL# and plate#. I go see a lawyer tomorrow. Hope this turns out ok...
Old 02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
pay

its official hoang you have the worst luck!

Hope everything turns out ok let me know if you need a ride to the performance meet.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Welcome to my world......same thing. Dick heads with no insurance! 2 years later, I just signed my release papers for a misely amount of money that will get me nowhere, considering I will now have back pain for the rest of my life.

Other than kicking this guys azz myself, we got shi-te, and so will you. Yes, get a lawyer even though you will see next to nothing.

Jen (can't figure out the douche bag system here, that allows ****'s to drive without insurance!) I say proper punishment is losing a ******** for driving without insurance.....

Quick Reply: Got rear ended!!!