Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Club RSX invites you to March 8th night cruise

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 12:52 AM
HowardHsia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Club RSX invites you to March 8th night cruise

ClubRSX invites you to:

What: Escape from LA Night Cruise
When:Mar 8th , 2003 8:30pm

Where:
K-B Toys
13720 Riverside Dr, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(Its right off the 101 Freeway, take the Woodman Exit)
Yahoo Map:map to meeting location

IMPORTANT: Maps for the cruise route will be distributed at the meeting spot, or they will be posted here.

Who: All invited. Feel free to post this to any other forums that you visit.

The Plan:
Our route will be handed out at the meeting spot. Cruising through over forums made me realize it is not a good idea to put up all the info here.

It comes down to road conditions. Road conditions MUST be fairly dry for the cruise to happen. Sometimes it will rain during the day and the roads will be dry and clear @ night. Stay tuned to this thread.

Details:

CRUISE MEETING SPOTS! VERY, REALLY, SUPER IMPORTANT! Since a lot of people fall behind because of street lights on Sunset, it’s hard to recover a lot of people. So, we have implanted meeting spots along our route. Please check your maps. They will be distributed at KB and/or will be up on this thread.

Don’t worry about getting a cruising ticket, after all, we're NOT cruising. Seriously, the roller pigs could only give you a ticket if they see you TWICE within 4 Hours. Or if you drive RICE !!!

Things bring list:
Common sense
Radar detector
Money (for food)
Flashlight
FRS radios (walkie talkies)
Nextel phone(if you have one, I will be able to Direct Connect and may set up a group talk)

Rules and guidelines:
OK, You're free to do anything your mom won't let you. But, I'm NOT RESPONSIBLE for ANYTHING that "MIGHT" happen. Use your best judgment, and what you think is right. Or bring your mom; she won’t let you do anything... Unless your mom brings you...

1) If you don’t plan on getting lost, make an effort to keep up.

2) If you feel the need to get lazy and have people pass you, expect to get lost.

3) If you don’t feel the need to push yourself through the canyons, you shouldn’t attend because you apparently like to get left behind.

4) The ole saying, "fast drivers should be first and slow drivers should be last," doesn’t apply if you expect everyone to "cruise down the canyons." Fast drivers will leave the slow drivers wondering where everyone went. Putting fast drivers in the rear is why canyon "runs" often leads to rear-end collisions.

5) Make an effort to know the route you are going; ask questions about key intersections. Trust me, being stuck on a top of a hill where you can only go left or right or off a cliff is not fun.

6) Canyon runs at night is more dangerous than day, that old myth of "you'll be able to see on coming cars easier because you can see their headlights from far away-" is false. If you have trouble seeing on coming cars during the day, it is only going to get worst at night. First off, the only vision you see is what your headlights illuminates. Behind sharp turns, blend in on coming traffic lights + yours and you will not be able to see nothing more than a glare.

7) Always stay in your lane unless you severely have more horsepower than the car in front of you. I.e. (If you drive a 150hp car do not expect to pass a car with 200 hp, not very safe.)

8) Swerving left and right does not efficiently heat up your tires to improve traction, its dangerous, your car is not an Indy/F1 car do not try it!

9) It is better to over apply brakes than enter a corner HOT and understeer off a cliff.

10) Make sure you have plenty of gas and understand where all the key intersections are.

Lastly, it never hurts to follow a slow car who knows where he is going. It DOES hurt to follow a slow car who DOESN'T know where he is going .

Questions ?
Email me if you got any. IM is Airtime711.

SEE YOU ALL THERE! DRIVE SAFELY

Last edited by ethan84ae; 02-19-2003 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Aloharacing

Thanks for the invite, Howard.

I've never been in the twisties near LA, let alone sunset/etc...

Probably not a good idea for a newbie, especially @ night.

You guys have a good time.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:24 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

im gonna be there but thats because i useto have an RSX
i thought hondas rival was toyota
Old 02-13-2003, 01:15 PM
kaiser23

Chill out L28, they just want to see our p1mp rides.
Seriously though, it's all in the interest of fun. I may go.
Keep us updated Howard.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:38 PM
HowardHsia

Originally posted by L28
Not to **** on the RSX boy's invite, but why is an RSX club inviting 350Z's to their run?

Last time I checked Nissan and Acura/Honda were rivals. (we all know honda can never compare to our Z's.)

Why would an RSX club be showing up on a 350Z forum, and isn't that kind of weird? FF and FMR are totally different setups and styles; I can see an RSX club doing an acura+honda run, but why include Nissan?

(maybe it's because they know the Z is superior to anything Honda could ever offer, short of the NSX.)

//L28E//

Get off your high horse bro... The euros had a cruise very similar to this. The had VWs, bimmers, and benzs on their cruise. Everyone got a long just fine. Just thought it would be nice to extend a hand out to some fellow japanese sports cars.

and

Originally posted by Aloha racing

Thanks for the invite, Howard.

I've never been in the twisties near LA, let alone sunset/etc...

Probably not a good idea for a newbie, especially @ night.

You guys have a good time.

[/B]
No need to be afraid. My feeling is that there will be a slower pack and cars and a faster group of cars. Faster groups of cars will probably consist of the z's and maybe some supras if they show up. One of the rsx guys is pretty close with them. Maybe a few rsx's that have big ***** and have lots O mods. There maybe a few rsx's that can keep up with a Z... I kid you not, but this is not a race, and no fisticuffs. This event is for fun. Who cares about rivals. I don't. I'm organizing the thing. And not to sound bratty, but i'm gonna invite who I want. Mainly cause i'm a CAR enthusiast, not a hater.... By the way, I did invite the Mini coopers also.

BTW Wat up bob barker hater!! I didn't know you got a Z... sweet.. Ok, so no more of this hating of cars and rivals and Bull ****. It's all about driving and fun.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:18 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

actually i got a g35c
i think this will be great hopefully we can get people with all sorts of cars
Old 02-19-2003, 12:14 AM
HowardHsia

Default Edited

If you guys notice, the pic has been changed slightly.

route details have been changed and will no longer be posted online. The route info will be given out at the meeting spot! The meeting post and meet time remains the same.

Cruising through other forums made me realize that route info should not be given out.

Ok keep yourself updated @ March 8th Cruise thread @ Club RSX

Oh and if one of the moderators could please make this a sticky/pinned/announcemnet/whatever you call it. If not, it's cool. I can understand why, and the other reason, you guys might have a cruise/run the same day.

BTW,

The mountain road we are taking is IMO the least difficult of the ones out there.

Last edited by HowardHsia; 02-19-2003 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:58 PM
DaRKCrow

awww......I thought Acura and Honduh's are family. I didn't even get a invitation.... This is sad.

DaRKCrow
Old 02-25-2003, 10:31 PM
integrate

Originally posted by L28E_280ZX
Jesus DarkCrow, overkill with the S2ki imagery, don'tcha think?

Anyways I'm not gonna show for the escape from LA, gas is too expensive and my tires aren't in the best of shape. my rears need to even out a little before i can do any serious runs. however; i'd like to invite everyone to the meet on the 26th at the AMPM by irwindale speedway at 8pm, see ghostkilla's thread about that.

-nick
S2ki doesn't allow pictures to be linked from their site, so they replace it with their logo.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:34 PM
integrate

Originally posted by L28E_280ZX
Not to **** on the RSX boy's invite, but why is an RSX club inviting 350Z's to their run?

Last time I checked Nissan and Acura/Honda were rivals. (we all know honda can never compare to our Z's.)

Why would an RSX club be showing up on a 350Z forum, and isn't that kind of weird? FF and FMR are totally different setups and styles; I can see an RSX club doing an acura+honda run, but why include Nissan?

(maybe it's because they know the Z is superior to anything Honda could ever offer, short of the NSX.)

//L28E//
Short of the NSX...that is hilarious. Your post is hilarious.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:52 PM
HowardHsia

DarkCrow,

I'm getting there.. hold your horses. been busy here.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:50 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

so are any Z's going
Old 02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
BullishZ

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
so are any Z's going
Not me. I appreciate the invite, but I'm not interested in this thing at all.

Have fun though, anyone that goes!
Old 03-06-2003, 12:38 AM
HowardHsia

I know you guys have something going on earlier in the day in SD, but....

It looks like it is going to fairly clear this weekend. The cruise is on! Looks like we are having quite a few cars showing up.

RSX's
s2k's
350z's
g35
supras
and more!

Just a reminder for you people.

Bring:
full tank of gas
frs radios
money, for food @ In-N-Out

and the rest is in the initial posting.

Don’t do anything to attract unnecessary attention from the 5-0.

If you are going to be late, feel free to call me at 818.335.2347. My name is Howard. I don’t want to wait more than an additional 15 min. So BE THERE ON TIME.

When you arrive, I will have a waiver form for you and your passengers to sign. Sign the waiver form and I will give you the map and directions for our route. Total drive distance is approx 67.5 miles. Not enough to require a full tank, but then again, you will probably be driving harder than normal.

See you Saturday, this is going to be a blast!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:10 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

im the only singular car
anyways can someone please bring a spare radio for me
i dont own one and couldnt find a friend with one
Old 03-06-2003, 07:28 PM
HowardHsia

did someone's post get deleted???

hey bob hater, i'm sure someone will have an extra radio for you to borrow there.. especially since some of them come in pairs when bought
Old 03-09-2003, 02:11 AM
HowardHsia

Nice meeting some of you that came out. I know there were a lot of other things that were going on the same day.

Sorry to ihatebobbarker cause he has to get this from every forum he is in.

Official results @

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...004#post901004

Quick Reply: Club RSX invites you to March 8th night cruise