Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Up In Smoke - Garage Daze Event, Saturday, June 17th...10am - 4pm

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely gonna be there nice and early.

Last edited by Vertex350; 06-16-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Panda350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice turnout and awesome day!
Old 06-17-2006, 08:07 PM
RedondoG

I agree! I stayed all day and had a great time.
Thanks for a great event
Old 06-17-2006, 08:48 PM
MINatSAR

im glad u guys came and had fun... hopefully we'll have more ppl come out on the next event
Old 06-18-2006, 08:27 AM
glogan

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MINatSAR
I wanted to invite everyone out to the first ever Camel Car Culture's Up In Smoke - Garage Daze event in conjunction with Rhys Millen Racing.

We will have music, free food, free dyno runs (specifics below), umbrella girls, suspension install demos, free give-aways, game consoles, free massages...I wil post up the flyer as soon as I receive it. The event is from 10am til 4pm. Everyone, smokers, non-smokers, those that only smoke when they drink, etc are all invited!!!

The event will be held at Rhys Millen Racing's headquarters...

RMR
17471 Apex Circle
Huntington Beach, CA 92647

Here are the specifics...

Music by - DJ Daniel of Acropolis RPM

Free Food, free food, free food...
Free Dyno runs....We will have 2 dynos set up. There is limited space on a first come, first serve bases for legal-aged smokers that sign up that day. Depending on the amount of sign-ups, it will be either 1 or 2 runs.

Garage Daze Umbrella girls
- Come get you pictures taken by professional photographer Glen Inskeep of GI Models. They will print out the pictures there so you can have them signed.

Meet and greet Rhys Millen

Game Consoles by GT Revolution - Race against Rhys for prizes.

Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift Cars on display.

Reb Bull sponsored RMR cars on display.

Hourly prize give-aways...Including $100 gas cards, movie tickets to FF3, parts and accessories, etc.

In the pleasure lounge - Free masseuse services.

Last but not least, there will be 2 suspension install and drift setup demonstrations by Rhys Millens crew. We will be doing installs on a Nissan 240 and a 350Z.

I will post a full sponsor list once it is available.

Hope to see everyone there...
Next time you guys say it's free food make sure that it's free for everyone!!! Some non-smokers like myself drove 1.5 hrs to get to the meet and found out that the give-aways and food only applied to smokers...
Old 06-18-2006, 08:30 AM
MINatSAR

Originally Posted by glogan
Next time you guys say it's free food make sure that it's free for everyone!!! Some non-smokers like myself drove 1.5 hrs to get to the meet and found out that the give-aways and food only applied to smokers...
.... i mean wat most of the non smokers there did was just lie and say dat they smoked.. went inside the tent picked up free meal tickets got their massages, got their hats, etc etc

sorry, i had no idea also that they were gonna regulate non smokers like that
Old 06-18-2006, 04:54 PM
MAR ONER

Yea, had I known, I would've given you my food ticket. My Z was the one at the ALT Wheels Booth. Nice meeting you RickDogg, great meet.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:06 PM
gimpster621

damn i shoulda gone. i totally forgot
Old 06-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Nastyboy

Maybe it was just me then, but I think th event could'of been better organized, specially since there were major companies behind it.

Like Glen said, sux how they were all **** with non-smokers. And what was the deal with the local PD just hanging there harrasing people to the point that they made it a point to cite people if they don't move their cars??
Old 06-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastyboy
Maybe it was just me then, but I think th event could'of been better organized, specially since there were major companies behind it.

Like Glen said, sux how they were all **** with non-smokers. And what was the deal with the local PD just hanging there harrasing people to the point that they made it a point to cite people if they don't move their cars??
I personally thought the event was great for what it was since most of the time the mini shows/meets blow. How hard is it to say that you are a smoker to get a free meal ticket? However, I do agree that it should have been free food for all.

Also about the local PD, you cannot pin that on the organizers. Unfortunately, the little strip of concrete that goes all the way back is public property, hence the "Apex Circle." Cops especially in nicer areas always do lame things since they have nothing better to do.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Nastyboy

Yeah, not saying that its hard to "lie" or stretch the truth. I guess the point is, like Glen, other people drove over an hour thinking it was going to be an event like most other 350z events posted here.

I guess kinda like the Meguiar's meet coming up. We know the purpose of the meet, but Im sure if Meguiar's gives people who use other products a hard time at the event, people are going to feel uncomfortable and more than likely, p-o'ed.

In regards to the PD, not blaming the organizers. Just asking what the deal was. I figured since it was an event, the companies behind it or hosting it had taken the time to get permits and such. For example, the booth's were allowed to park on the red zones... Im assuming there was a permit for that?

Regardless, I had nothing better to do on Saturday, so it was good day.