Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

How safe is it to park my car near UCLA?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:13 PM
guy121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How safe is it to park my car near UCLA?

I'm heading down the end of this month to hang out with some friends. He lives very close to the school within walking distance, forgot the name of those apartments. I was curious if it'd be safe to park my car on the street? I don't have any new rims on the car yet, but do have a new bumper. Or should I try to find a place to park in a garage?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

At the least you should cover it to hide it a bit.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:15 PM
adrianko43

Your car will be one of hundreds of Zs in the UCLA area. Lambos and Ferraris are even pretty common over there. The only thing i would worry about are door dings b/c of such tight parking.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:44 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

i parked my evo 8 there, when i still had it, when i visited my sister and it was fine. she was on the westwood side of the campus & there were 911s and other high end $h!t everywhere. Don't worry about it, just find a place near the strip & you'll be good. just leave room to get in and out.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:55 PM
B-Unit

if you park on Gayley ur car will get pwnt! lol ive seen cars soo jacked that park on that street. btw i go to ucla.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:36 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my friend's car got jacked on gayley after 15 mins of parking there. he went into pick up his gf and when he returned, the car was gone. this was a while back tho... i think he had a teg back then but modded heavily.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:32 PM
FLZ_Boy

It's not safe, the meter maid will be looking for front license plates and any parking violation you may commit. They are very good at this.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:51 PM
fusionchicken

i go to ucla as well, been commuting for 2 years so i always have my car there.

i'd park ur car in parking structure only, or not at all.

my old dc2 gsr got hit and run twice parking on the side of Veteran.

my friend's ep3 si got stolen right in front of his apartment overnight.

my other friends honda crv got a brick thrown into the driver seat window.

my evo IX got egged parking at the meter right outside of Sunset Village (one of the dorms)

other than that i've always parked in the parking structures and have been fine otherwise.

it's true that the school's right next to beverly hills and bell air and malibu, and there are lots of exotics around. but keep in mind, as in any city, there are the extremely rich and the middle class and extremely poor.....

it's cool to always drive around the area and check out exotics though
Old 06-11-2006, 03:21 PM
B-Unit

there are exotics, but u better bet ur *** those exotics are just passing through. they sure as hell arent parking on veteran and gayley or anywhere near/around that campus. They go home to their multimillion dollar estates on sunset and get tucked into their 7 car garage with their other 6 ferrari friends..

I park in structure 7. its underground and very very safe. u can buy an entire 24 hour parking pass for 7 dollars so its good and safe alternative for short term parking, ive been parking down there 7 days a week for the entire school year and only 1 problem and it was a scrape but in a parking garage thats innevitable..
Old 06-11-2006, 03:29 PM
fusionchicken

Originally Posted by B-Unit
there are exotics, but u better bet ur *** those exotics are just passing through. they sure as hell arent parking on veteran and gayley or anywhere near/around that campus. They go home to their multimillion dollar estates on sunset and get tucked into their 7 car garage with their other 6 ferrari friends..

I park in structure 7. its underground and very very safe. u can buy an entire 24 hour parking pass for 7 dollars so its good and safe alternative for short term parking, ive been parking down there 7 days a week for the entire school year and only 1 problem and it was a scrape but in a parking garage thats innevitable..
i parked at 7 last quarter when i still had my mr2 turbo.

good luck on finals mate
Old 06-11-2006, 03:33 PM
B-Unit

hah! thanx man. im actually in the process of writing a paper as week speak. bleh i hate finals....good thing itll all be over tuesday. Maybe u saw my car, chrome silver with black rims..

-B-
Old 06-11-2006, 03:54 PM
mlam002

I currently go to UCLA, graduating next week.

I wouldn't say car theft is a big problem around the UCLA campus, but like most college campuses..it does happen.

I lived for a year on Veteran next to UCLA.. and I can tell you..I'm so glad I had underground gated parking in my apartment.. I've heard stories of cars getting kicked and dented while parked in the street, prob from drunk college students, cars being egged, keyed, vandalized..

pay for parking and park inside a parking structure or friend's apartment parking.. its a whole lot safer..

but yea..350z are a dime a dozen here on the UCLA campus.I see like 5 or 6 every day.. not to mention the countless exotic cars.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:39 PM
UCLAzzz

It's safe as public parking goes! There is a lot of foot traffic usually, but you'll be going when summer quarter is going on which has a signiificantly smaller student body! If your worried about dings on your car, get a parking permit for the garage! There are A LOT of nice cars in the area, remember the campus is literally across the street from Bel Air! Then you got Santa Monica, Brentwood, Bev Hills, etc. etc....if something does hoappen to the Z, it's bad luck not the area!

As my name suggest, I'm a die hard Bruin by default, it's my alma mater, Bachelors 02, Master's 04, now I'm at Harbor UCLA General Hospital<-- That's a bad area!
Old 06-11-2006, 07:42 PM
gimpster621

go SC =D naw i go to westwood often and park my car near the campus. no problems so far.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:51 PM
B-Unit

Booooo ^^^^ hehe gimp..