Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Define Ricer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Rx Punk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Define Ricer?

As you all well know Ff3 came out and people were saying only ricer cars are in it and only ricers would see it. As that sounds it defines ricer as anyone who buy a japanese sports car. What i define ricer is someone who fixes up a import race car and fits parts together that dont really go together. For example, if u had a 98 corolla and u did nothing to the car but euro tail lights and commando spoiler. chills go down my spine at that and we would call that guy a ricer. But lets say with that same car he pushed 500hp on a turbo celica motor, wide body kit and headlights something similar to a r33, and he had the commando wing with the euro tail lights. Imagine, i said "imagine" it looked like a r33 and he did a rwd conversion. Is that guy a ricer?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Quijano187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think its the way the owner puts everything together.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:17 PM
3FITTTY

Originally Posted by Rx Punk
As you all well know Ff3 came out and people were saying only ricer cars are in it and only ricers would see it. As that sounds it defines ricer as anyone who buy a japanese sports car. What i define ricer is someone who fixes up a import race car and fits parts together that dont really go together. For example, if u had a 98 corolla and u did nothing to the car but euro tail lights and commando spoiler. chills go down my spine at that and we would call that guy a ricer. But lets say with that same car he pushed 500hp on a turbo celica motor, wide body kit and headlights something similar to a r33, and he had the commando wing with the euro tail lights. Imagine, i said "imagine" it looked like a r33 and he did a rwd conversion. Is that guy a ricer?
Yeah those poeple are idiots, I didnt see many ricers in the movie, they couldve done with out some of the graphics but..

A ricer IMO is 1) a slow car trying to act fast, ie. a civic with a muffler bolted on to sound cool..2)stupid obnoxious unnecessary spoilers 3)ugly over the top graphics..
Old 06-17-2006, 02:25 PM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3FITTTY
Yeah those poeple are idiots, I didnt see many ricers in the movie, they couldve done with out some of the graphics but..

A ricer IMO is 1) a slow car trying to act fast, ie. a civic with a muffler bolted on to sound cool..2)stupid obnoxious unnecessary spoilers 3)ugly over the top graphics..
Graphics and spoilers pretty much sum it up for me.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Altezza lights
Old 06-17-2006, 02:39 PM
TheLastSpartan

spoilers are if they are too crazy.....some spoilers look nice IMO

id say vinyl graphics and neons go a long way in making someone a ricer

but it all depends... some "riced out" cars look good to me and some look like...well...rice...

its personal pref i guess
Old 06-17-2006, 02:42 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

According to a census bereau: most latinos, some asians, and some mid western white folks.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:49 PM
dkmaxitus

Originally Posted by Rx Punk
that is a very good question. for me its hard to say. no he not a ricer cuz rwd/r33 conversions and 500 hp on a swaped motor is a huge goal to accomplish. yes, because its a 98 corolla with earos

to me a ricer is a car with stock wheels in front that took off the hubs to make um all black with Volk replicas on the back with altezzas on a blue red black and mostly primered body with a muffler picked up at the local Napas equiped with a cusom PVC intake and a wing that i could take a nap on that revs on me at every stop light. but thats just me.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:56 PM
dkmaxitus

oops double posted
Old 06-17-2006, 05:00 PM
heezyo2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5MP67pD2Yc&search=ricer
Old 06-17-2006, 05:40 PM
glogan

Default Webster

ricer
A noun
1 ricer

a kitchen utensil used for ricing soft foods by extruding them through small holes.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:44 PM
reptile718

I would say if your ride looked like Lttle Bow Wows in the movie, deff. ricer
Old 06-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Panda350z

If you know what your doing and building a beautiful car then no its not a ricer...that is unless your using APC and or Matix or Weapon R, then yes you are a ricer. If your building a car with parts that have been through an R&D team and is functional then no your not. All in all its your car so in all reality who cares if people call you a ricer? I get called that because of my tailights but i just ignore them because most people don't know their JDM. It's your car build it the way you want and then admire it. IF YOUR BUILDING YOUR CAR FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS YOUR IN THE WRONG HOBBY. Anyways, to sum it all up...here it is. HAHAHAHA...my definiton of rice.

www.anti-rice.com

Enjoy and cringe!
Old 06-17-2006, 08:25 PM
B-Unit

if u have a weapon R intake you are a ricer.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:26 PM
onebadfyvo

Alot of SHOW with very little GO.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:25 PM
deluzrider

if ur car looks like it is "ready for take off" or the exaust sounds like my fumes after a cali burrito from albertos
Old 06-17-2006, 10:55 PM
josephchihweilu

I had a discussion with many people about the term ricer. IMO, a ricer is someone who has no idea what to do to his car, and puts together parts on his car that make the car look worse and are generally just a waste of money. I wouldnt call a guy with a civic or integra who has good taste and overall presents his car very nicely a ricer. Also, many people who had cars before the Z were possibly ricers at one point when they first got started on this business.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:05 PM
WESTI

Originally Posted by deluzrider
if ur car looks like it is "ready for take off" or the exaust sounds like my fumes after a cali burrito from albertos
some people say the my car is "ready for take off" and the exhaust can get pretty loud but i dont consider my car rice at all.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

anything sponsored by pepboys is a ricer to me but honestly i mean the term has no meaning anymore...

its like when someone from japan does something we consider "rice" for instance the neon tail lights, altezza lights on S15, tire flies on D1GP cars noone really says anything about them i just think some people are funny...

graphics.... hmmmm i own(ed) a Toyota Supra twin turbo which was sponsored by Bomex so i had to rock graphics for my sponsor, i had a custom gunmetal paintjob, genuine/rare 19" Blitz Technospeed Z1's, full Bomex kit etc hmmm i mean alot of people liked it, it was unique and did not follow the same look as most Supras would with a TRD wing, top secret kit etc... some older people didnt agree with the stickers but hey if i got a magazine feature. jtuned.com feature and alot of coverage i mean am i still considered rice? if anyone clowned on me im pretty sure i could smoke there car but i mean

my point is what we consider rice sometimes alot of folks in japan who most of us follow their trend "rock" or "sport" it...

i guess if its not cheaply done, half assed put together, powered by Pepboys, or overkill of stickers with no speed or no "genuine" parts to back it up then yeah its not fice if it falls under those categories
Old 06-18-2006, 12:16 AM
3FITTTY

Originally Posted by josephchihweilu
I had a discussion with many people about the term ricer. IMO, a ricer is someone who has no idea what to do to his car, and puts together parts on his car that make the car look worse and are generally just a waste of money. I wouldnt call a guy with a civic or integra who has good taste and overall presents his car very nicely a ricer. Also, many people who had cars before the Z were possibly ricers at one point when they first got started on this business.

That was me, with my eclipse!! I had my altezzas and loud muffler, boy was i cool!!!

even took it to the track once, ran like 17.9..

Quick Reply: Define Ricer?