Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego Run - Highland Valley/Santa Ysabel/Palomar

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 08:16 PM
socal619

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD Z's

Sup Diego Z's...I just got my Z three days ago...Super Black Performance. Birthday is this weekend so going to Vegas...PLEASE have another one of these RUN's soon so I can join up. ...
Anyone head over to the race legal event at the Q this weekend??]

PEACE
Old 03-05-2003, 09:14 PM
erock

Default Re: SD Z's

Originally posted by socal619
Sup Diego Z's...I just got my Z three days ago...Super Black Performance. Birthday is this weekend so going to Vegas...PLEASE have another one of these RUN's soon so I can join up. ...
Anyone head over to the race legal event at the Q this weekend??]

PEACE
Wsup twin....... lol..... SB performance here too....
Old 03-06-2003, 09:03 AM
nwind21

Got some bad news. Something came up and I can't make it for the Sat. run so count me out Ganz.

I'm still down for the Neptune's Net run, but again that depends on if anything pops up...

Have a good ride! Look forward to seeing some good picts.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:19 AM
ganz

Default Final Meet Details

Hi Folks, the following is a copy of the PM I will be sending to participants.

March 8th, San Diego Z Run
Meet Time: 9 AM
Meeting Place: Alang's House, 17666 Azucar Wy.

Directions to Alang's House:
*From I-15, take the Rancho Bernado Exit and head west.
*The first intersection has two gas stations, and is West Bernado Drive. Turn right.
*Go 3 traffic lights to Duenda Rd, turn left.
*Over the top of the hill, the first left is Azucar Wy. The house is on the right under the street light.

Notes about our meet:

We should leave no later than 9:30 AM. This is important both for our enjoyment and our safety. Palomar is known to have a lot of motorcycle traffic and the earlier we leave to less of it we will encounter.

Maps will be provided at our meeting point. Use it as a reference if you should get separated from the pack.

If any of you have FRS radios please bring them. Radar equipped Zs are a plus Depending on the size of the group, we may split the group in half.

I suggest you come with a full tank of gas. Please take the usual precautions - check tire pressure/fluids/etc.

Lunch: This was never discussed, but my suggestion is that we find a place to eat after the run is completed. Please post any lunch ideas in our thread.

I look forward to a great run! See you there!

Jae (ganz)
Old 03-07-2003, 08:28 AM
Aloharacing

Hey Guys,

Same situation as Nwind...have a good safe run, and take some pics/video footage.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:30 AM
importriders

I'm buying a miniDV cam today so I'm going to be taking video. I don't have a clue as to how to get it on the computer but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Z4KR

Looks like the group is getting smaller. How many confirmed do we have so far? I just hope I don't have to work last minute. Speaking of miniDV cam, have you seen that 350Z video yet? Love the drfit at the end. Here's the link in case you missed it: mmsvip01.vod.inet.tele.dk/10101056/080203/0303_nissan350z.wmv
Old 03-07-2003, 11:24 AM
ganz

Well the group had a few maybes, so I didn't expect everyone to make it. But here is the list of who is going (as far as I can tell). My guess is that there will probably be 10-12 Zs. More than I expected.

Updated List:

zman23
dczoner
importriders
erock(?)
SD350ZEE
roberto350z
Alang
all_bark(?)
zeeing
integrate (?)
spacemanspiff
Z4KR
Old 03-07-2003, 11:36 AM
all_bark

I can make it!

Is it still happening?
Old 03-07-2003, 08:58 PM
dczoner

Hey Ganz,

Thanks for helping me out on the phone! Damn My350Z.com for shutting off for a while. I felt so disconnected! See y'all tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:02 AM
ganz

Originally posted by all_bark
I can make it!

Is it still happening?
Yup, still happening. Weather looks to be perfect. Looking forward to a great (and safe) run. See you there!
Old 03-08-2003, 02:10 PM
spacemanspiff

Default Great Ride!

Thanks ganz for helping set this up and thanks to alang for letting us all meet at his house. We had a great time, wonderful weather, tight fast roads for large part of the ride...and even got to see some snow! 10 Z's in all...most of the Silver! 6 Silver, 1 Chrome, 2 Bricks, and a Red (with some nice Chrome Wheels)...I think that is what we had. And where did zeeing go? He was way out front on the leg home and we lost him.

Thanks again all for the fun!
Old 03-08-2003, 02:23 PM
erock

Default Re: Great Ride!

Originally posted by spacemanspiff
Thanks ganz for helping set this up and thanks to alang for letting us all meet at his house. We had a great time, wonderful weather, tight fast roads for large part of the ride...and even got to see some snow! 10 Z's in all...most of the Silver! 6 Silver, 1 Chrome, 2 Bricks, and a Red (with some nice Chrome Wheels)...I think that is what we had. And where did zeeing go? He was way out front on the leg home and we lost him.

Thanks again all for the fun!
Damn, sounds liky you guys had fun...... My GF woke me up at 7:30 and I fell back asleep and didn't wake up agin till ~11ish..... I really wanted to go too.... Oh, well maybe next time..... So, who's got the pix?
Old 03-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Z4KR

I only got one shot. Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails San Diego Run - Highland Valley/Santa Ysabel/Palomar-sdrun.jpg  
Old 03-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Z4KR

Well actually there was this guy who wouldn't get outta the way.
I felt like running him over at one point.
Attached Thumbnails San Diego Run - Highland Valley/Santa Ysabel/Palomar-img_0238.jpg  
Old 03-08-2003, 05:19 PM
zman23

What a ride! Thanks alang for hosting your pad.
Attached Thumbnails San Diego Run - Highland Valley/Santa Ysabel/Palomar-dsc00464.jpg  
Old 03-08-2003, 07:36 PM
dczoner

Hey folks,

Thanks very much to both Ganz and AlanG for hosting this event. It was a blast! The ride up to the observatory was a fun run - always good times. But then the ride down - THAT was awesome. You ever get that thing where you have to drive your car for a while before you remember where the threshold is? It took me pretty much the entire front part of the run for me to figure it out. But coming down that south side was phenomenal. I think the quote for the day has to be : "Where'd that Brickyard go?" LOL.

Anyways, thanks again for the excellent hosting & organization. I hope there are more pics, but if not then we'll just have to remember the cameras for next time.

Hope to catch y'all later! Take care, safe driving.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:55 PM
importriders

Hey guys, it was cool meeting all of you. Thanks again to Alang and Ganz. I'm still gonna try to get one of you guys out to the track with me. So when is the next get together/run?
Old 03-08-2003, 10:03 PM
erock

Originally posted by importriders
So when is the next get together/run? [/B]
Let's do lunch at Hooter's next Sat. I missed this one so I feel left out..... At least if the next time is ~ lunch time I'd still be able to get my beauty sleep.......
Old 03-09-2003, 08:20 AM
zeeing

OK guys, first and foremost, thanks to everyone for a wonderful time and especially to AlanG and Ganz for putting the run together. I’m sure that everyone will agree in that there were some very good mini runs during the trip, but the run down from Palomar was the BEST EVER!!!! I had only two occasions of slow traffic, and they were resolved in seconds because of the speed.
Now, can anyone help me with this: How can you be in the lead on a road with no branches and loose the pack? When I got to the bottom; I went right (towards I-15 as prescribed by AlanG) and waited by the side of the road. After my right turn I noticed a Silverstone that turned LEFT, so after a few minutes of waiting my mind began to wonder if left was the way to go –no radio contact all this time, perhaps the canyons- and went after the Silverstone. Although, I drove very hard, the Silverstone was never seen again, and I decided to go back, west towards I-15, again… no Zs. After thirty minutes or so, I got a call on my phone that prompted me to come home.
I very much would have liked to make lunch with everyone especially now that is clear the run down the mountain was great for all.
We must do this again, soon, and next time I will stay in the back!

Quick Reply: San Diego Run - Highland Valley/Santa Ysabel/Palomar