Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

window tint help please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 02:23 PM
BlackSpec02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window tint help please!

Hey,
so I got a window tint fix it recently and was planning on just having my tint removed but I just heard that I have the option of paying a fine and leaving the tint on... ?

I didnt really know that was an option but I might be willing to take it if the fine isnt too bad. Does anyone know what the fine is and how I can pay it without taking my tint off?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:59 PM
GReddySetGO
Banned

I never heard of that...

A fix-it ticket or a "correctable violation" means you do just that. Fix/correct it (take the tint off), then you pay a $10-15 fee to get the ticket written off, and thats it. As far as I know, you can't leave an illegal item on your car, pay a fine and be done with it.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
skip2daZ

yeah, there is a fine you can take instead... its a little above 100 bucks. I just went through that my self.
I decided to take the tint off, corrected it, and put darket tint on.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:04 PM
michaeljr6

Originally Posted by skip2daZ
yeah, there is a fine you can take instead... its a little above 100 bucks. I just went through that my self.
LOL that's the way to do it
Old 07-20-2006, 04:17 PM
KanGuru

It depends on the cop .. they made new citations where you don't have to fix anything (or they don't give you the choice of fixing it) .. and you just pay a flat fine .. it's a lot more expensive .. and if they want .. they can cite you again for the same thing the next time they see you .. basically you pay more and end up taking the tint of eventually .. "fix it" tickets are like 2nd chances .. up to you bro ..
Old 07-20-2006, 04:44 PM
BlackSpec02

Originally Posted by skip2daZ
Haha nice!
Well I was considering getting it taken off and then having it put back on but a shade lighter in the front (from 20% to 35%) so its not as noticable as my pretty dark tint now. That would cost me about $100 for taking off and reinstalling at a professional tint shop with the high end color stable tint.

Or I could just leave it off, which I dont want to do, or I could pay the fine, but Im still not sure how to go about paying the fine....
Old 07-20-2006, 05:40 PM
skip2daZ

Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
Haha nice!
Well I was considering getting it taken off and then having it put back on but a shade lighter in the front (from 20% to 35%) so its not as noticable as my pretty dark tint now. That would cost me about $100 for taking off and reinstalling at a professional tint shop with the high end color stable tint.

Or I could just leave it off, which I dont want to do, or I could pay the fine, but Im still not sure how to go about paying the fine....
lol., i did the opposite. went from 35 to 15
Old 07-20-2006, 05:49 PM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey,
so I got a window tint fix it recently and was planning on just having my tint removed but I just heard that I have the option of paying a fine and leaving the tint on... ?

I didnt really know that was an option but I might be willing to take it if the fine isnt too bad. Does anyone know what the fine is and how I can pay it without taking my tint off?

Ryan, I may have a hook up so we don't have to remove the tint because of last Saturday's fiasco. PM me your number and I'll call you when I'm able to confirm.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:33 PM
GReddySetGO
Banned

I think its cheaper than $100+ to take your tint off, pay $10 to get the ticket cleared, then pay to put the tint back on. It's not that hard to remove the tint yourself. That would save you some money also.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:07 PM
BlackSpec02

Originally Posted by SponG
Ryan, I may have a hook up so we don't have to remove the tint because of last Saturday's fiasco. PM me your number and I'll call you when I'm able to confirm.
That would be great news... ive been asking around and have come up with nothing.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:00 PM
yobigd

Hey,

We were talking about this at the Chino meet. I got a fix it ticket for window tint (Orange County a few years back) and I decided I would not remove the tint. On my court date, I told them I would pay a fine but would not remove the tint. The judge told me that was not an option. Long story short, resulted in a bench warrant and spent the weekend in jail. Oh, had 80 hours of community service too. Yep.. from now on, remove and reinstall!

Let us know if you are able to pay a fine and what court you go to or send the payment to.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:19 PM
kumdolife88

for a fix it ticket thers an option that says amout due for bail forfeiture. isnt that the option your talking about? cause it states something like you may pay and close the citation, upon payment of amout due the case is closed and no further action is required.