Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SoCal Rice Fest

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 07:40 AM
mista350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think even when someone invests alot of money into a honda to make it fast. in the end its just a honda and I bet you can pick up a hella lot more chicks and turn more heads in a stock z.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:01 PM
SergEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mista350z
i think even when someone invests alot of money into a honda to make it fast. in the end its just a honda and I bet you can pick up a hella lot more chicks and turn more heads in a stock z.
This is exactly why I miss my Hondas

If you need a car to get you "looks" your weak

If you think a "Nissan" is somehow upstream from a "Honda" youd be laughed at because we all know who has better resale/build quality

My EK hatch with a C5 swap was running mid 13's on street tires and would have easily gone low low 13's on slicks

My EG hatch with 165whp was trapping 96-97mph and was a little beast on the downhill with Azenis tires and coilovers that were dialed in

Point blank there are more serious racers driving civics in autoX and roadcourses than their are 350's --- on top of that most 350's will never see track time

A true Honda head races and continually improves on the car in every aspect ---- most Z owners are nearly stock and run their mouth alot from what I have seen

I own a Z now and the last thing I will ever do is look down on people who are willing to track their cars --- if anything I give them props --- I hate people who talk alot and never actually race

Hondas like everything else got exposed and the bandwagon started but there are few 4cyl cars on earth that can even compare the Integra Type R's or even a Civic Type R naturally aspirated

Ignorant people make ignorant comments ---- if you cant see the beauty of a 2000lb car with 300-750whp than you probably dont race and will get smoked when you do
Old 08-01-2006, 03:34 PM
jd2k1

^+1

Completely agree with you there.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:50 PM
JisNis

Originally Posted by SergEK

If you think a "Nissan" is somehow upstream from a "Honda" youd be laughed at because we all know who has better resale/build quality

My EK hatch with a C5 swap was running mid 13's on street tires and would have easily gone low low 13's on slicks

My EG hatch with 165whp was trapping 96-97mph and was a little beast on the downhill with Azenis tires and coilovers that were dialed in

Point blank there are more serious racers driving civics in autoX and roadcourses than their are 350's --- on top of that most 350's will never see track time

A true Honda head races and continually improves on the car in every aspect ---- most Z owners are nearly stock and run their mouth alot from what I have seen

I own a Z now and the last thing I will ever do is look down on people who are willing to track their cars --- if anything I give them props --- I hate people who talk alot and never actually race

Hondas like everything else got exposed and the bandwagon started but there are few 4cyl cars on earth that can even compare the Integra Type R's or even a Civic Type R naturally aspirated

Ignorant people make ignorant comments ---- if you cant see the beauty of a 2000lb car with 300-750whp than you probably dont race and will get smoked when you do
Amen brother. I used to own an EG/EK hatch and still love them. After riding in my bro's 460hp crx, I'm seriously thinking about picking up another one.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Inno

My "ricer" del sol in the day.... Oh yeah, with the built swap and the spray, it turned 13s. But hey all civics are slow rice right?

To be honest, I had way more fun with this car than I have had with any before or since. Also the del sol forum communities were a lot of really cool guys. They weren't down on other people or nasty, just a good group of people interested in the same car, whether it was stock or highly modified. I miss those attitudes, and plan on building another sol again soon.

Oh yeah... courtesy pic of the G as well. Now flame on!
Attached Thumbnails SoCal Rice Fest-my-sol.jpg   SoCal Rice Fest-myolddelsol-vi.jpg   SoCal Rice Fest-johnbadassjdm_b16-vi.jpg   SoCal Rice Fest-trunkpic-vi.jpg   SoCal Rice Fest-dsc01270s.jpg  

Last edited by Inno; 08-01-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:29 PM
mista350z

Unhappy

Originally Posted by SergEK

hey bro...thats your cup of tea...I myself hada honda "back in highschool." I am not talking down on them or anything....I just hate those little kids that start revving on you with there lawnmower exhaust at the light with there 89 civic hatch or 88 crx's....so annoying....I really dont race at all...and I am not out the for people to give me looks, but I would rather drive a luxurious sports car rather than spend the same amount on a civic....

and to answer your question. If honda owners arent in it for the looks, why even fix it up? why not just do all performance upgrades?

I have met alot of cool and helpful people on the forums...

Here are some pics of old school honda days and new Z days

Old 08-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Inno

I just hate those little kids that start revving on you with there lawnmower exhaust at the light with there 89 civic hatch or 88 crx's....so annoying.... but I would rather drive a luxurious sports car rather than spend the same amount on a civic

Yep thats just it.... civic hatch and crx are the ones you have to worry most about. With nothing more than a motor swap your Z will be owned!

And forget about spending as much as a Z for a civic, for $5k you can build a 12 second car.

And by the way, a Z isn't luxurious, it's a Nissan.

Last edited by Inno; 08-01-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:53 PM
mista350z

yea and if I bolt on a turbo it would be over...just wasting gas against it.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Inno

yea and if I bolt on a turbo it would be over....
You may want to rethink that comment.

Anyway, you take the money you spend on that turbo system, and I'll buy a whole car, a motorswap, and some extra goodies and still beat you! LMFAO

I'm just saying you guys and your prejudice's against Hondas. It's crazy. You drive a NISSAN? WTF? Sorry, but Hondas can be very potent little cars. After you called me a ricer, my Sol would have torn your Z a new (_|_)

Last edited by Inno; 08-01-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:42 PM
mista350z

uh never once did he flame on hondas as i myself owned a honda you idiot. learn to read. i only said that i do not like the fact that stoopid kids in their beat up grandma hooptys have to rev up and cut me off n sh*t at the light, when all i want to do is cruise home.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check this rice out

http://media.putfile.com/Chris-02-41
Old 08-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Inno

beat up grandma hoopties? And you are calling me an idiot? LMFAO! I know many a "beat up grandma hooptie" as you put it that will hand you your A$$!

Nice link rickdogg.... 11 second hondas are all over the place... These guys who think a honda is trash at a red light need to learn a little more before they start the name calling!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:06 PM
JisNis

yea and if I bolt on a turbo it would be over...just wasting gas against it.

Now this is the most ricer comment there is....
Old 08-01-2006, 08:16 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Welcome [H]onda owners who are the 0.0001 percent in California who are actually fast and compete.

But no thanks to...
FWD

Thief magnet

econo box (great gas mileage, not as great as Toyota but still great)

and the same classification as Pedro with his families stickers on his rear window along with a Raider Nation stickers.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Cannysage

we're not talking about nicely modded hondas here. Normally, I'm very patient and even respected all the fart burner 50hp wannabes for even trying. My patience is depleting quickly. In the last 2 years, I never been taunted by civics and integras and other cars that are badly in shape. .. they gave me a thumbs up or just went on their marry way. I'm being taunted on a daily basis these day. Rice moneys honking at me, revving, cutting me off when I don't race them and it's starting to **** me off.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Inno

I see the same type of "rice burners" acting that way in Nissan 350Zs.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 PM
mista350z

Originally Posted by Cannysage
we're not talking about nicely modded hondas here. Normally, I'm very patient and even respected all the fart burner 50hp wannabes for even trying. My patience is depleting quickly. In the last 2 years, I never been taunted by civics and integras and other cars that are badly in shape. .. they gave me a thumbs up or just went on their marry way. I'm being taunted on a daily basis these day. Rice moneys honking at me, revving, cutting me off when I don't race them and it's starting to **** me off.
+1

and Inno, if you learn to read before you talk, this is what I have been trying to say this whole time...not trashing "hondas, I am trashing " stoopid ppl that drive them and try to start **** with them.

you are probably one of those guys too. thats why you are getting so defensive.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannysage
Rice moneys honking at me, revving, cutting me off when I don't race them and it's starting to **** me off.
I get that crap alot also but to tell you the truth most of the ones who do that have APC crap and those ghey *** lighted windshield squirters slapped on with a pep boys exhaust.....it just makes me laugh
Old 08-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Shiftwell

F*CK DISRESPECTFUL RICE BURNERS!!!
CLOSE THREAD NOW.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:30 AM
mista350z

+1

Quick Reply: SoCal Rice Fest