Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SoCal Rice Fest

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Inno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mista350z
+1

you are probably one of those guys too. thats why you are getting so defensive.

Oh yeah thats exactly right... Oh yeah, and ONLY HONDA drivers do that. Are you really THAT IGNORANT????
Old 08-02-2006, 07:47 AM
mista350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well im narrowing it down to who i mostly see doing it to me....this thread needs to be closed since we are jsut going in circles and both of us can go on forever...ill be the mature one here since, I guess you cannot....but im just going to say it happens both ways, no one is right nor wrong....

just my opinion vs yours and we cannot change eachothers views on it...

So lets just leave it at that....
Old 08-04-2006, 01:18 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by mista350z
yea and if I bolt on a turbo it would be over...just wasting gas against it.
Sure --- because your 500whp 3300lb car is faster than a 600+whp 2200lb hatch

Power to weight ---- from a roll a 400+whp Civic is very hard to beat --- with 600+whp they are insane --- Full Race has a GT42R setup for 800+whp

Good luck

I love my Z and will most likely sleeve/turbo it and shoot for 1000+whp because I am crazy and like to push things ---- but I am a small small miniority of Z owners

The money it takes to push a Z that far is almost silly compared to building a 9 sec hatch but overall the Z to me is the type of car you can make sick power with and still drive everyday ---- you can with a civic but the powerband is very different and theft in CA is insane --- not to mention the cops and CARB *****
Old 08-04-2006, 05:24 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by SergEK
Sure --- because your 500whp 3300lb car is faster than a 600+whp 2200lb hatch

Power to weight ---- from a roll a 400+whp Civic is very hard to beat --- with 600+whp they are insane --- Full Race has a GT42R setup for 800+whp
I see about 20 of those while going to work each day.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:25 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
I see about 20 of those while going to work each day.
Which one ---- the 20K monsterCivic or the 60K boosted Z?
Old 08-05-2006, 05:59 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Which one ---- the 20K monsterCivic or the 60K boosted Z?
No comment. However Z looks better (not subjective).

When I get my project car (most unlikely to ever happen) Fiero with an L67 or LS6 you import guys will all be sorry.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:38 PM
SergEK

No comment. However Z looks better (not subjective).

When I get my project car (most unlikely to ever happen) Fiero with an L67 or LS6 you import guys will all be sorry.
"Import guys" LMFAO

Are you forgeting you OWN an import?

You can do whatever you want ---- in the end youll probably never build anything with a Fiero chassis thats faster than an Import anyway --- if your gonna use a domestic chassis at least pick something with potential

Meanwhile the Lotus Elise guys who are swapping in 2.6L turbo K series Honda motors into their chassis and running circles around you will all get a nice laugh

The bottom line is enthusiasts who meet and modify their vehicles for better performance should get props --- ricers will own all kinds of vehicles and should be left out of performance discussions

Applying a "ricer" tag to every car with a certain badge is ignorant --- but its to be expected when dealing with ignorant people
Old 08-05-2006, 06:56 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

"My parents are buying me a twin turbo cause I promised not to call them stupid and go back to community college", should I get props?

FACTS 99% of honda owners are ricers and 1 percent have something extraordinary usually seen in the magazine by subscribers who are the 99%.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Inno

FACTS 99% of honda owners are ricers and 1 percent have something extraordinary usually seen in the magazine by subscribers who are the 99%.
This is such an Ignorant comment, and he calls it FACT. I'm sorry but many a hatch/crx etc that may look like $hit on the outside will toast your Z. It doesn't take much. A light car with a swap, a couple of grand and you are toast. It's that simple. You should be applauding these kids for trying rather than dissing them for not having $30k to throw down on a car!

I started my modifying off with a POS 84 mustang in 96 (my first car at 19), but it turned 11s within a year. What was I? White trash? Now that I drive a nicely modded G I'm somehow better? Funny thing is my 84 Mustang from back then would have owned 99% of the cars on this forum!

Next I had a 1993 Ford Probe that was juiced, and turned 13s, still would have beat all the stock Zs here. From there I got into Hondas and such. Del Sol that ran high 12s being one of them. Again, would have toasted the majority of Zs on this board.

Now I have a G, which somehow takes me out of the white trash/ricer etc categories, and the funny thing is that its slower than every one of those cars I had, and cost more money than any of them! Hmmmm whats wrong here???

By the way, I'm currently shopping for an old Integra to start working on. Give me some time, and it too will be spanking 99% of the cars on this forum. My good buddies RSX is turning low 11s out here in the heat at elevation.

So to the ignorant people on this forum calling all (99%) Honda drivers Rice, I hope to see you out on the track with your Z on heavy 19" or 20" wheels, with your exhaust intake and stereo getting your A$$E$ handed to you by all the beatup honda ricers like myself.

And don't forget, in five more years, you will be calling 350Zs rice, because they will be more affordable to the masses.

Last edited by Inno; 08-06-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Inno

The long and short of it... you drive a Nissan. Who are you to cop an attitude against a Honda?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Cannysage

about a week ago, I joined the honda-tech, only to pay respects to couple of members who passed on/badly injured. Then I went on to read about the s2000 and browsed the forum for a bit. Merely every farking thread was a bunch of kids arguing and cussing each other out! I hate to say it, but Chalie's comment is right. 99% of honda owners ARE ricers (excluding s2000). Inno, why are you getting stressed out? If you're in the 1%, you got nothing to worry about. If you have a 11sec honda, then we'll give you props. Gotta remember, not everyone on the street cares about racing. We also care about looking good and not revving up fart cans that sounds like shat, not getting cut off, and not getting taunted every few moments from the same models that's a rust bucket.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:43 AM
mista350z

Originally Posted by Cannysage
about a week ago, I joined the honda-tech, only to pay respects to couple of members who passed on/badly injured. Then I went on to read about the s2000 and browsed the forum for a bit. Merely every farking thread was a bunch of kids arguing and cussing each other out! I hate to say it, but Chalie's comment is right. 99% of honda owners ARE ricers (excluding s2000). Inno, why are you getting stressed out? If you're in the 1%, you got nothing to worry about. If you have a 11sec honda, then we'll give you props. Gotta remember, not everyone on the street cares about racing. We also care about looking good and not revving up fart cans that sounds like shat, not getting cut off, and not getting taunted every few moments from the same models that's a rust bucket.
+1
Old 08-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Inno

I agree with what you said. My point is... many ricers are 350z owners as well! Some 350zs have "Fart cans" and cut people off and do stupid $hit. So one shouldnt be picking on Hondas, especially since we are just Nissan drivers! For quality and reliability, I'd say our cars are a step down from a Honda actually (that doesn't mean looks and performance out of the box).
Old 08-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Cannysage

Originally Posted by Inno
I agree with what you said. My point is... many ricers are 350z owners as well! Some 350zs have "Fart cans" and cut people off and do stupid $hit. So one shouldnt be picking on Hondas, especially since we are just Nissan drivers! For quality and reliability, I'd say our cars are a step down from a Honda actually (that doesn't mean looks and performance out of the box).
I agree as well about z owners cutting off peeps and etc. but being totally objective, 99% of the zs out in the street is completely stock and mainly driven by an average joe, normal folks that don't care about tuning or racing.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 AM
SergEK

"My parents are buying me a twin turbo cause I promised not to call them stupid and go back to community college", should I get props?

99% of Z owners never track their cars and run their mouth

So whats your point?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:28 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

99% of Z owners never track their cars and run their mouth

So whats your point?
Who in their right mind would track their Z unless they don't mind crashing a 30k car?

My old Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with all 4k + lbs smog passable and everything in tact would smoke any streetable Honda. Go PONTIAC!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:40 PM
mrtomcat

Who in their right mind would track their Z unless they don't mind crashing a 30k car?

My old Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with all 4k + lbs smog passable and everything in tact would smoke any streetable Honda. Go PONTIAC!
why would anyone in their right mind buy a Z and not track it???? It's meant for the track otherwise buy a buick
Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
why would anyone in their right mind buy a Z and not track it???? It's meant for the track otherwise buy a buick
I was impulsive at the moment of purchase and made the same decision as the old lady with the Z.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
mrtomcat

I was impulsive at the moment of purchase and made the same decision as the old lady with the Z.
yeah, but the old lady always shows up on track days...where are you?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
yeah, but the old lady always shows up on track days...where are you?
Being a good house wife and watching the Oxygen network. This year I will try to go to Buttonwillow after I figure out if the Zs roll bars qualify.

Quick Reply: SoCal Rice Fest