Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

06 HID Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S1 350Z
Andy

are housings-only for the zenki available?
Yes they are, they retail for $659.58 at your local NISSAN dealer. You can purchase them here at www.performancenissanfactoryparts.com at a much better price than retail or you can come by our dealer.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:17 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Yes they are, they retail for $659.58 at your local NISSAN dealer. You can purchase them here at www.performancenissanfactoryparts.com at a much better price than retail or you can come by our dealer.
Is that for the pair?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Is that for the pair?
Per side.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:31 AM
meezie

it's per lamp.

^ edit--
andy beat me to it.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:44 AM
HockeyZ39

used ballasts go for over 100, new ones over 200 bulbs used are around 40-50 and new over 100 per, and taking them out only changes the price 17 dollars???????
Old 08-24-2006, 11:52 AM
El Guy

Andy, What is the part numbers for the 06 oem lights left and right.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:12 PM
El Guy

So is the Koki Brand the only ones available?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:09 PM
meezie

Originally Posted by El Guy
Andy, What is the part numbers for the 06 oem lights left and right.
the part number as a set can be found at this link:

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=3964

Originally Posted by El Guy
So is the Koki Brand the only ones available?
both zenki and kouki are available for purchase through the link i just provided and the link that andy posted at the top of the page.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
HockeyZ39

I saw a set go on eBay for $900 good feedback was left from the auction. There was another one posted up that ended with no bids from the same guy. I was very close to jumping on them!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Nastyboy

Couldn't help but to throw my $0.02

2006 upgrade WILL work without any further modification (other than what was previously explained).

I have a 2003 and upgraded to 2006 heads and tails... not just research, so this is coming from experience on a car that some of you have seen in person at meetings.

I bought my 2006 headlamps from Santa Monica Nissan, with the same story, they told me it wouldn't work and it was a waste of money cuz one of their guys had also done the research!

All I had to basically do is:
remove my old ballast and bulbs from my 03 lights
file as indicated in previous post. install my ballast and light bulbs... turn my lights on... and presto!!!!

Yes, the 2006 are bi-xenon... guess what, my 03 ballast work! It's the hardware/wiring on the actual headlamp assembly that makes it bi-xenon. The only thing I later did was upgrade my bulbs from non-projector to projector style because I wanted 9500k bulbs.

Here's a pic of the car, with the above mentioned:
Old 08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
HockeyZ39

How much did you pay for a set with out ballasts or bulbs? You could have used the D2R bulbs if you just scratched the little black patches off the bulbs to get the full 3200 lumens.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Nastyboy

Hmm, I just read my above post, so I should make a correction. I didn't buy them, my friend who owns a bodyshop in LA (Grand Prix Auto) bought them for me as a B-day present.

So honestly, I don't know how much he paid. All I know is that he deals w/Santa Monica Nissan for Nissan replacement parts and they (the headlamps) showed up with the rest of the other parts he had ordered for other vehicles. I thought he had a new Z he was working on, he obviously surprised me and handed them to me as a present.

As for the bulbs, yeah, I heard that before. But I had already touched one of my bulbs by accident a couple of times. That particular bulb started turning yellow'ish, so I figured now would be a good time to upgrade to the color I wanted.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:44 PM
TiPIACE

i put a set of oem 06s on my halogen headlight'd 35th Ann (Aus didnt get xenons until 06)

i bought mine from Japan since i needed a RHD beam pattern. The install was very easy. The person i bought them off in Japan sent me the 06 engine side plastic harness. So all we did was feed the engine side wires into the new harness, and clip the headlights straight in - no soldering, no splicing. The only 'hard' part was making sure the same colored wires on the headlight were lined up with the same colored engine side wires in the harness

note, i dont have auto levelling beams though. Do the oem 06s have that?

one of the best mods i did. I went from a xenondepot HID kit to a mega expensive Raybrig HID kit and still wasnt happy with the output from the old headlights. The output on the 06 is so much better, it actually lights in front of the car, whereas the old headlights split the beam out far too wide and diffused the light in front of the car. And matched with the 06 tail lights, they freshen up the look of the car

the output isnt quite as white as other euro oem xenons, they do have a fair bit of yellow in them. But i think thats because theyre bi-xenon and you cant get a tight lense to filter out the yellow like non bi-xenon projectors. Other motorists do see that color changing flicker on the road though. Output when you flick the high beams is crazy

Last edited by TiPIACE; 08-25-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:51 PM
El Guy

Yeah that looks sweet. I have 05 Base Black, And want to upgrade the outside for a 06. Well probably start to ask around the body shops id they have extra set that they have reordered. Or if they can get a better price for them.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:04 PM
FarSeide

I upgraded my 04 base to 06 bi-xenon. The diy is on the other forum if anyone is interested. I didnt get a chance to take any pics while putting together the DIY but its fairly easy if you know what your doing...
Old 08-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
You cannot directly fit any OEM HID headlight to a Base, hard wiring will be required. As far as any other Z equipped with HID from the factory, the kouki headlights will be a direct fit and connection with no modifications needed, I have already done this on my Z.

I have an 03 track, is it a direct fit for the OEM 06 headlights? whats the diff between the kouki and the OEM ?
Old 08-25-2006, 11:31 PM
HockeyZ39

^^^ yes it is plug and play since you already have HID.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by TiPIACE
i put a set of oem 06s on my halogen headlight'd 35th Ann (Aus didnt get xenons until 06)

i bought mine from Japan since i needed a RHD beam pattern. The install was very easy. The person i bought them off in Japan sent me the 06 engine side plastic harness. So all we did was feed the engine side wires into the new harness, and clip the headlights straight in - no soldering, no splicing. The only 'hard' part was making sure the same colored wires on the headlight were lined up with the same colored engine side wires in the harness

note, i dont have auto levelling beams though. Do the oem 06s have that?

one of the best mods i did. I went from a xenondepot HID kit to a mega expensive Raybrig HID kit and still wasnt happy with the output from the old headlights. The output on the 06 is so much better, it actually lights in front of the car, whereas the old headlights split the beam out far too wide and diffused the light in front of the car. And matched with the 06 tail lights, they freshen up the look of the car

the output isnt quite as white as other euro oem xenons, they do have a fair bit of yellow in them. But i think thats because theyre bi-xenon and you cant get a tight lense to filter out the yellow like non bi-xenon projectors. Other motorists do see that color changing flicker on the road though. Output when you flick the high beams is crazy

damn that thing looks SWEET!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:03 AM
TiPIACE

thanks mate

wait till i fit my mirrors on Monday
Old 08-28-2006, 01:25 AM
BlackSpec02

im surprised no aftermarket companies have made any clear headlight housings premade for the Z.... so many cars have aftermarket headlights with clear reflectors and black housings available. Someone should copy the 06 tails too... they could make a killing selling them for less than OEM.

Quick Reply: 06 HID Lights