Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

what's happening to performance nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:55 AM
cvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
What issue was this? Please, if you have a concern or problem, dont hesitate to speak with us. We will do what we can to resolve any issues.
the issue was already solved by street image. i came in letting them know that the bolts provided by motordyne did not match my strut bar bolts. all they said was that my car was weird. funny, because my car came from performance nissan. i found out later from hydrazine that my 03 Z was an EARLY 03' with different bolt types. street image provided me the bolts. the performance nissan front counter said...come back next monday for the bolts . i was just surprised that simple sized bolts could not be supplied or that there was such aloofness to the situation when my car was still in the process of a spacer install (did the front counter want me to stop the spacer install...drive back home 40 miles...drive back another 40 miles to pick up the bolts on monday...then drive back home again?)
Old 09-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Andy - very reassuring to see you chime in on this thread. I will check back with you next time I need service on my Z. Which hopefully will be NEVER because I plan to do all maintenance myself until something breaks.

Ed - the motul motor oil is one of the best out there no doubt, but it is rediculously expensive. It has a huge molybdenum (moly) content which gives it good high temp lubricity but I don't know if you need something that expensive. Also let me know if you want to do the trans/diff change with me, should be no problem. I understand if you want to do it at a dealership so there is a clear record of you doing the service.

Personally, I had Tim manage my service when I got the rear axle clicking (TSB) fixed, I had no problems with Tim or the service guys and they fixed the noise issue.

The problem with Performance Nissan is I really like to WATCH when my car is being serviced, and I was standing clear out of the way watching my car when a mechanic told me to go back inside because I might get hit by a car or something . Give me a break, I was not even close to the garage, I was standing over by the used oil canisters (Andy will know what I'm talking about).

I really hate garages that tell me I can't watch my car get serviced due to liability. It's not like I'm interfering or standing in the way. Hell, I'm not even standing in the GARAGE, or even NEAR the garage. It just feels like the garage has something to hide when they won't let me watch.

I'm sure this is standard policy for some places, but I've been to service centers where you can stand outside the garage and clearly watch what is being done to your car. Even at jiffy lube they have closed circuit TV where you can watch them work on your car. Not that I would ever take my car to Jiffy Scam, but you get my point.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Thanks Andy next time I will bring my own oil but would that mean the oil change price would be cheaper then. I always use the coupons I get in the mail for 16.95 but if they price is the same even if I bring my oil that would not make sense right.....

Also Andy if I bring my own diff and tranny fluid how much will be the service...
Ed - I cant really quote prices for service because I have no power in that department. Service and parts are complete different entities. I try to work with the service writers as much as I can to assure that the people who are getting serviced is getting their car properly worked on. If you bring in your own oil, it will be cheaper. You will still get charged for the crush washer and oil filter but they shouldnt charge you fo any oil. Hope that helps.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Brian@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by cvt
the issue was already solved by street image. i came in letting them know that the bolts provided by motordyne did not match my strut bar bolts. all they said was that my car was weird. funny, because my car came from performance nissan. i found out later from hydrazine that my 03 Z was an EARLY 03' with different bolt types. street image provided me the bolts. the performance nissan front counter said...come back next monday for the bolts . i was just surprised that simple sized bolts could not be supplied or that there was such aloofness to the situation when my car was still in the process of a spacer install (did the front counter want me to stop the spacer install...drive back home 40 miles...drive back another 40 miles to pick up the bolts on monday...then drive back home again?)

I'd like to point out something though. The problem with just asking the front counter for help with aftermarket issues is that they're not always trained on that sort of thing. Hence why we have at least one person from our aftermarket department here every Saturday to help you guys out. You just have to ask the front counter to speak to the Nismo guy. If you ever need any help, just give us a call.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by THE TECH
PM'd you.
Im working on your issue right now, trying to schedule the appointment to fit your schedule, Ill PM you back as soon as I have something.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by cvt
I see. I apologize for the issue. Youd imagine that a dealership should carry bolts which we do but I cannot be certain that we have the exact size bolt and length we needed for your car. Im sure the reason why we told you to come back on Monday was so we can get the the proper hardware form Motordyne to finish the install as all the hardware in the spacer kit is provided by Motordyne. Im sure if we had the proper bolt size and the correct amount for the install, we would have used them. If you run into any issue in the future, please dont hestitate to let anyone of us here know.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Ed - Also let me know if you want to do the trans/diff change with me, should be no problem.
Mike I have the oils already I got insane good deal for the OEM nissan Synthetic oils. We do business with first nissan in Simi Valley at work....

Last edited by Ed 718; 09-18-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Mike I have the oils already I got a retarded good deal for the OEM nissan Synthetic oils. We do business with first nissan in Simi Valley at work....
Very nice, like I said just let me know if you want to do this with me, but it's cool if you want a dealer to do it also.

offtopic: I got my g100, maybe we can do the detailing meet real soon.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Very nice, like I said just let me know if you want to do this with me, but it's cool if you want a dealer to do it also.

offtopic: I got my g100, maybe we can do the detailing meet real soon.
I would like your assitance in this Mike will call you later to discuss....sorry about the thread jack
Old 09-18-2006, 02:22 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
I see. I apologize for the issue. Youd imagine that a dealership should carry bolts which we do but I cannot be certain that we have the exact size bolt and length we needed for your car. Im sure the reason why we told you to come back on Monday was so we can get the the proper hardware form Motordyne to finish the install as all the hardware in the spacer kit is provided by Motordyne. Im sure if we had the proper bolt size and the correct amount for the install, we would have used them. If you run into any issue in the future, please dont hestitate to let anyone of us here know.
that's fine. i'm happy with the spacer and when brian was there for the purchase he was very helpfull. it's just a whole lot of things (primarily with service) that really erked the hell out of me this last year (not putting my supplied oil, pushing me to doing service i don't need, overcharging me, etc.)....but this trans flush thing was the one that sent me over the edge. 11 quarts @ $84 dollars and they only used 3 quarts of it. it would have been cool if they told me 'hey, our machine to flush the system is down...we can drain and fill for you or wait till after wednesday to get it flushed'. but they just sent me on my way like nothing happened...thank god as a precaution i ask to return ALL my used bottles after the service.

even if it was a drain and fill...what kind of a drain and fill is it when you only use 3 quarts of new tranny oil in a 10-7/8 quart capacity tank?????
Old 09-18-2006, 03:35 PM
ZedNewbie

^^I hear ya. Hard to find an honest service dept anymore. I will only go for service at a dealership for warranty work from now on. I posted a few weeks ago about having to wait 3+ hours at Performance Nissan for an oil change. Never again. I will still use the part dept though.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Janus

So, does anyone know if the floater guage is the same part as the fuel pump/sending unit?

If so, Performance Nissan owes me $1k.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by Janus
So, does anyone know if the floater guage is the same part as the fuel pump/sending unit?

If so, Performance Nissan owes me $1k.
It looks like the sensor, filter, and fuel pump are all incorporated to the same part. Not totally sure though. But they can also be disassembled, see second attachment.

You can also see part #4 is a "sub fuel level sensor unit" which appears to be different from the "main fuel level sensor" which is incorporated into #2.

Short answer: I have no idea ...
Attached Thumbnails what's happening to performance nissan?-fuelassembly.jpg   what's happening to performance nissan?-fuelassembly2.jpg  

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 09-19-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:37 PM
cvt

i'm going to call tomorrow to see if their tranny flush machine is operable....i can't believe i'm making another 80mile commute to get this done. i hope they let me watch this time so i can see 11 quarts flushed out and 11 quarts put in....
Old 09-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by cvt
i'm going to call tomorrow to see if their tranny flush machine is operable....i can't believe i'm making another 80mile commute to get this done. i hope they let me watch this time so i can see 11 quarts flushed out and 11 quarts put in....
Good luck, as I mentioned they wouldn't let me watch because they thought "I might get hit by a car"
Old 09-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Janus

You know, I am just going to drop the issue. I know they weren't "out to get me" or trying to rip me off.

In all probability, they were just really really busy and took shortcuts.

So the issue is entirely in their customer service approach and not lack of ability or malicious intent.

Plus I know the mehcanics in the back under under tremendous stress to complete the work orders in as short a time as possible.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Panda350z

I really didn't have any problems when I had my car serviced there but then again that was awhile back.

+1 for Andy though! Very knowledgeable and very helpful!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:55 PM
cvt

UPDATE-

well i called performance nissan today and apparently this thread has gone out to the service manager (your doing Andy?).to make a long story short...the machine to do the tranny flushes won't be comming in till next monday. but the service rep i delt with informed me that i don't have to use my own fluid (which is great) and that the service manager would want to talk to me and give me an apology for price discrepancies/service. ok great. plus i get to watch them do it to make sure 11 quarts go out and 11 quarts go in. even better. i didn't realize i ruffled a couple of feathers by posting here. my intent was not to put performance nissan down. as stated before i have been a big fan of performance nissan parts AND service. my post was to vent my frustration with the recent service i had been experiencing lately. i mean seriously...why make an 80 mile commute and lose half a day to get the kind of service woodland hills nissan provides?

point being before i got the call from performance nissan today i was planning to just get my tranny serviced...then after that have future services done somewhere else. but they did call. at least that showed they still cared right? anyway, we'll see how it goes next week.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by cvt
UPDATE-

well i called performance nissan today and apparently this thread has gone out to the service manager (your doing Andy?).to make a long story short...the machine to do the tranny flushes won't be comming in till next monday. but the service rep i delt with informed me that i don't have to use my own fluid (which is great) and that the service manager would want to talk to me and give me an apology for price discrepancies/service. ok great. plus i get to watch them do it to make sure 11 quarts go out and 11 quarts go in. even better. i didn't realize i ruffled a couple of feathers by posting here. my intent was not to put performance nissan down. as stated before i have been a big fan of performance nissan parts AND service. my post was to vent my frustration with the recent service i had been experiencing lately. i mean seriously...why make an 80 mile commute and lose half a day to get the kind of service woodland hills nissan provides?

point being before i got the call from performance nissan today i was planning to just get my tranny serviced...then after that have future services done somewhere else. but they did call. at least that showed they still cared right? anyway, we'll see how it goes next week.
Smart move for perf. nissan... as it's abundantly obvious from past experience, "internet reputation" can make or break a company.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:43 PM
n8vz

Awesome... good to know people still cares, I guess I will try to call Javier tomorrow about the StopTech brake upgrade install I had been planning for a while.

Quick Reply: what's happening to performance nissan?