Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

what's happening to performance nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:25 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Janus
However, their service department blows chunks threw a straw with a hair monkey defacating on it and then sucking it back through the straw.
(I hope that was descriptive enough...)
That's hilarious.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:33 AM
windydog

Why did Javier end up leaving? Does anyone know where he went to.

That too bad, where can I take my car now?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:35 AM
cvt

I had to reschedule my tranny flush till' this saturday morning at 7am. beenso busy at work. i'll update everyone once i get it done.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Leslie

So now with the new owners and such, the service dept troubles etc.. Sucks to hear about Tim and Javier looks like self maintance until things get sorted out. Or finding some dealer or place here in nevada that wont f-up the car or overcharge (fat chance)

How about the car sales etc.. we bought are Z there with ken and david. I know david left awhile back, but is ken still there? Is PN still the place for great new car buys? This is just too hard to take
Old 09-27-2006, 11:07 AM
led

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
please dont hesititate to PM any of us.
Yeah, thanks for responding to my pm regarding my tire feathering problem...
Old 09-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by led
Yeah, thanks for responding to my pm regarding my tire feathering problem...
Martin,

I received your PM on Monday and I just responded to it. Sorry about the delayed response, let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Martin,

I received your PM on Monday and I just responded to it. Sorry about the delayed response, let me know if you have any other questions.

sup andy.. of course i have this same issue.. my 3 year warranty is up so the nissan dealership in orange said theres nothing they could do.. The said they even called nissan usa and they couldnt do anything about it..... would your guys be more of a help on this, i dont believe they called corp nissan and tried to pull any strings for me.....
Old 09-27-2006, 12:54 PM
TayTaythatsme04

So overall after all of this is it still a good place to go or would you guys recommend somewhere else for the normal stuff oil change, brake job, etc ???

T
Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Janus

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
So overall after all of this is it still a good place to go or would you guys recommend somewhere else for the normal stuff oil change, brake job, etc ???

T
Their parts department is 110% the best!

Their service department is a gamble. So far it looks to be 50% / 50% success. (My opinion.)

My service advisor was Wil, and I feel he was too busy to be bothered with my issues. I am sure it is not his fault. But the circumstances allayed against the situation. He was probably really busy.

Bearing that in mind Performance either needs to work on production work-flow with their service department or something.

I don't think adding more Service Advisors is the solution, that could possibly throw a wrench. But they are definately jam packed every time I am there or call. So something must be able to be done to alleviate that.

I want my issues followed through on, not a "I hope I get lucky and its followed through with this time...".
Old 09-27-2006, 05:39 PM
TayTaythatsme04

^^^ hummm . . . I know the parts is awesome from experience, but I need to get my brakes done and new pads put on and I was planning on going up there in the next couple of days and all these threads pop up . . . .

T
Old 09-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as Tim can write me up I will continue to service my car there....
Old 09-27-2006, 06:38 PM
n8vz

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
^^^ hummm . . . I know the parts is awesome from experience, but I need to get my brakes done and new pads put on and I was planning on going up there in the next couple of days and all these threads pop up . . . .

T
I'm going up there this weekend to get some brake system upgrade. Will let you guys know how it turns out. Andy has been very helpful while talking to him on the phone
Old 09-30-2006, 09:57 PM
cvt

update-

well I was there this morning at 7:10am. it was pretty uneventful. I didn't get to talk to the servive manager since I guess it was his day off. The flush went fine. I went around and saw some guy pouring matic J on a machine (which I assume is what they use to do the flush). I stayed till' about 9:20am, and got to return the bottles I previously bought after they ofered to pay for the fluid as well. I brought my laptop so time wasn't too much of an issue. I'm still on the fince about things since it did take 2-80 mile commutes to do the flush properly...but I'm just glad it's done and gas is getting cheaper.

To be honest the service team still looks like it's trying to get their bearings together. When calling in to confirm appointments I was put on hold for 10 min. When I was there no one informed me that my car was ready until I saw it parked outside. My service advisor was nowhere in sight so I just went ahead and asked the front counter to get me my keyes.

Would I take my Z in for service to performance again? Well, as far as experience and knowledge about the Z...there really is nobody else in the l.a. area. I'll leave it at that. If woodland hills nissan was half as competent as they are I wouldn't even make the 80 mile commute...take that for what it's worth.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:17 AM
windydog

that really sucks, that PN treats you like that. Personally I am not going back. I used to drive from OC to PN to get my car serviced. I will no longer go back unless I hear better things.

For Toyota and Honda, there are good independant shops that do a good job.

Isn't there one similiar around here. I know when I lived up in San Fransico, the independent did better business then the dealer because he hired the best techs away.

I will start to do my research. I am pretty close to signal auto. I may give them a try.

To tell you the truth, its not hard to do the service intervals if you have a manual. Most of the time, all they are doing is changing your oil for 300 bucks.

You could buy a nice jack, some ramps and stands with the money you save on the first service.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by windydog
To tell you the truth, its not hard to do the service intervals if you have a manual. Most of the time, all they are doing is changing your oil for 300 bucks.

You could buy a nice jack, some ramps and stands with the money you save on the first service.
+1

That's why I stopped taking my car to the dealer for scheduled maintenence. All most dealerships do is (a) make you wait too long, (b) "check" stuff, (c) scratch your car, (d) do an oil change, but forget to replace the drain plug washer, and overtighten the drain plug. (Note: I am not referring to Performance Nissan, I have never had my car serviced there so I don't know what their service is like)

Should I mention that most dealerships "top off" fluids?

The only fluid I want getting topped off is washer fluid. If my power steering, brake fluid, etc is low, I want a full flush not some bullsh1t "topping off" .
Old 10-01-2006, 12:34 PM
skirby015

where is a good place to get the z serviced in los angeles or the valley?
Old 10-01-2006, 12:59 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by skirby015
where is a good place to get the z serviced in los angeles or the valley?
that's a good question. if you find an answer let me know....
Old 10-01-2006, 05:55 PM
n8vz

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by n8vz
I'm going up there this weekend to get some brake system upgrade. Will let you guys know how it turns out. Andy has been very helpful while talking to him on the phone

Okay Guys. Drove my Z up to LA over the weekend (to visit family and drop the car off at Performance). Had Stoptech Stage 2 installed and trouble shoot SRS light issue. Tim was aweseom and took care of everything. The last time I had my Z there was almost 2 years ago and I think their service is still pretty good. Only complaint was that i took the porter 15~20min to retrieve my car before I can drive off. 1+ for positive feedback.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:05 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
+1

That's why I stopped taking my car to the dealer for scheduled maintenence. All most dealerships do is (a) make you wait too long, (b) "check" stuff, (c) scratch your car, (d) do an oil change, but forget to replace the drain plug washer, and overtighten the drain plug. (Note: I am not referring to Performance Nissan, I have never had my car serviced there so I don't know what their service is like)
Yep, took my Maxima in and got my magnetic drain plug snapped in half and my rear bumper dented, ****ING IDIOTS! Sad part, this is the first time I did this, becuase the oil change was free, bastards!
Old 10-01-2006, 06:48 PM
windydog

its probably safe to say that performance nissan is going down the toliet.

new crew and owners = bad service and high prices.

i walked into the dealership and it feel creepy inside there now. To bad that Javier left. He was cool and easy to work with.

The new service director gives me the *******.. He seems to be more intrested in profit than the old customer service.

To me, even the service dept has changed. They are not as easy going as they used to be.

Eventially at this rate, they will be just like the other dealers. To bad.

Lets all remember, if you can't get your car serviced, you might as well sell it.

Quick Reply: what's happening to performance nissan?