Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

what's happening to performance nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 06:49 PM
windydog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its probably safe to say that performance nissan is going down the toliet.

new crew and owners = bad service and high prices.

i walked into the dealership and it feel creepy inside there now. To bad that Javier left. He was cool and easy to work with.

The new service director gives me the *******.. He seems to be more intrested in profit than the old customer service.

To me, even the parts dept has changed. They are not as easy going as they used to be.

Eventially at this rate, they will be just like the other dealers. To bad.

Lets all remember, if you can't get your car serviced, you might as well sell it.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by skirby015
where is a good place to get the z serviced in los angeles or the valley?

Actually there is a very good and trustworthy shop called culver motor clinic, it is in Culver City. I realize that may be a drive for some people, but they have plenty of experience with Nissans, and you can WATCH them work on your car because all their lifts are wide open and face the front of the shop. I think they even have their own website...

They are AAA certified etc. But be careful of their smog check guy, he is a hard *** when it comes to illegal mods...
Old 10-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by windydog

i walked into the dealership and it feel creepy inside there now. To bad that Javier left. He was cool and easy to work with.

The new service director gives me the *******.. He seems to be more intrested in profit than the old customer service.

To me, even the parts dept has changed. They are not as easy going as they used to be.

Lets all remember, if you can't get your car serviced, you might as well sell it.
I've only got my car serviced there once but I recently had some inquires about some products in the parts department, and they were very helpful and informative. Could just be me, but I don't see much of a change. I use to go through Tony and now that he's no longer there I go through Andy, and Andy has done just as good of a job, if not better, as Tony! Just my 2 pennies.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright you guys... you have been heard. I've been watching this thread and we have come up with a plan to try and salvage our service dept. Starting the 17th of this month, we are moving Jason (Jason@Performance) out of parts and into the service dept as a writer. You guys will be given your own parking area to be written up as well. If there is a line of customers, you drive around them and to your own area for Jason to help. It will be marked "mynismo customers only" and be right at the top of the driveway next to our flag pole. Jason will work with you on warranty, oil changes, high performance installs or whatever questions you might have. The idea is he will be able to follow your cars through the day and keep you notified as to what is going on.
We are still working on the fine details, but I honestly feel this will solve MOST of our problems. Jason will be working and taking appointments for Tuesday sthrough Saturdays only. Please keep your feedback coming to me as to what else I can do to make this better for you guys!
I know you haven't seen me much on the boards anymore and I'm sorry about that. I miss you guys! I was moved up the food chain a year or so ago, but I still manage the Parts Dept. Jeff
Old 10-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by Jeff@Performance
Alright you guys... you have been heard. I've been watching this thread and we have come up with a plan to try and salvage our service dept. Starting the 17th of this month, we are moving Jason (Jason@Performance) out of parts and into the service dept as a writer. You guys will be given your own parking area to be written up as well. If there is a line of customers, you drive around them and to your own area for Jason to help. It will be marked "mynismo customers only" and be right at the top of the driveway next to our flag pole. Jason will work with you on warranty, oil changes, high performance installs or whatever questions you might have. The idea is he will be able to follow your cars through the day and keep you notified as to what is going on.
We are still working on the fine details, but I honestly feel this will solve MOST of our problems. Jason will be working and taking appointments for Tuesday sthrough Saturdays only. Please keep your feedback coming to me as to what else I can do to make this better for you guys!
I know you haven't seen me much on the boards anymore and I'm sorry about that. I miss you guys! I was moved up the food chain a year or so ago, but I still manage the Parts Dept. Jeff
Are you freaking serious? How did the new mgmt let this fly?

Our own parking area? LOL that's awesome!

IMO all you need to run a good service department are:

1) Mechanics and service managers who know the cars (350Z)
2) Service managers who listen to the customer's concerns and requests
3) Above all else, HONESTY whether the news be good or bad, just don't bullsh1t anyone

Can you add one thing in there? Can you guys please honor requests to use a TORQUE WRENCH to put the wheels back on the car, I almost broke my back freeing up the impact wrench-tightened lugs on my car, that you guys tightened after my TSB service.

Here's what happened... for the rear axle TSB, you guys worked on the rear of the car only. The front was tightened properly by yours truly. About a week ago I took off all 4 wheels, and GODDAMN!!!! The difference was NIGHT AND DAY. Front, came off with a fair amount of torque, as was expected, no problems. Rears, I seriously almost hurt myself.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 10-05-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Are you freaking serious? How did the new mgmt let this fly?

Our own parking area? LOL that's awesome!

IMO all you need to run a good service department are:

3) Above all else, HONESTY whether the news be good or bad, just don't bullsh1t anyone

Can you add one thing in there? Can you guys please honor requests to use a TORQUE WRENCH to put the wheels back on the car, I almost broke my back freeing up the impact wrench-tightened lugs on my car, that you guys tightened after my TSB service.

Here's what happened... for the rear axle TSB, you guys worked on the rear of the car only. The front was tightened properly by yours truly. About a week ago I took off all 4 wheels, and GODDAMN!!!! The difference was NIGHT AND DAY. Front, came off with a fair amount of torque, as was expected, no problems. Rears, I seriously almost hurt myself.
This is something that was not planned to be made public so soon...

I will be a new service manager working directly with specific mechanics that I know will treat the customer’s cars with the utmost respect as well as have the knowledge of working on the cars... Both aftermarket and factory parts issues and installations... I am also very familiar as most of you know with the common problems of the Z... Also, Jeff and I were some of the main reason's some of these TSB's exist...

That’s all I do

I will also recommend the best thing for your buck as well as longevity of your vehicle...

My goal will be what it has always been... For my customers to be satisfied completely and give everything priority... Whether it is an oil change or a new motor... In the past week I have been getting new labor rates approved for aftermarket installations so we can offer even more service... As well as take care of all of our So Cal customers for their factory warranty concerns as well as maintenance on their aftermarket equipped vehicles...

As things happen more details will be put out... Things will be on an appointment basis as well as walk in... But, as a my350Z customer or any of my customers, they will be treated with the utmost respect and priority...

Like said above by Jeff, this will not be taking place until Mid October... I will then begin taking appointments when I know my set schedual...

I can be emailed now if you would like to plan an appointment for after Oct 17th...

Please EMAIL!

jmendelson@perfnissan.com

I really look forward to working with all of you on this!
Old 10-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

That was a great pitch... I'd hire you
Old 10-05-2006, 04:01 PM
mikeg8r

Jason, congrats. I sent you and email. I hope you can help me out.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Janus

Wow...

Poor Jason =P

Thank you Jeff and Jason for listening.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:17 PM
cvt

OMG....Jeff and Jason save the day. I'd definately put my faith in Jason. And as usual Jeff is looking out for us, just like the 'old' days. This is very exciting.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:27 PM
World Famous Z

jeff, jason... nice to c that u guys were able to get the new people in charge to go with it! im incredibly happy to hear this it is great news for all of us in the z community. makes me wish i could help with this endevour ... sounds like a great plan tho. good luck and lets take advantage of this oppertunity!
Old 10-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Zakira

DAMN Jeff, Jason, that's AWESOME!!! The reason I didn't go to PN much is because of the hassle of waiting and all but if we have our own section and stuffs, that's different.

Man, can't wait to get that GT-R now, (right Jeff? ).
Old 10-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Leslie

Great news guys as I needed to have some things done, and was a little worried if things would be ok.

I'll be giving you a pm or call soon Jason.

PS Hey there Tony! aka Kallusive
Old 10-05-2006, 07:26 PM
chowder

That's freaking awesome..... I'll email Jason to make an appointment asap.... I'm relieved, I was considering driving down to Corner3 in Lake Forest next weekend to get my service done...
Old 10-05-2006, 08:49 PM
n8vz

Kool. Good news. BTW, has management thought about expanding the service area (providing there is enough real estate?)
Old 10-06-2006, 12:02 AM
TayTaythatsme04

Emailed you Jeff. Nice to see someone taking charge . . .

T
Old 10-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Mr Twisted

Over the years, I've had great dealings with Jeff, Jenny and most of the "Guys in the know at Performance. My wife and I own 2 custom "Show Z's" which Performance Nissan services reguarly. I won't say every service was perfect but they always made it right.

Like I've said in the past, I pass by four Nissan dealerships traveling to Performance, just because of Jeff and the gang. I've had a number of services since the new people have taken over and there have been a lot of changes, but I'm positive Jeff and Jason will turn the tide for all us My 350Z owners.

One thing I know for sure is If Jeff ever left PN I'd follow him.

Mr & Mrs Twisted
Old 10-09-2006, 04:02 PM
mikewagon

i will most likely be going there to get my nismo lsd installed. Ill let u guys know how it goes.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:42 PM
davewo

Default Recent visit to Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by windydog

To me, even the service dept has changed. They are not as easy going as they used to be.

Had the 100 point courtesy check at Performance Nissan on 10/7 and the experience was exactly what you described, "creepy." An older caucasion service manager wrote up my service and asked why I passed four dealers to get the service at PN. I told him that PN are use to seeing modified cars and his response was, "we don't do that anymore, we have a new owner." This guy was trying to desuade me from bringing the care there. He also said we don't do the courtesy check on Saturdays despite the fact that I called less that 30 minutes prior to schedule the appointment,and was told just to come in. He never introduced himself and was just frankly disinterested in meeting customers or even looking after the dealers interest.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:54 AM
TayTaythatsme04

Jeff or Jason any updates ?

T

Quick Reply: what's happening to performance nissan?