Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Pop Charger

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:24 PM
simplypanda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pop Charger

I have done my research w/ the search button on the Pop Charger but I had one more question to ask before I purchase one. Is it ok to drive in the rain with the Pop Charger? I know it doesn't rain much here but when it does I still have to drive my Z cause its my only car. My friend installed a CAI on his car and when he drove it in the rain I think water got into his engine but it doesn't work right. He had to take it to a mechanic. Im not sure about the details of the engine failure or w/e but it happened the next day after the rain so I just maybe thought that might be it. I heard that there is a risk of water getting into the engine with aftermarket intakes. Just wanted to know what the current Pop Charger owners know about this subject. Thanks for all the help
Old 01-16-2007, 09:30 PM
FairladyZX

no worrys! pop charger is rain proof
Old 01-16-2007, 09:31 PM
hidehide

You wont have problem with the pop charger in rain.
Only those cold air intake will have problem with rain since those intakes suck air under the bumper if it rains the intakes will suck the rain..
Old 01-16-2007, 09:34 PM
deezz

Originally Posted by hidehide
You wont have problem with the pop charger in rain.
Only those cold air intake will have problem with rain since those intakes suck air under the bumper if it rains the intakes will suck the rain..
that's not totally true. You would have to drive through a small lake for the intake to suck in water into the engine, even with a low hanging intake.

With the Popcharger, and most intakes for that matter, you can drive your car through pouring rain for hours and not have a problem. As long as you don't cross a body of water that can reach the intake filter.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:35 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Most CAI have a water bypass valve to prevent hydro locking your engine. Also, normal rain will not cause any problems. You would have to have the intake submerged in standing water for the possibility of water getting pass the manifold. With that said, the popcharger is safely tucked under the hood. Unless you are crossing a river, I wouldn't worry about the rain.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

popcharger is a Multi-seasonal beauty. rain or shine.. you can take it with you to concerts, to a formal dinner party or even have it with you while taking your SAT or Bar exams.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:42 PM
simplypanda

thats awsome to know thank you very much. I think my friends CAI didn't have a water bypass valve. He paid $80 dollars for it on ebay
Old 01-16-2007, 10:09 PM
SG350Z

how about if you have like a carbon fiber hood with vents in it and alot of rain falls onto the filter through the vents? something i always wondered...

Old 01-17-2007, 07:03 AM
erickim080387

LOL block the vents~
Old 01-17-2007, 10:18 AM
horse110

Shouldnt' block the vents, they're somewhat functional for the engine heat, water shouldn't be a problem if u have vented hood either. Plenty of people on here have vented hoods and I havn't seen anyone complain about water and engine failure.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:28 AM
stiv

[popcharger is a Multi-seasonal beauty. rain or shine.. you can take it with you to concerts, to a formal dinner party or even have it with you while taking your SAT or Bar exams.
Yesterday 10:35 PM]

Also, if you're in a pinch, you can pull over and use the "Venturi" MAF adapter to check your text messages (even in the rain). A bit crude but it gets the job done.

Apple's got nothing on those innovators at JWT.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Cannysage

Originally Posted by stiv
[popcharger is a Multi-seasonal beauty. rain or shine.. you can take it with you to concerts, to a formal dinner party or even have it with you while taking your SAT or Bar exams.
Yesterday 10:35 PM]

Also, if you're in a pinch, you can pull over and use the "Venturi" MAF adapter to check your text messages (even in the rain). A bit crude but it gets the job done.

Apple's got nothing on those innovators at JWT.
LOL, that's awesome!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:24 PM
erickim080387

Originally Posted by horse110
Shouldnt' block the vents, they're somewhat functional for the engine heat, water shouldn't be a problem if u have vented hood either. Plenty of people on here have vented hoods and I havn't seen anyone complain about water and engine failure.
lol sir. i was kidding.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
horse110

yes i can tell....i just want to let sg350z know the vents are not harmful to the engine or people wont make them
Old 01-17-2007, 05:19 PM
simplypanda

INTENSE MOTORSPORTS THE ORDER FOR THE POP CHARGER HAS BEEN PLACED! Please send ASAP +P

Btw I do all the installations myself but just incase does this come with a manual on how to install?? haha i know i know...

Old 01-17-2007, 05:23 PM
simplypanda

BTW how is the sound from the pop charger?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Cannysage

let me tell you... the sound is difficult to articulate in english words... It's like the 9th symphony of Beethoven. It'll lure you into a euphoric trance that'll elevate you to a higher place. very hypnotic and soothing. You can record it and play it back in your IPOD and hit repeat.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:43 PM
simplypanda

o0 that good eh
Old 01-17-2007, 07:56 PM
SG350Z

Originally Posted by horse110
yes i can tell....i just want to let sg350z know the vents are not harmful to the engine or people wont make them
thanks, not that i have a vented hood or anything. i was just curious since the thread was made.

Originally Posted by Cannysage
let me tell you... the sound is difficult to articulate in english words... It's like the 9th symphony of Beethoven. It'll lure you into a euphoric trance that'll elevate you to a higher place. very hypnotic and soothing. You can record it and play it back in your IPOD and hit repeat.
haha thats great. i actually just ordered one earlier this week. should be getting it thursday or friday.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:06 PM
simplypanda

My car is still under 1K miles so I am gonna wait on installing the pop charger even if it comes earlier man I wish my car would go 1K sooner +P. as soon as I get the first free oil change from the dealer and find out what kind of oil I should use I am gonna take that Pop System and install it can't wait. BTW Intense Motorsports seems to have the cheapest prices for this product and some others too.

Quick Reply: Pop Charger