Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

hubby's out of town and i want to go out this weekend!! 4/4

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 12:39 PM
iris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm up for a Run!

Originally posted by StrictlyZ
I think a friend invited me to go on a run on a road called TUNA something? I know it sounds funny but I would be up for a Run on Saterday

Would be nice to explore the hills in so cal WINDY IS GOOD
yeah, we can do a Sat run - would like to meet you Yuichi. I'm sure kaiser and hfm (our fearless leaders) will do it - don't need much more than 4 to have fun.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:14 PM
kaiser23

Default Re: Re: I'm up for a Run!

Originally posted by iris
yeah, we can do a Sat run - would like to meet you Yuichi. I'm sure kaiser and hfm (our fearless leaders) will do it - don't need much more than 4 to have fun.
Sho 'nuff. Friday night stuff sounds good. I'll probably just cruise down there by myself though. Going all the way to downtown is way out of the way for me, I'm right on the coast. I'll just hop on the 405 and take that to the 5.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:04 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
BrewPub

13130 Jamboree Boulevard
Irvine, CA 92602
(714) 665-8595

Time
8:30 - 9 pm.

LA people - Caravan
Is 7:30 pm good to meet or too early (work, traffic, etc.)? I'm trying to think of a central point (somewhere along the 5) so nobody has to drive too far out of their way. Is around Staples Center absurd? There is an Avengers event according to the SC calendar, but who goes to that? I can't think of a fairly obvious meeting point - need help on this one.
I don't know about meeting before BJs. I plan to take 405S - CA-22 - I5. Heading into LA from the 10 - 5 would be worse traffic for me. Plus, it takes a meet window of at least 1/2 to 3/4 hour even if we could find a meet point. Just meet there or do you really want us to hook up somewhere before BJs?
Old 04-03-2003, 02:27 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Irvine?

There's a BJ's right off of the I-5 freeway exit (Olive) in Burbank and one in Woodland Hills near our famous yankee doodles. Wouldn't either of those be closer for the majority?

Also, I'd recommend just hitting up the bar area for seats. Getting a big party table setup means time limitations + not everyone will get there or leave at the same time. It's easier to just eat/drink/hangout in the bar section.

I'm not sure if i'm up for driving 120 miles in traffic to hangout at BJ's ... I may pass and do whatever we're doing on Sat.

Last edited by zxsaint; 04-03-2003 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:59 PM
iris

Originally posted by zxsaint
Irvine?

There's a BJ's right off of the I-5 freeway exit (Olive) in Burbank and one in Woodland Hills near our famous yankee doodles. Wouldn't either of those be closer for the majority?

Also, I'd recommend just hitting up the bar area for seats. Getting a big party table setup means time limitations + not everyone will get there or leave at the same time. It's easier to just eat/drink/hangout in the bar section.
THIS IS SO DAMN HARD TO PLAN!!!! Ok, since zxsaint was cool enough to offer his Sunset Room connexns, I don't want him to not come. Come!!!

I don't know what BJ's is, I've never been. I just want to meet up at a restaurant/bar, kick back/hang out/meet people, then see what's up and let the guyz go prowl.

What do people think about meeting at BJ's in Burbank at 8-9 pm, eating/hanging, then heading out to the Sunset Room? This makes more sense to me than going to OC and then driving all the way back up if we're going to hit some clubs.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:04 PM
hfm

THIS IS SO DAMN HARD TO PLAN!!!! Ok, since zxsaint was cool enough to offer his Sunset Room connexns, I don't want him to not come. Come!!!

I don't know what BJ's is, I've never been. I just want to meet up at a restaurant/bar, kick back/hang out/meet people, then see what's up and let the guyz go prowl.

What do people think about meeting at BJ's in Burbank at 8-9 pm, eating/hanging, then heading out to the Sunset Room? This makes more sense to me than going to OC and then driving all the way back up if we're going to hit some clubs.
Sounds like the plan. Good thinking.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:11 PM
iris

Originally posted by hfm
Sounds like the plan. Good thinking.
ALL RIGHT Y'ALL.

107 South 1st Street
Burbank, CA 91502

Time
8 pm - ??

Then head out to Sunset Room.

Zxsaint, call your friend - we're going. I will even valet it (tho it pains me) since this place sounds so cool.

Last edited by iris; 04-03-2003 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:17 PM
MastaKillaZ

*sigh* someone just call me once the plans have been finalized... hfm or iris???
Old 04-03-2003, 03:34 PM
hfm

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
*sigh* someone just call me once the plans have been finalized... hfm or iris???
Masta, I left you a message.

Say Saint, can you find out if your bud at the Sunset Room will allow us to self-park our cars? I don't mind paying the valet but I'd prefer to park her myself. Oh yeah, and can you tell us the discounted cover price? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:14 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Ok looks good.

I got us set up on the list for sunset room, entry will be:

$10 for guys and ladies will be comped (free)

He told me to track him down and he'll give us VIP section stamps as well.

We can get our own vip table, but thats $600 (or $600 on our tab) -- but I don't think we'll be drinking that hardcore

He can't really do anything about the valet since its run by the building owner, but he said he'll talk to them tomorrow night before we arrive. Normally its $20 per car to self-park in the front. I'm sure we can work something out with the valet guys.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:40 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

I need a estimated headcount for tomorrow night.

Location is 1430 N. Cahuenga Blvd, Hollywood

I setup a poll, please RSVP so I can give them a number for "the list."

Headcount

Last edited by zxsaint; 04-03-2003 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:54 PM
kaiser23

What kind of place is the sunset room? Never been there? Sounds pretty much like a club. I'm more into the bar scene than the club scene, since I don't dance, but I might go. We'll see.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:00 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by kaiser23
What kind of place is the sunset room? Never been there? Sounds pretty much like a club. I'm more into the bar scene than the club scene, since I don't dance, but I might go. We'll see.
It's 70% bar, and 20% club. Dancing is just in one of the rooms. The rest is lounging/patio areas.

Oh, forgot to mention! I'm pretty sure also there is a dress code. It's an upscale place so no tennis shoes, jeans, shorts, hats, or t-shirts. Anything else should work fine. Dress to impress.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Butterfly20

OHMIGOD I've missed so much!!!!

I can't wait, it's gonna be soooo much fun. I'll meet up after 9 cuz that's what time I get off work. I was busy all day and couldn't check anything till now. I'd rather go chill at BJ's as long as it's a good size one with plenty of parking. BJ's is a fun place to chill and I'm definitely not gonna want to go clubbing after work. But whatever you guys choose is cool. Iris, I'll Pm you with my # later tonight . I gotta run otherwise I would do it right now. See ya guys Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:41 PM
bobowah

I'm up for a run on Saturday....

I gotta swing into the office at 11am-12pm.

Then I'm free.

Otherwise I can meet for an early morning deal...

I would like to do lunch or something and then run in the Canyons over near Malibu.

I'm in the SouthBay so let's figure it out since you got Friday nite figured out.

Last edited by bobowah; 04-03-2003 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:46 PM
ICYBLUE1203

I could only make it Friday since I work all night long and get out till like 12 so no point in going that day. So what are the plans for Saturday evening/night? I'm confused with all the change of plans and everything. Can Iris or Butterfly give us an update? Thanks.

Im in the south bay area also.

Last edited by ICYBLUE1203; 04-03-2003 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:34 AM
grayfox

Originally posted by BullishZ
You are not joining us!??!
I will make it someday - but not tonight =P

I don't have any cute girlfriends I can bring with me either. =P
Old 04-04-2003, 11:29 AM
kaiser23

BTW, I'll probably show up more like 8:30-ish. I get out of work at 7, and traffic could be a *****, but I'll try to get there as soon as possible. Also don't think I'll be going to the club after, but maybe. I'll dress accordingly in case I do decide to go. I need some more club clothes.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:10 PM
kaiser23

So what's the plan? Do we have reservations at this place or anything? Are we all just gonna meet outside, and then go in, and hope they have seating for us all? I'll be leaving at about 7:30, which would put me there by 8:00, but you know LA traffic. I'll probably be there before 8:30 though (hopefully)

-Sean
Old 04-04-2003, 05:20 PM
iris

Let's meet inside at the bar area. Then we can figure it out. Dczoner said he was going to get there early and get his drink on, I think. No res's.

Quick Reply: hubby's out of town and i want to go out this weekend!! 4/4