Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

hubby's out of town and i want to go out this weekend!! 4/4

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 05:40 PM
importriders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by kaiser23
I'm down. Whatever you guys decide. I know some places on the west side that are cool, but I dunno if you guys wanna do the west side thing. Q's on Wilshire in west LA, and Renae's on Wilshire in Santa Monica are cool for less crazy places. Q's has pool (but very overpriced pool on weekends. like $16 an hour) For me it mostly depends on which night butterfly is gonna go and bring all her girl friends.
Yeah Q's is cool but small and probably the most expensive pool I've ever played. I use to live pretty close to that place.

Hey Masta, I don't know if we discussed this before...maybe, don't remember. Anyways, yeah, I got family in WC that live off of Grand near Mt.Sac. And I got some family that live off of Nogales near where Robocar used to be. I'm up in West Co allot.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:04 PM
MastaKillaZ

If carding is a problem, then k-town is the answer...

hfm, twinkie you say??? well, it's not so much that, just didn't grow up w/ my dad so never learned korean. but if "cho yogi yo, mekju juseyo" is all that needs to be said then I'm fine... it's when they start asking me all the other shizz in hangook mal that makes my head spin. remember, I'm only a quarter korean... the rest is chinese, japanese and filipino!!! anyone speak chinese? or "hway bu hway jiang guo yi"?

and Q's is cool, except for that time when the car came crashing through the front... think I'll pass.

highlands has a long line... and I hate lines... but I'll be a sheep and follow whatever everyone else wants to do. the W in Westwood is supposed to be cool, standard downtown is aight, patio at sky bar is chill... hows bout the well, deep, the lounge, lava lounge, ivar, three of clubs??? ah, so many places to drink, so little time.

importriders... Mt. Sac huh? that's where I took driver's ed way back in the last century. what high school did you go to???
Old 04-02-2003, 06:28 PM
importriders

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ

importriders... Mt. Sac huh? that's where I took driver's ed way back in the last century. what high school did you go to???
Actually, I grew up here in Daygo, allot of my aunts/uncles/cousins are in West Co.

Anyways, Masta you a mutt man. I'm one to talk though, I'm filipino/chinese.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:59 PM
MastaKillaZ

Actually, I grew up here in Daygo
ah-so...

Masta you a mutt man. I'm one to talk though, I'm filipino/chinese.
is that right? you flip too? hmmm, my pinoy side is mostly from Manila, Quezon City and parts of Davao... ever been? Nice place to visit, but...

so seriously, where we going???
Old 04-02-2003, 07:21 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by hfm
LOL. Poor boy is more of a Twinkie than I am and I'm pretty much Hostess. I can get us by on the Korean since I used to do the Ktown scene in college but I bet Bullish can do better since he's still doing that scene.
Lucky for you guys! I am fluent.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:15 PM
MastaKillaZ

Lucky for you guys! I am fluent.
we'll be making good use of your communication skills if we venture to k-town. i.e. "hey eric, can you tell her that dan likes her *****???" OR "hey eric, how do you say 'sorry, my friend dan only likes small furry animals" in korean?" (just kidding dan... a little humor amongst officers of the court)

but if we goto highlands or some other place, then lucky for all of us, I think we're fluent too.

so seriously, where we going??? screw it, her husband's gone, I say party at Iris's house... that'll teach him to leave his wife alone in LA while he's at a bachelor party...

iris, you have homeowner's insurance, right? what was your address again?
Old 04-02-2003, 09:27 PM
ICYBLUE1203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seriously cannot wait to go out. I got dibs on Butterfly and her friends! JK
Old 04-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Butterfly20

O.K. I work fri. & Sat. and I don't get off till 9. No big deal, I can always meet up. Since we've got some younguns, lines will be long for our big group(I'm assuming), and not evryone can pay cover charge(or wants to), I say we chill at a restaurant.
There's Dave and Busters, tu tu tango, BJ's, hooter's, comedy clubs, etc. We can always do all of the above at the block at orange, Irvine spectrum, or universal city walk. That way we can drink, talk, eat, and it won't cost anything to get in(except comedy club) and the people that are under 21 can also enjoy.

Another thing, having a run and then going to a club is not gonna be that practical (for the chicks at least), being dressed up for a couple of hours before going out isn't too much fun.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:04 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
we'll be making good use of your communication skills if we venture to k-town. i.e. "hey eric, can you tell her that dan likes her *****???" OR "hey eric, how do you say 'sorry, my friend dan only likes small furry animals" in korean?" (just kidding dan... a little humor amongst officers of the court)
Heh, 1/4 Korean or not, it appears you know how to order a beer. And, what I said was I like tight *****...cats. You just botched the translation.

Damn, this thread is so toast.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:15 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by Butterfly20
O.K. I work fri. & Sat. and I don't get off till 9. No big deal, I can always meet up. Since we've got some younguns, lines will be long for our big group(I'm assuming), and not evryone can pay cover charge(or wants to), I say we chill at a restaurant.
There's Dave and Busters, tu tu tango, BJ's, hooter's, comedy clubs, etc. We can always do all of the above at the block at orange, Irvine spectrum, or universal city walk. That way we can drink, talk, eat, and it won't cost anything to get in(except comedy club) and the people that are under 21 can also enjoy.

Another thing, having a run and then going to a club is not gonna be that practical (for the chicks at least), being dressed up for a couple of hours before going out isn't too much fun.
Yes... I think we should do the BAR/CAFE scene instead of a clubbing thing. To me, clubbing is more of a "let's get some guys together and go get lucky with girls" kinda thing... Not really a good social event for us, cause it's so loud, etc. If it was a smaller group, it's more plausible.

By the way Butterfly, D&B is 21 and over...!
Old 04-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Butterfly20

Originally posted by BullishZ
Yes... I think we should do the BAR/CAFE scene instead of a clubbing thing. To me, clubbing is more of a "let's get some guys together and go get lucky with girls" kinda thing... Not really a good social event for us, cause it's so loud, etc. If it was a smaller group, it's more plausible.

By the way Butterfly, D&B is 21 and over...!
D&B is 18 and over after a certain time, the only thing is you have to be with someone who is 25 or older, but if you get there before 8 or 9 then once you're in they wont question I'm sure.

Im thinkin BJ's cuz it's laid back and it's not crowded to the point where we can't get a table together for all of us.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:46 PM
neovan

This sounds like so much. I would love to go but I'm such a n00b here. I'll get acquainted before I start going out on meets. I just had an online meet at the other forum that I frequent.

BTW...I just got my CS Enthusiast on 3/20 and still have less than 500 miles on it. So if you see one going on the 10E/W or 101N with CSUN plates then give me a honk
Old 04-02-2003, 10:54 PM
jabroney12

Hey I live right off of grand, in fact I live up there in Snow creek right by Sac. Neways, i'll probably be down to hit the clubs with you guys too. I suggest maybe a K club like Nobles, Lounge, or Saga, we can all get a table and drink till we pass out. Uh Nm, unless we got our significant other there to drive our *** back, a light buzz will do.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Mr B

Ack, someone decide. Friday's tomorrow and I need to move plans around if we're gonna meet up. Standard... I forgot about that. It's a very chill place and the views are pretty awesome. Only thing is it might be a little cold (it's outdoors on a building in downtown) and the music is whack. BUT, if we have underage peeps going, it's alright since the last times I've gone there, they had no one carding or anything. Basically just a place to chill out and drink.
What do you say Iris? I'm antsy about this already.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:05 AM
MastaKillaZ

Damn, this thread is so toast.

yes... yes... it is...

god I love this forum...

on a serious note though, designated drivers may be a good idea for some of us cause I would hate myself if something happened to anyone... sorry to put a downer on things, I just want to be sure that we ALL get to make it to the next meet too. if everyone else wants to drink, I don't mind being taxi driver if someone has a car that I can fit more than one additional person in at a time.

Last edited by MastaKillaZ; 04-03-2003 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:39 AM
importriders

Well looks like we got some split decisions going on here. I suggest that those that want to go clubbing do it on Friday night, since that is usually the best day for clubbin, plus I can't make friday and don't really want to go clubbin. Those that want to chill and socialize can do it on Saturday. And since we might have some young peeps we can do it early, like Butterfly suggested, maybe early dinner then hang out somewhere. I'm down with chillin and hanging out more than clubbing. Can't really carry a conversation in a club.

And like Bullish said, clubbin is like "let's get some guys together and go get lucky with girls" kinda thing... " kinda hard to do if my fiance is in tow.

Last edited by importriders; 04-03-2003 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:51 AM
BullishZ

OK, so we can't decide whether we're chillin or clubbing...

Iris, since this is YOUR thing... (even if you say it isn't, we've named this the "Iris Hubby Out Meet") you should just tell us what YOU want to do...

Friday is tomorrow. We need to know by TONIGHT!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:10 AM
importriders

Yup, Bullish is right. Its your thang iris. You should do what you want to do. Don't stress about pleasing everyone. If people want to go they'll go and if they don't they wont.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:17 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

i can be a designated driver as long as they dont live far or they are on the way back to riverside
the coupe got 4 seats so theres 2 open if needed
Old 04-03-2003, 09:21 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

As said before its going to be difficult to have a run on Friday, with people getting off work so late. Plus doing a canyon run or whatever at night makes it more dangerous for obvious reasons.

So far we know we have many ideas, and we don't mind driving. Clubbing is probably not a good idea. A good resturant/bar like BJ's probably works best.

So lets get together the following:

1. Central meeting spot (8pm)
2. Plan A
3. Plan B
4. Plan C

Quick Reply: hubby's out of town and i want to go out this weekend!! 4/4