Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

An observation: Why I deal with Performance Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation An observation: Why I deal with Performance Nissan

On Monday I was running around getting errands done for my friend in the West Covina area. I recalled that I needed a few miscellaneous OEM parts and wanted to go to Performance Nissan, but my friend convinced me to just swing by Superior Nissan since we were only a few exits away. Instinctively I had a bad feeling in knowing that I would probably get frustrated because the few times I have gone there, they are definitely not as customer service oriented nor are they very familiar with common parts that Z33 owners typically pick up. With doubt in my mind I headed over to Superior...

As I waited in line I could already see that their level of customer service and attitude is much poorer than what i'm used to. There was a customer in front of one of the workers and while the customer was talking to him he was not really paying attention and flat out told the customer after the customer spent a few minutes explaining what he was looking for (In a smart Aleck tone), "Oh, I thought we were just talking. Sorry I have been placing these orders on my computer. I need your VIN # to help you with that." If he had been listening the whole time, he could have just actually helped the customer rather than using that lame excuse of needing the VIN # just to get rid of the customer. If I was that customer I would have been pissed because he wasted a few minutes explaining his situation and the guy straight up disrespected him.

Of course the other worker was busy so I had to deal with this person as well. As I walk up he sits there for a few seconds and then goes, “I have to place these orders so you are going to have to wait for 10 minutes.” LOL. Once he is finally done I ask him to look up some exhaust hangers and the air intake duct piece that attaches to the front cross member. It takes him forever to find the part, but once he does he prints out an 07 printout that shows an engine with two intakes. I asked him if he was sure that the part he was about to give me is correct and identical to the 03-06 models and he just replies, “I think so, it should be the same.” Being skeptical, I call Justin over at Performance Nissan and had the part number via telephone within literally a few seconds. Of course it does not match what Superior Nissan attempted to sell me.

I’m not even going to go on about the exhaust hanger ordeal, but needless to say I walked out of there extremely frustrated and felt as if I was treated like some sort of uninformed child because they tried to sell me an incorrect part due to laziness. To top it off they took forever too. I’m never going back there again and have learned my lesson.

Performance Nissan FTMFW

Last edited by Rickdogg; 02-21-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that sucks. Glad to hear everything worked out with Justin though. Thanks for the props!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:20 AM
SnoDog

Damn, lesson learned I guess. I just hate going to dealerships at all. Good seeing you at Autocrave Rick.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in my experiance any place with the word "superior" has not turned out good in anyway
Old 02-21-2007, 10:34 AM
FairladyZX

i get goose bumps when i go to that dealership in industry
Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 AM
josephchihweilu

yea they suck ***. they tried to overcharge me for an enthusiast model. im gonna check out west covina nissan next time for service
Old 02-21-2007, 11:27 AM
horse110

Yup, im a local and went there for my 03 recall, I waited 15 mins for a guy to get off the phone and talk to me then took them more than 30 mins to finally accept my car in, I literally felt asleep on their chair waiting...

Superior Nissan FTMFL
Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
EM-EFER

Soo... what your saying is, they discriminate against asians.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

no cool son... i hate that crap
Old 02-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Roger V

I have had the same problems with Performance Nissan. Doesn't seem like any dealership is overly nice when you are trying to find something that isn't super easy to look up in the computer.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Mike@JTuned

Originally Posted by Roger V
I have had the same problems with Performance Nissan. Doesn't seem like any dealership is overly nice when you are trying to find something that isn't super easy to look up in the computer.
Did you mean Superior Nissan? Because that's who people have had problems with. Not Performance Nissan as you stated.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:27 PM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

I wish i lived in so. cal so i could go to performance nissan.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Vertex350

Superior raised their internet price I was promised way back in '05. They suck.

Needless to say, I ended up going to Performance Nissan for a more honest experience.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
yahookendogg

superior nissan is the worst in customer service. i ordered a part that was ready to be picked up, drove an hr to there and they said it would arrive next week. and they really talk to you like they dont really care.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Roger V

Originally Posted by Mike@JTuned
Did you mean Superior Nissan? Because that's who people have had problems with. Not Performance Nissan as you stated.
No, my post stands as written. maybe it was the person I dealt with. I don't think it was one of the persons on this forum. Haven't had a single problem when they were around to help me out. Just one particular visit. Otherwise, performance gets my thumbs up.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Justin@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by kwiker
I wish i lived in so. cal so i could go to performance nissan.
You can always buy online. For OEM parts we have a dedicated site with illustrations: www.performancenissanfactoryparts.com

Old 02-21-2007, 02:21 PM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

^^^^Oh i do, but i wish i had a dealership out here that was as active on the forum as you guys that i could bring my mildly modded car and not get all kinds of crap about warranty, and also have some parts guys that know what they are doing. I tried to order a shifter socket and they got me a boot, then a dust cover...then i tried to order some splash tray bolts, and clips showed up. Anywho, i usually have to do the research to find the part number and then go to them b/c they don't want me behind the counter looking at the computer screen i guess. They are always really nice though.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:59 PM
kaoskrayola

I go to superior nissan in mission hills, they always treated me fine.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Pooplet

I liked my experience with Performance Nissan, other then the time they transfered me 5 times when I asked if they had pop chargers in stock...
Old 02-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I go to R Nissan in MD they rock! Tom is the man. (I AM EAST COAST *****ES)

Quick Reply: An observation: Why I deal with Performance Nissan