Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

An observation: Why I deal with Performance Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
hieu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by led
I've had issues with Performance. I called about the rear axle clicking TSB and I was told that it would cost around $160 just to check it out. I told them that there is a TSB about it so they should already know what I was talking about and that it should be covered under the drivetrain warranty. No luck, they told me that it would still cost $160 just to check it out.

I called back a few days later regarding the rear clicking noise and this time the guy knew what I was talking about. He said that he would have someone call me back so that I can take care of it. Still haven't received the call.

Another time, I called and asked if they had something in stock. I was transferred, and they told me that it was in stock. Next day, I send my girlfriend over there and I call just to make sure that they give her what I was looking for. I was told over the phone that it wasn't in stock. So, she gets there and calls me, and I tell her to pick up a plenum spacer instead. While she was paying for it, she asked about the item that I initially wanted and they tell her that it is in stock. Frustrating!

I know people say good things about performance so I would still pick Performance over most any other dealership. For now though, I am going to let West Covina Nissan deal with the Z because I have yet to have a bad experience with West Covina.
I am with you on West Covina... they just took all the stress and concerns away when I brought it in
Old 02-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Cannysage

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
you think that's bad?

santa monica nissan thought the Z33 clutch line does not contain fluid / is not a hydraulic clutch

and you have to make a reservation to schedule service, even for something as small as an oil change, and even if you bring your car 1st thing in the morning, it doesn't matter
santa monica nissan can pickup a spoon and eat my asz. when I was shopping for the z, they clearly told me that I won't be getting a penny off of their msrp price for the 05 zs.

as for performance nissan.. they're still good in my book.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:44 PM
hieu

Originally Posted by Tim@Performance
FRENZEE I apologize for the issue you had with out service. Please contact me to let me know if there is anything I can do, if not and you still don't want to return at least let me know what happened so we can correct it.
Hey Tim, I took my car in due to oil burning. Had the noise coming from the engine because it was bone dry. You were about to send me home with no oil in my car and telling me to take it back another day! Excuse was no mechanics on site and you were closing. After bugging you you said best you can do is get a guy to top it for me. When the mechanic came out he suggested for me to do an oil change since they still had 2 hours before closing!

After the 700 miles I brought it in to check. I took it in you complained that I am taking it in too late again..... how long does it take to check oil levels?

Needless to say. My car was half way through the tests. But I took it somewhere else to have it taken cared of. Dont even want to stress about you guys dropping in a whole engine.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannysage
santa monica nissan can pickup a spoon and eat my asz. when I was shopping for the z, they clearly told me that I won't be getting a penny off of their msrp price for the 05 zs.

as for performance nissan.. they're still good in my book.

That's funny, I just used my costco card at santa monica nissan and bought mine for $500 over invoice
Old 02-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

by the way, glad to see Tim learned how to use the forums finally!

I don't know if you remember me Tim, but you helped fixed my axle clicking / TSB ... thanks !
Old 02-23-2007, 05:29 PM
michaeljr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...............if performance nissan was a chick

she'd be pregant by now.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Post pics of performance Nissan pls....... This place has to be the ****!! Damn, chicks getting banged up in the restrooms..... FTW!!!

I have ordered numerous parts from them....... Good ****ing Service!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:17 PM
carfi179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
On Monday I was running around getting errands done for my friend in the West Covina area. I recalled that I needed a few miscellaneous OEM parts and wanted to go to Performance Nissan, but my friend convinced me to just swing by Superior Nissan since we were only a few exits away. Instinctively I had a bad feeling in knowing that I would probably get frustrated because the few times I have gone there, they are definitely not as customer service oriented nor are they very familiar with common parts that Z33 owners typically pick up. With doubt in my mind I headed over to Superior...

As I waited in line I could already see that their level of customer service and attitude is much poorer than what i'm used to. There was a customer in front of one of the workers and while the customer was talking to him he was not really paying attention and flat out told the customer after the customer spent a few minutes explaining what he was looking for (In a smart Aleck tone), "Oh, I thought we were just talking. Sorry I have been placing these orders on my computer. I need your VIN # to help you with that." If he had been listening the whole time, he could have just actually helped the customer rather than using that lame excuse of needing the VIN # just to get rid of the customer. If I was that customer I would have been pissed because he wasted a few minutes explaining his situation and the guy straight up disrespected him.

Of course the other worker was busy so I had to deal with this person as well. As I walk up he sits there for a few seconds and then goes, “I have to place these orders so you are going to have to wait for 10 minutes.” LOL. Once he is finally done I ask him to look up some exhaust hangers and the air intake duct piece that attaches to the front cross member. It takes him forever to find the part, but once he does he prints out an 07 printout that shows an engine with two intakes. I asked him if he was sure that the part he was about to give me is correct and identical to the 03-06 models and he just replies, “I think so, it should be the same.” Being skeptical, I call Justin over at Performance Nissan and had the part number via telephone within literally a few seconds. Of course it does not match what Superior Nissan attempted to sell me.

I’m not even going to go on about the exhaust hanger ordeal, but needless to say I walked out of there extremely frustrated and felt as if I was treated like some sort of uninformed child because they tried to sell me an incorrect part due to laziness. To top it off they took forever too. I’m never going back there again and have learned my lesson.

Performance Nissan FTMFW
+1,000,000 I tried going there to get oil change and the guy totally ingored me for 10min while looking at his computer, I went directly to sales dept. and ask for the GM to make a complaint and the GM told me "I'm glad you came and look for me because we have been having a problem with customer service in the service dept." and he gave me a free synthetic oil change