Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Are the cops in your area @$@%@% ??!! what city ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hmmm...

My daily driver is modified and can be pretty loud depending on how she's driven (full throttle) but I've only been pulled over a couple times for "loud exhaust" and/or "modified exhaust tip". But no tickets (thankfully) and the exhaust has been the same on the car since 1998.

The OC list:
Irvine - Cops have a bad rep for giving modified cars a hard time.
Orange, Tustin, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda - No problems unless your driving stupid.
Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, Aliso Viejo - gotten a lot of dirty looks but since I was driving safely and I have a clean record, I get left alone.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Skateboard_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm shocked no one has mentioned Ontario yet. I live in Ontario and before I owned my Z I used to get raped for everything. I got pulled over three times in one day. Car too low, tinted windows, modified exhaust, no front plate, and others. Ontario PD don't let anything pass by. I'm lowering my Z this week and that will be my first mod to it. I will update when I get pulled over for the first time. ahhaha, other than that suprisingly the cops havent even looked at me in my Z though, perhaps because its stock.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:28 PM
gimpster621

im sure yall saw my thread but glendale pd strikes again
https://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/254069-omfg-i-got-pulled-over-again.html
Old 03-06-2007, 02:10 PM
josephchihweilu

alot of you maybe just have bad luck? kinda weird...i usually drive around in pomona, pasadena area where there are supposed to be lots of cops but ive never gotten pulled over for anything. i have a pretty loud exhaust, no front plate, tint all around, and my front bumper is like 2 inches off the ground
Old 03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
IzYou

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I think certain mods give it away. My exhaust is pretty loud, just as loud as another exhaust with TP's but all the cops do is stare. In my opinion, if you have tints, loud stereo then they will most likely pull you over. The front license plate you can get away with for a little while until they feel like writing you up.

Rule of thumb; go slow, drive smart, and you'll end up fine.
+1 I had no problem with the front liscense plate thing until I had tint done, but I knew the chances I was taking attracting the cops even more. It's worth it so far. For the most part I think I've come up with a good system for staying away from a tint ticket.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
9. Dozzer1b-Torrance-all i can say is pulled over 4 times in 1 day!!!!!!!!
They didn't ask you to pop your hood?!?!?!? Torrance are mod ****'s!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:47 PM
hieu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IzYou
+1 I had no problem with the front liscense plate thing until I had tint done, but I knew the chances I was taking attracting the cops even more. It's worth it so far. For the most part I think I've come up with a good system for staying away from a tint ticket.
Whats your system?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:29 PM
IzYou

Default technique

It depends on how comfortable you are with the city your driving in. From this thread you can pretty much have an idea of which cities you have to take extra pre-caution in.

Basically one of the main reason you get pulled over is for suspicion, whether or not your a gangster if you look like one your chances of being pulled over is higher (just an example). Cops are basically just trying to protect their cities and neighborhoods for the most part. My point is I just try as much as I can to ease the cops concerns. With in regards to tint my theory about why they pull you over is because they cannot see inside your interior and who/what you are doing in there illegal or not.

Here is what I do:

1. For the most part I keep my windows down whenever possible driving in city streets where I'm not comfortable in. In freeways its not very practical to have the windows down and is pretty much safe to roll up and the only way your going to get pulled over is if you do something incredibly stupid/illegal.

2. When driving at night if I have my windows up I leave my double din navi and 7inch screen in the cubby illuminated in "day" mode. In cases where it is early morning driving as in going home at 2-4 a.m. in the morning I leave either one of the interior lights on. I do this because it makes it harder to tell if the tint is really there or not or if its worth for the cop to hassle you over.

The most important thing I believe is that you have to be a smart driver. Knowing that you can get pulled over at anytime by the police is your best bet in not getting pulled over. I think if your a safe driver it shouldn't be and wouldn't be too hard to stay away from close encounters with the gestapo police even if you don't have a front liscense plate/ with tint/ etc... I believe these are mostly used by cops as a way to justify their actions in pulling you over when they really had an alternative motive.

If you do get pulled over. Turn the ignition off . Interior lights on. Have papers on hand. and both hands on the steering wheel. I swear by this method and is plain to see why it would be beneficial for you to do so.