Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

My Z got jacked!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007 | 10:13 PM
marques1

maybe its getting overhauled by chip foose and your car is getting pimped out ok probably not man that sucks yeah never heard of a z getting stolen.
Old 02-27-2007 | 10:24 PM
modzs

Originally Posted by VicPham
Not if you have a insider in on it too. Its very possible.
Bro, we can play the "What if" game all day. You said nothing of having an inside man. If that's the case, what if the OP works for Nissan, and can view all transactions pertaining to Z's in north america.
Old 02-27-2007 | 11:33 PM
MIDENGINE3SGTE

sorry for your loss. my car just got trashed so I feel ya
Old 02-28-2007 | 02:45 AM
QuickAG

Alright...sorry for the late reply. I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Well the night it got jacked, it was raining hard here in L.A. I guess I'd do it in the rain at night too if I was them. My car was parked in the street (on rare occassion in front of my gf's apt). When I went out to my car it was gone. No broken glass, no nothing. I thought I had engine kill. WTF!
So I immediately made a police report. They said they would know if local tow lots had it. Besides, I had no reason for it to be towed. Once they input the car in the system, they activate the LOJACK!
If they get a hit, they pinpoint the location by signal triangulation.
Lojack has a recovery rate of 90% Sometimes they recover the cars within hours, others longer.
Sometimes the bastard jackers hide the cars in subterranean garages to weaken the signal.
Even if they try to drive it to Mexico, the whole San Diego region is covered with signal receivers.
I have somewhat more of a peace of mind with the tracking system, but it's not 100% reliable.
I hope those lowlifes don't take nothing more than my cell phone holder, but I can picture it already stripped.
So word of advice to everyone...save your receipts for all your aftermarket toys and inform your insurance company. Lojack is also a good idea. For only a few hundred bucks, you'll be saving thousands more if (God forbid) your ride gets jacked. Also, when you get the option to extend the Lojack guarantee to 5 years, DO IT!

Last edited by QuickAG; 02-28-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 02-28-2007 | 03:06 AM
QuickAG

Oh one more thing...my license plate is 5DQK951. I know it's a long shot...but it's worth a try. Here's another angle of my ride, showing the license plate. There's a TEIN badge on the right side of the hatch. Plate frame is blue now and says "Johns Hopkins University Alumni"

At least I had my nitrous, suspension, and body kit off at the time...

Wouldn't it be great if Lojack led us to the jackers' home? What fun it would be to put their mothers and girfriends on cinder blocks and strip em in front of the jackers' eyes. Just a thought... Yeah you can say I'm pissed.

My only question is...HOW THE HELL THEY DID IT!? I have all keys...master, valet and spares. Can't be for a joy ride in the rain. Then it's in a chop shop. I guess these questions will go unanswered.
Had to be a flat bed. It was a real clean job.
Anyone know of any weak spots in the Z33?
If this happens to you, just know it's not your fault and you didn't do anything to deserve it, unless you leave the keys in the ignition with the door open in the middle of east l.a.
I'm gonna try to get some sleep. Late...
Attached Thumbnails My Z got jacked!!!!!!!!!!!-my350z2.jpg  

Last edited by QuickAG; 02-28-2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old 02-28-2007 | 03:15 AM
MiniRide

Im sorry to hear..
Old 02-28-2007 | 03:39 AM
minispider

Originally Posted by modzs
how bout you report it stolen to the police, and not my350z.com
I think he did....read his first post...the part where his waiting " for a phone call from the cops"
Old 02-28-2007 | 04:01 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Good luck, hope it comes back in one piece
Old 02-28-2007 | 04:35 AM
kpiskin

Hate to say it, but the car is probably worth more parted out. Your car most likely was driven straight to a garage, never to see the light of day again and taken apart. I hope that's not the case but most likely is.
Old 02-28-2007 | 05:01 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Damn.. sorry for your Z .... I hope the police catch the bastards.
Old 02-28-2007 | 05:35 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by marques1
maybe its getting overhauled by chip foose and your car is getting pimped out ok probably not man that sucks yeah never heard of a z getting stolen.

you've just been Overhauled!!
Old 02-28-2007 | 05:37 AM
gothchick

Very sorry to hear about your loss... We should all take heed and not take anything for granted. :-(

Edit: I use a 'Club' on my stearing wheel when I park outside... Just to slow 'em down, and keep the honest people honest. But that would do nothing to prevent a flatbed jack...
Old 02-28-2007 | 05:54 AM
GalvatronType_R

I'm sorry your Z got ganked but no offense, someone did an interview with ex car thieves and they said that they are attracted to cars that are flashy and mentioned body stickers specifically. If you do recover the car, you may want to consider getting those stickers taken off, at the very least.
Old 02-28-2007 | 05:59 AM
DIGItonium

Your car doesn't seem to have much on it, so I guess they wanted to strip it for parts. I'd hate to hear one person needing a particular part, and hires a group to steal someone's car just for the parts. My dad's car almost got hit because he knew the guy who bought a used Z32 and needed some parts. At the pool hall, he went around asking people if they knew of a Z of a particular color and wheels. Dad said "Oh, that's my car."

Really tragic about your lost. It's tough to enjoy your life's possessions when there's someone lurking around to take it away.
Old 02-28-2007 | 06:06 AM
SargentZ

Sounds like some pros. Under the cover of Rain(noise) had it flat bedded out of there. It trips me out the ballz some people have. Hard to beleive nobody saw anything. Apratments are the worst. Stay away if you can, especially if you park there all the time like clockwork, theives know you'll be there on the weekend night porkin the GF and have all the time in the world to plan and execute. I had a similar experience but got all my stereo stuff jacked in front of the GFs apartment. I hate apartment complexes!
Old 02-28-2007 | 06:20 AM
tlox

That sucks man. I'm really sorry to hear that happened. I hope the insurance company is cool about it all. On a side note, what makes the Z so hard to steal?
Old 02-28-2007 | 06:39 AM
2005fair

Almost all recent model cars utilize RFID keys making them damn near impossible to "hot-wire" though some have easy workarounds(if i remeber correctly you could start any of old model civics by using a skeleton key and specific sequence of on/offs, hence it was one of the most stolen cars for 10 years) . Far as i know the Z has none of the dealer backdoors so most of the time you hear of a Z being stolen its been flatbeded. Its sickenly easy. No one questions a a tow truck crew cause for all the acerage person knows the car is being repo'd or parked illegaly, they probably have some good excuses to tell the cops if they get caught witha car on their flatbed. Cop friend told me of a story where he pulled a guy in a Z for drunk driving on the highway, arrested him and took him in (the Z was left on the side of the highway). By the time he had finished processing the driver the Z had been flatbeded. They found it 2 days later with nothing but paint in DC.

Bad news is when you flatbed a car your not gonna be taking it for a joy ride. Your gonna strip it. One thing to watch for is if they find your stripped car the insurance will auction the frame after declarnig it totaled. What then happens is the chop-shop garage that stole it buys the frame legaly from the auction, then rebuilds the car with its original parts. Now they have a prefectly "legal" car to sell for full price with valid VIN and all. This was a big problem few years ago so hopefully they have some safegaurds in place to prevent this.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...key&topic_set=

Here is a great wired article about RFID keys and the current state of car theft.

Last edited by 2005fair; 02-28-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-28-2007 | 06:47 AM
modzs

Gone in 60 seconds.
Old 02-28-2007 | 06:57 AM
modzs

Originally Posted by 2005fair
Almost all recent model cars utilize RFID keys making them damn near impossible to "hot-wire" though some have easy workarounds(if i remeber correctly you could start any of old model civics by using a skeleton key and specific sequence of on/offs, hence it was one of the most stolen cars for 10 years) . Far as i know the Z has none of the dealer backdoors so most of the time you hear of a Z being stolen its been flatbeded. Its sickenly easy. No one questions a a tow truck crew cause for all the acerage person knows the car is being repo'd or parked illegaly, they probably have some good excuses to tell the cops if they get caught witha car on their flatbed. Cop friend told me of a story where he pulled a guy in a Z for drunk driving on the highway, arrested him and took him in (the Z was left on the side of the highway). By the time he had finished processing the driver the Z had been flatbeded. They found it 2 days later with nothing but paint in DC.

Bad news is when you flatbed a car your not gonna be taking it for a joy ride. Your gonna strip it. One thing to watch for is if they find your stripped car the insurance will auction the frame after declarnig it totaled. What then happens is the chop-shop garage that stole it buys the frame legaly from the auction, then rebuilds the car with its original parts. Now they have a prefectly "legal" car to sell for full price with valid VIN and all. This was a big problem few years ago so hopefully they have some safegaurds in place to prevent this.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...key&topic_set=

Here is a great wired article about RFID keys and the current state of car theft.
Toyota Camry's have been the most stolen/broken into cars for the past 10 years.
Old 02-28-2007 | 07:15 AM
ZBigDog

Tragic, she was a beatiful ride, great look with the rims. Makes me nervous, I park at an apartment and just had my stealbox installed *Crosses fingers*

Quick Reply: My Z got jacked!!!!!!!!!!!