Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

High Desert Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 05:01 AM
orangeflash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umm... i hear that the guy who paints wrecked vehicles for Valley-Hi Nissan (victorville) does a good job paint matching. Just call up the Service department and ask them about who does their paint work. I have already talked to them about my front bumper but i dont have the cash to get it done.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 PM
GHOST1207

^^ Was thinking about calling the dealership, how much did the shop quote you for paint?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:47 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend got his done at Mako and it looked pretty good. The guy who hit you, his insurance should pay for it so go to Seven Apple and have Makito do it for you. I heard is work is good and pretty dead on when it comes to color matching......especially since your car is silver.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 PM
GHOST1207

^^ The guy who hit me said he didn't want to get insurance involved, on the day it happened, guessing he has really bad driving record, so he said whatever I'll do, he'll write me a check. I agreed bc he lives near me and his kids and my bros are friends. But lately he's been calling telling me he knows ppl that can do a good job and for cheap, which I doubt they will. Then he tells me he's a unemployed yesterday, i was like wtf, why you tell me now. So what to do right now. Idk why he said he'll do that and then not have money to do so. Think I'm just get insurance involved.

Last edited by GHOST1207; 11-19-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:23 PM
finalforce

You know about two years ago I played the nice guy role like you with an incident that happened in front of my work. A girl was backing up while I was pulling in to park. I had the right of way, but somehow she was being careless and decided not to use here rear view mirrors and backed into my DD Integra. She cried and promised she'd get someone to fix it for me and she'll pay. I agreed but just in case, since my work was right next door I made a copy of her insurance and her drivers license. I followed up with her the next day and she seemed like she didn't care and put no effort on findng a body shop. A few days later I called and left messages, but got no return calls or cooperation so I was left with no choice but to file a claim. An insurance adjuster came by my place and cut me a check for nearly $1k and all that was done was bumper markings that I can buff out. I left the car dirty on purpose to make it look worse than it really was

In the end, it comes back to the person whose fault it is. To make the story short, you still have a chance to resolve this. Politely approach him to make a copy of his insurance, call your insurance company, file a claim, and they will send out an insurance adjuster to estimate the damages. After that you'll get a nice check in about a week that will do more than enough for you.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:26 AM
g35cali

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
^^ The guy who hit me said he didn't want to get insurance involved, on the day it happened, guessing he has really bad driving record, so he said whatever I'll do, he'll write me a check. I agreed bc he lives near me and his kids and my bros are friends. But lately he's been calling telling me he knows ppl that can do a good job and for cheap, which I doubt they will. Then he tells me he's a unemployed yesterday, i was like wtf, why you tell me now. So what to do right now. Idk why he said he'll do that and then not have money to do so. Think I'm just get insurance involved.
yeah you got to cover your azz man... go thru your insurance
Old 11-20-2008, 07:56 PM
GHOST1207

I called him a couple hours ago and got all his info, he cooperated with everything. Will be calling to file the claim tomorrow! Thanks for the help FinalForce, things were starting to look a little grim, but now its going the way it should've from the beginning. Hopefully this settles down fast and stress free now, can't stand looking at my Z in the condition it's in.

Last edited by GHOST1207; 11-20-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:51 AM
orangeflash

^^^ nice... im glad to see this worked out for you Ghost.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:13 PM
finalforce

Hey guys, I'm planning on going to Super Autobacs tomorrow afternoon. Jtuned is sponsoring some toy drive and I heard it's gonna be swarming with dope *** cars. I'm planning on going, if you guys plan to go hit me up w/a text.....most of you guys have my number
Old 11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
GHOST1207

^^ Damn, it's always either work or family that get in the way of meets. Well yu guysbhave fun, and bring back pics like always!
Old 11-23-2008, 03:05 AM
orangeflash

Thnx for the invite man, I probably shouldn't go though...lol
Old 11-23-2008, 03:11 AM
GHOST1207

^^ Dude what are you doing up so early? LOL
Old 11-23-2008, 09:01 AM
finalforce

Dayum, you guys couldn't sleep huh? I played some basketball down the hill with my in-laws and the family yesterday evening. It's been so long since I hit the court and my wife had to spend a few moments last night stepping on my back to straighten it back out lol... Boy that felt good

On my way home last night, right before approaching my exit, a silver or white G35 coupe almost took a nose dive on our family car (Altima SE). I was driving around 80mph and this guy must have been going around 100+. I looked at my rear view mirror and they were approaching me really fast! He got so close to my tale that I couldn't see his headlights anymore. At a split second, I quickly switched lanes to avoid collision.....thankfully I didn't lose control. If we were to engage at that speed, there is no doubt my car would have flipped. I was soooo pissed, I knew I couldn't catch him so I slammed my horn when he passed and high beamed his efn' ***. My wife was asleep on the passenger side and all I could think of was what would happen to her if we got into an accident. I wanted to tear this fu#&ers head off his neck.....seriously, no pity .
Old 11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
GHOST1207

^^ Nah, just another nightshift haha. That sucks, reckless and unattentive people driving like that deserve to be kicked in the nads. I know how you feel, a month ago some guy in a dark blue truck wasn't paying attention while driving, (head turned to talk to his passenger)and he didn't see that the traffic was stopped in front of him. He had no time nor distance to slam the brakes and come to a stop, so he quickly jerked the wheel into my lane, I also jerked the Z to the left to avoid him slamming into my passenger side door. So pissed off for about a week. >:O Nothing like HD drivers huh? Glad to see you and your family are ok and safe.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:09 AM
finalforce

Here's some photo's yesterday fella's..... of course, there were more cars, but I got there late and some cars were leaving as the sun limited my shots.

Last edited by finalforce; 02-28-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 PM
finalforce

Hey guys, how about a small meet this Sunday......6pm? I haven't driven my car since our last meet Some of you who showed up a few weeks ago, same place and similar agenda.

Where: Smart & Final parking lot off of bear valley road
When: Sunday, Nov. 30th
Time: 6pm-10pm???

Let's meet up, take a few pix or whatnot, cruise down maybe to Apple Valley for dinner. This is open to suggestions, but the basic layout is posted above for all that are interested to go. See you guys this Sunday
Old 11-26-2008, 12:14 AM
GHOST1207

^^^ Nothing planned on Sunday and just filled up the Z, so I'm all good to go!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:44 PM
g35cali

i get off from work at 7 and im right up the street from smart and final ill cruise by
Old 11-28-2008, 05:12 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
^^^ Nothing planned on Sunday and just filled up the Z, so I'm all good to go!

Originally Posted by g35cali
i get off from work at 7 and im right up the street from smart and final ill cruise by
Cool, we got so far:

1. finalforce
2. GHOST1207
3. g35cali

.....also a few of my friends not on this forum. Anyone else? Regardless how many, we always have good conversations, nice drives, good food, and overall a good crowd
Old 11-28-2008, 07:27 PM
g35cali

koo mike... do the cops ever trip on you guys when you meet up in parking lots?? cops up here can b dicks

Quick Reply: High Desert Anyone?