Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

High Desert Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:03 AM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow May meet

New life back up in the HD? Its been a while since our last "strong" my350z meet. This month's meet details are below. It will be an exclusive "Nissan/Infiniti/Datsun" so we won't be seeing the usual big crowd. Its a little better that way, we can actually chat with each other rather than having different circles/groups and having to jump from one circle to another.....we'll just have one group for the night. It's fun when there's a lot, but this will be a more chill night for us

DETAILS (in case you can't see the banner on your pc)
When: May 24th (Sunday)
Time: 6:30pm
Where: Smart and Final parking lot (off Bear Valley Rd.)
* Dinner afterwards

1. finalforce

Last edited by finalforce; 05-04-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:17 PM
10sec_CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm down haven't made it to a meet in a while!

1. finalforce
2. 10Sec_CRX
Old 05-08-2009, 09:37 AM
orangeflash

I finally have Internet!!! Yayaaa!!!

1. finalforce
2. 10Sec_CRX
3. OrangeFlash
Old 05-08-2009, 09:39 AM
orangeflash

if any of you guys are interested in my wheels let me know... I think I will let them go for 1,000.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:10 PM
finalforce

Selling your wheels again? Finally......Internet!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:57 AM
orangeflash

^^ Actually I am going to sell my car too! If any of you guys are interested or know of anyone who is looking for a Z.

Im gonna let it go for 12,000 or 13,000 with the black wheels.
Its got I think 93,000 miles. it's a 2003 6-speed touring.

Last edited by orangeflash; 05-09-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:01 PM
10sec_CRX

WTF selling the Z? You still going to be a part of the Z family? Or just part of the HD family?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:08 AM
orangeflash

Not sure whats going to happen. I have my heart set on a Lotus Elise if I can set things up right. If not the lotus I think im gonna go for a 350 Z Roadster or a Porsche Boxster. Most likely the Z though.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:16 PM
finalforce

Boooo, stick with a Z
Old 05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
GHOST1207

What's going on guys? Man, sad to see your Z is up for sale, I'll ask around since a couple of my buddies have been looking for one in Le Mans Sunset. Talk about bad luck this weekend, I just got two speeding tickets, looks like my luck of flying under the radar finally ran out. The first one is bs imo, I was driving back from Victorville going 85 entering the Tanger Outlets straightaway. There was a white Lexus way in front of me that flew past a parked CHP at 90-95, I saw him pulling out so I slowed down and passed him at 75. I changed to the farthest right lane to exit and get gas in Lenwood, and next thing I knew, he had his lights on and pulled me over! Wtf? When he came up to the car, he said he clocked me at 87, wtf? How can he clock me when he's already busy pulling out of the shoulder lane? I just said ok bc I didnt want to get into an argument. After getting my information, he came back and handed me the ticket and said he made a visual of me going 85. I'm guessing he clocked the Lexus and pulled me over instead, so that one im going to fight. Second one was coming down from Crestline, after the turns and on the straight roads I was doing 72, my dumbass forgot the speed limit was 55 around there, so that one i'm gonna pay the fine and go to traffic school. Anyone have any advice to give? These are my first speeding tickets and not to mention my first few time of getting pulled over. Btw about the meet, i can prolly leave base and be a little late to it, so count me in for it.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:16 AM
finalforce

Man that sux. I've been pulled over a number of times in Cali, but I've only gotten a ticket once for speeding. I paid over $400 for it + traffic school. Boy did I learn my lesson. Now you guys understand why I'm so hasty when it comes to behavior at our meets. When I drive my Z, I'm always keeping my speed reasonable. Of course, there's always that heartbeat of speed that I squeeze in here and there, but always be aware of your surroundings.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:17 AM
finalforce

.....oh, BTW:

1. finalforce
2. 10Sec_CRX
3. OrangeFlash
4. GHOST1207
Old 05-11-2009, 05:12 AM
SoarVigor

Tentative here.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
finalforce

A couple buddies of mine will be there as well. You all know them
Old 05-12-2009, 03:09 PM
orangeflash

having no luck with this car search, think i may just keep the z and pay it off.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:13 PM
finalforce

Jon you are still young man. Try to keep the bills low right now, you have plenty of time to get that Elise. By that time, they will have a model 10x better than the ones right now.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:15 PM
10sec_CRX

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
What's going on guys? Man, sad to see your Z is up for sale, I'll ask around since a couple of my buddies have been looking for one in Le Mans Sunset. Talk about bad luck this weekend, I just got two speeding tickets, looks like my luck of flying under the radar finally ran out. The first one is bs imo, I was driving back from Victorville going 85 entering the Tanger Outlets straightaway. There was a white Lexus way in front of me that flew past a parked CHP at 90-95, I saw him pulling out so I slowed down and passed him at 75. I changed to the farthest right lane to exit and get gas in Lenwood, and next thing I knew, he had his lights on and pulled me over! Wtf? When he came up to the car, he said he clocked me at 87, wtf? How can he clock me when he's already busy pulling out of the shoulder lane? I just said ok bc I didnt want to get into an argument. After getting my information, he came back and handed me the ticket and said he made a visual of me going 85. I'm guessing he clocked the Lexus and pulled me over instead, so that one im going to fight. Second one was coming down from Crestline, after the turns and on the straight roads I was doing 72, my dumbass forgot the speed limit was 55 around there, so that one i'm gonna pay the fine and go to traffic school. Anyone have any advice to give? These are my first speeding tickets and not to mention my first few time of getting pulled over. Btw about the meet, i can prolly leave base and be a little late to it, so count me in for it.

That sucks bro! I just had to take the tint off my front windows. Damn Cops are desperate for revenue...

As far as fighting the ticket.. Good luck with that.. Just remember all you have to do is make doubt in the judges mind... maybe the cop won't show up and if that happens you win..Also always go in your class A uniform.. It worked for me. The judge thanked me for serving the country and threw the case out. It might not be worth fighting, because you prob. won't win AND might need to go to court like 3-4 times. Which means you have to take off work for each court date.

If you do decide to fight it , you can't ask to see the radar gun calibration because it wasn't used in your case so that's out. He might say his is trained to determine the speed of a car by watching how fast they are traveling. If he says anything like that, ask if he can demonstrate that training by dropping a pen/pencil then ask him how fast it was traveling while it was falling. The judge may or may-not allow it but hell its worth a try. Just go in thinking your going to loose, so you won't be nervous and that way you will sound confident. Before you even see a judge you MAY have a DA that might want to talk to you. They will talk to you and tell you BLAH BLAH BLAH and try to get/scare you into just paying the fine. Stick to your guns. Remember you have nothing to loose. Hope I helped even if it was just a little bit.. Again Good luck.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 PM
orangeflash

Originally Posted by finalforce
Jon you are still young man. Try to keep the bills low right now, you have plenty of time to get that Elise. By that time, they will have a model 10x better than the ones right now.
True, I need to just focus on some schooling for now. By the time I'm ready the Elise will be the next Civic like the Z's are now ... They will probably be in the high teens. I hate how cheap our cars are getting.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:29 PM
GHOST1207

Originally Posted by 10sec_CRX
That sucks bro! I just had to take the tint off my front windows. Damn Cops are desperate for revenue...

As far as fighting the ticket.. Good luck with that.. Just remember all you have to do is make doubt in the judges mind... maybe the cop won't show up and if that happens you win..Also always go in your class A uniform.. It worked for me. The judge thanked me for serving the country and threw the case out. It might not be worth fighting, because you prob. won't win AND might need to go to court like 3-4 times. Which means you have to take off work for each court date.

If you do decide to fight it , you can't ask to see the radar gun calibration because it wasn't used in your case so that's out. He might say his is trained to determine the speed of a car by watching how fast they are traveling. If he says anything like that, ask if he can demonstrate that training by dropping a pen/pencil then ask him how fast it was traveling while it was falling. The judge may or may-not allow it but hell its worth a try. Just go in thinking your going to loose, so you won't be nervous and that way you will sound confident. Before you even see a judge you MAY have a DA that might want to talk to you. They will talk to you and tell you BLAH BLAH BLAH and try to get/scare you into just paying the fine. Stick to your guns. Remember you have nothing to loose. Hope I helped even if it was just a little bit.. Again Good luck.
Hey what's up man? You going to the meet? Thanks for all the advice, I'm still debating whether or not to fight that first ticket bc it might be easier just to pay the fine, but I can't help but feel I got shafted on it. Btw I wish I could use the military uniform trick, but I only work on base with a contractor, lol. But thanks again for the heads up.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:03 PM
finalforce

Hey guys, I'm finally done with my car! You guys will see some bling at the meet Be prepared to also "hear" me rolling in, lol.

Quick Reply: High Desert Anyone?