Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

My Baby Got ABUSED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007 | 11:57 PM
nICE d(C)reams

Default My Baby Got ABUSED!

Another one bites the @#$%^...Long story short, I was making a left turn (9pm on Tampa and Devonshire) and the car was raped by a truck. He was driving without a license or proof of insurance. Told me he would call me tonight with his insurance information and no call. Leads me to believe he has no insurance. A couple of officers stopped by and turned out one of them was an enthusiast. Talked to him about his '68 Camaro with upgraded gears, rear susp., etc. Cant complain or dwell though since there are so many in this world that face far worse. A car can be replaced. Now the pics. WARNING: THE FOLLOWING PICTURES CONTAIN OBSCENE 350Z ABUSE - NOT SUITABLE FOR ALL AUDIENCES - VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
Attached Thumbnails My Baby Got ABUSED!-accident-a.jpg   My Baby Got ABUSED!-accident-b.jpg  
Old 03-31-2007 | 12:35 AM
JKim0901

ouch
Old 03-31-2007 | 01:13 AM
9kFever

you really expected him to just call?
Old 03-31-2007 | 01:23 AM
michaeljr6

ouchhhhh
Old 03-31-2007 | 03:04 AM
Mellowman

you didn't get his licence plate number? Better safe than sorry....
Old 03-31-2007 | 06:42 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697
Premier Member

wtf...why did you let him go? Sorry man but that's gotta be either the most ridiciulously gullable thing you could do or it's just dumb. And with an accident that big you should have had the officers made a report anyway.
Old 03-31-2007 | 07:36 AM
lbz

Ouch. I bet he made the report for insurance purpose but yeah, for future ref, write down license plate and drivers lic number, name address, all that. I keep my digital camera in the car. Fits perfect in one of the pockets of the seat back organizer.
Old 03-31-2007 | 08:18 AM
ecorona6

I am sorry to see that your Z is in so much pain. At least you werent hurt. Hope everything turns out in your favor.
Old 03-31-2007 | 10:58 AM
nICE d(C)reams

Thanks eCorona.

I did get all of his information (name, license plate, phone number, etc). Cop told me that they only take reports if someone is injured or there was damage to city property. There was not much I could do and trust me, I tried to get his insurance information (Cop even told him to call someone at home to bring the paper). The Cop I was talking to about his car was cool enough to run his information and it showed that when he paid for his registration, he showed the DMV proof of insurance (I hear that there are many that just buy insurance to get their car registered and then cancel the policy). Tried arguing that he was driving without a license but cops can only impound the car if they pull the driver over themselves. He had his California ID card and I guess the number on the ID card is the same as his License so got his number that way.
Old 03-31-2007 | 11:32 AM
GodSendsDeath

well either way what happend you 350z got smacked around like 25 hooker. Sorry hope you work everything out.
Old 03-31-2007 | 11:38 AM
350Zrida

damn, that sux..hope you get it fixed soon
Old 03-31-2007 | 12:28 PM
OC350Z

A similar accident happen to a friend of mine, but the lady that hit him had a driver license and insurance but didnt want to claim it thru her insurance, she would rather pay out of pocket on the cost of the damage. She was really nice and corporative at first until he sent her the estimated quote. NEVER heard from her again. So he got fed up and call his insurance to make a claim and all was well but it took about 3 month to have his car repair...

And this guy does not have a drivers license or insurance. So good luck to u.
Old 03-31-2007 | 12:30 PM
Fluid1

What race/ethnicity was the dude?
Old 03-31-2007 | 12:40 PM
nICE d(C)reams

Not sure if he has insurance or not. Keeps giving me the run around saying that he pays his financing company an extra fee for insurance (he bought this car more than a year ago). As for the license, apparently he has one since the number on his California ID is the same as his License number. Its a good thing my insurance has "non-insured" accident coverage. Damn i hope it doesnt take 3 months to fix.
Old 03-31-2007 | 12:41 PM
nICE d(C)reams

Hispanic...Last name is Solis
Old 03-31-2007 | 01:15 PM
OC350Z

Fixing/Repairing the car didnt take 3 months,

Here's my friends timeline:

First month - He was getting recommendations on a good body shop. That took about a week or two, I think about 3 shops total. Then he narrowed it down to 2 shops, called her and gave her the estimates. The cost was around 4-6 grand. She said she needed a couple weeks to get the money.
(During the first month he kept in touch with her constantly.)

Second month - He waited and waited then started to lose contact with her.
Left her several messages no response. So he gave her the benefit of doubt and she never pulled through. So about mid-point of the second month he decided to call his insurance company to claim the accident.(Good thing he had the police report.)

Third Month - Car is finally in the body shop being worked on, which took about 2 1/2 weeks to complete.

So if he would have gone thru the insurance in the fist place he would have saved himself the headache and had his car back probably less then a month but instead it took 3.
Old 03-31-2007 | 01:34 PM
Flee0588

Sorry to hear. You shouldn't have let the guy go honestly. Since my dad and my brother are both insurance agents, I know a thing or two. Never EVER let anyone leave the scene of the accident without getting his information (license, plates, insurance, address, phone). In the ideal world, all major accidents should involve the police coming to the scene of the accident and filing a report.

Hope you get her back soon.

P.s. Fluid1, the guy's race should have nothing to do this situation.
Old 03-31-2007 | 03:55 PM
nICE d(C)reams

Nothing I could really do to keep him there. The cops took down our information for us and gave us each a piece of paper with all the other persons info. I couldnt do anything about the insurance. I've documented everything I've done so far in trying to get his insurance info and the only thing I can do is give everything to the adjuster and file my report with the DMV.

Getting the feeling that there is no way the guy could not have seen me since I made the left at the same time as the car in front of him made a right. He had plenty of time to stop and Im starting to think that this was deliberate.
Old 03-31-2007 | 04:13 PM
arodbrs

Unhappy

sorry to hear about your abuse and pain, been there already.............where in 818 area r u?

im in the 818 and i havent seen u around..........
Old 03-31-2007 | 04:56 PM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3
Premier Member

oh geez.. that sucks. U shud try to get a hold of him and your insurance company..

Quick Reply: My Baby Got ABUSED!