Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Anyone go to UCR?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:32 PM
t1m1t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone go to UCR?

Hey, I've been searching around and noticed a lot of people going to various UC's but never saw anyone speak about UCR. Does anyone here (besides me) go to UCR? I've seen a couple Zs around campus and at the UV. Shoot bak
Old 04-12-2007, 11:41 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work down the street from their
Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Tayzzer22

I used to go to UCR back in the day.. didn't have the Z back then.. You live in A&I or Romper Room?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:08 AM
xStriderx

Originally Posted by Tayzzer22
I used to go to UCR back in the day.. didn't have the Z back then.. You live in A&I or Romper Room?
hey you lived in A&I what year did you grad???
Old 04-13-2007, 11:04 AM
mlam002

edit

Last edited by mlam002; 06-16-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
surewin

I graduated from UCR in 99' Bus. Admin. I didn't live in A&I, i was west loathian back in the day.

Do they still have the dirty 30 science class?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Tayzzer22

Originally Posted by xStriderx
hey you lived in A&I what year did you grad???
Yeah, I lived in A&I.. I graduated in 97.. You?

Dirty 30 science class! I wanted to take it, but didn't get a chance to before leaving.. Had a few friends take it though! hahaha..

I started pre-med (doing the UCLA bridge thing. ) then switched over to biochem..
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Graduated in 03, East Lothian in '99 ! Yea baby!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:44 PM
kPaNdA350

anyone go to ucsb with a z? planning on attending fall 2007
Old 04-13-2007, 02:29 PM
t1m1t

haha. yeh im a 3rd year there. i dormed at pentland (made in 02 i believe) dorms and then second and this year live off campus.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 PM
creationv2

im a first year

i thought i was the only redline...then i saw a faculty memeber with one...then some random 03-05 one in the lot...and that made me sad
Old 04-15-2007, 02:49 PM
t1m1t

Originally Posted by creationv2
im a first year

i thought i was the only redline...then i saw a faculty memeber with one...then some random 03-05 one in the lot...and that made me sad
i think i know which redline you're talking about. i use to see one parked behind the stats building all the time. i usually park my car over at humanities or lot 30
Old 04-15-2007, 02:58 PM
BrantZ

Unhappy

I went to UCR from 98 - 01 and hated every minute of it. A&I was the biggest hell hole I have ever had a chance to live in. No internet, No cable, No local phone calls. Couldn't even eat there on the weekends. Horrible air quality. Every breath you take you inhale god knows how much smog. If you leave the campus in more than 100 yards in any directions you end up in the ghetto. The school is completely racially segregated. The floor above me in A&I was an all African American hall. I couldn't believe how a school could get away with it. I kid you not. It saddened me to see stuff like that still going on in this day and age, not to mention the racially divided Fraternities and Sororities. Maybe it's like that at every UC? I don't know. It really is too bad when race has to dictate how you social life is played out in college.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 PM
t1m1t

Originally Posted by BrantZ
I went to UCR from 98 - 01 and hated every minute of it. A&I was the biggest hell hole I have ever had a chance to live in. No internet, No cable, No local phone calls. Couldn't even eat there on the weekends. Horrible air quality. Every breath you take you inhale god knows how much smog. If you leave the campus in more than 100 yards in any directions you end up in the ghetto. The school is completely racially segregated. The floor above me in A&I was an all African American hall. I couldn't believe how a school could get away with it. I kid you not. It saddened me to see stuff like that still going on in this day and age, not to mention the racially divided Fraternities and Sororities. Maybe it's like that at every UC? I don't know. It really is too bad when race has to dictate how you social life is played out in college.

when i was dorming, it seems as though things have changed. in my hall (only 4 rooms in each hall at pentland) it was a mix of all races. from what i heard about a&i and lothian, both were mixed too. now i hear that they have coed dorms going around over at the dorms. you're rite about the 100 yrds into the ghetto. just the other day, i was driving to my friends house and on the side of the street i saw a guy just sleeping on the road. a cop came and took him away but still....
Old 04-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Tayzzer22

Originally Posted by BrantZ
I thought I heard that Riverside was getting better with respect to the ghetto? I thought they were really fixing up University Ave.. They had just finished the movie theater the year before I left.

As for segregation? There's stuff like that at all the colleges. Its not segregation by the school.. its the kids choosing to live there. There was also an athletic hall.. The bio hall, etc. All the halls that I lived in at A&I had a full mix of ethnicities.. as for fraternities.. I've always heard of an African American Frat and Sorority.. Its not anything new.. I just find it funny that if someone tried to start an all-white frat, people would be up in arms! haha..
Old 04-17-2007, 08:38 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

im at UCR, grew up in riverside, im always parked in lot 30. i think im the only Z with any visible mods?

is that red staff Z all ****ed up on one side, i see that all the time in handicap parking.

i dont pass any ghetto on the way to campus, you guys need to live south of campus. im a couple miles south and theres million dollar homes
Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
im at UCR, grew up in riverside, im always parked in lot 30. i think im the only Z with any visible mods?

is that red staff Z all ****ed up on one side, i see that all the time in handicap parking.

i dont pass any ghetto on the way to campus, you guys need to live south of campus. im a couple miles south and theres million dollar homes
aww you still go to UCR? not in a bad way aww...but i dont see your Z at all anymore, i figured you graduated or something. and no that messed up red z is another one i guess because apaprently the other red z im talking baout lives around my area (since i ran into the z and drove to school with it...never met the person though)....*sigh* more red Zs are popping out everywhere
Old 04-17-2007, 03:33 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

nah i transferred in this year, might have seen me beforehand just from driving around. one of my best friends lives off of rustin and other friends live near campus.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
nah i transferred in this year, might have seen me beforehand just from driving around. one of my best friends lives off of rustin and other friends live near campus.

ah i see...do you still have the kstyle kit? and did you get your front end fixed? last i saw your Z i think you got in an accident drifting or soemtthing....