Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Looking to do a color change, recommend paint shops in 909/951/626?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:02 PM
UHATEIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
Are you sure you want to change the color rather than buying a new car in the correct color. It usually doesn't make sense to paint a car a stock color for the following reasons:

1) The paint is never going to be as clean as the original paint no matter where you go.
2) It is going to be a pain in the *** if you want to get the full on paint job that the car comes with from the factory -- think about door jambs, engine bay, trunk (both the underside of the lid and the boot), behind the lights, etc. And getting all of that done involves a lot of labor, like taking out the engine, taking **** apart. That labor is expensive and do you really want the body shop fooling around with this ****?
3) It's just going to look like a regular Z in a different color. And, for whatever reason, you liked the color of the one you bought. What's to keep you from changing your mind in a week? How do you know that you'll like black or red better?

Its just usually too much of a headache unless you're going to get a crazy custom color like, say, ballet-slipper pink with olive green stripes outlined in white and olive green powder coated Volks with a white lip-- which would totally rock.

Also Maaco is garbage. I got my Celica Macco'd when I was a kid. The paint was peeling within a week. I went back and yelled and they repainted the parts that were peeling. A week later it started peeling again.

I just got my 350Z 2-toned at Earl Scheib after I got into an accident about a month ago...

They molded my entire bodykit (bumper, skirtys, rear lip) and fixed all my body cracks and damage from the accident.

Did a great job on it I think. They didn.t have a 350z color match so its 2005 Dodge Viper GTS blue which is brighter and more metallic than the Daytona Blue color. Top half is gunmetal smoke gray.

Color sanding, clearcoat, molding, fixing the damage, and 2 tone while paint the door sills cost me $650
Old 05-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Korki Buchek

That's an exception, not the rule.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by DVFlyer
It'd be a shame if your Z got totaled and the insurance company had no choice but to buy you a new one.... in the color you want.
Are you suggesting Jewish Lightning?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
I just got my 350Z 2-toned at Earl Scheib after I got into an accident about a month ago...

They molded my entire bodykit (bumper, skirtys, rear lip) and fixed all my body cracks and damage from the accident.

Did a great job on it I think. They didn.t have a 350z color match so its 2005 Dodge Viper GTS blue which is brighter and more metallic than the Daytona Blue color. Top half is gunmetal smoke gray.

Color sanding, clearcoat, molding, fixing the damage, and 2 tone while paint the door sills cost me $650

$650? Did you give out blow jobs too? unless you have some kind of insane hook up. The paint alone is more than that.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:17 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Originally Posted by Fluid1
$650? Did you give out blow jobs too? unless you have some kind of insane hook up. The paint alone is more than that.
No offense to the OP's choice, but Earl Scheib is not known for being a high priced paint shop, so that price may very well be accurate.

Remember the slogan, " I'll paint any car any time for $99.95" (or something like that).
Old 05-08-2007, 03:29 PM
UHATEIT

I think I'm done with this thread, good luck on whatever you choose to do. Pay what you want.