Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

anyone stationed at camp pendleton? I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Sean_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation anyone stationed at camp pendleton? I need help!

in possible need of a fellow Z owner (or friend of) stationed at camp pendleton that could assist w/ info on locating a vehicle. LOOONG story involving ex-girlfriend and it's reached a boiling point. vehicle is supposedly on the base and I'm trying to arrange for trucking company to get it on Saturday to get it back to me in detroit (that's already gonna break me). I'm going to try calling Oceanside Police as well but was hoping to find some inside help for advice. Ex's friend lives on base supposedly w/ husband who is Staff Sergeant or close to that (been over a year since that was mentioned to me). I know her name and her husbands first name (different last name). They've left on vacation and the ex is claiming it's locked in his work hanger and I'm going to have to wait till May 5th to get it. Car is completely in MY name and I'm having a hell of a time with this. ANY help is appreciated!!! I can provide a cell number if somebody wants to call me for details.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean_350z
in possible need of a fellow Z owner (or friend of) stationed at camp pendleton that could assist w/ info on locating a vehicle. LOOONG story involving ex-girlfriend and it's reached a boiling point. vehicle is supposedly on the base and I'm trying to arrange for trucking company to get it on Saturday to get it back to me in detroit (that's already gonna break me). I'm going to try calling Oceanside Police as well but was hoping to find some inside help for advice. Ex's friend lives on base supposedly w/ husband who is Staff Sergeant or close to that (been over a year since that was mentioned to me). I know her name and her husbands first name (different last name). They've left on vacation and the ex is claiming it's locked in his work hanger and I'm going to have to wait till May 5th to get it. Car is completely in MY name and I'm having a hell of a time with this. ANY help is appreciated!!! I can provide a cell number if somebody wants to call me for details.
I can't imagine a privately owned vehicle spending any real time in a mil hanger, that is a major No-no. And locked in? it's a BS line.
You should contact the millitary police there, have them take a report and contact the girl...they can ask the friends name and I bet she won't want to get her friend in trouble.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Sean_350z

I kind of wondered how hard/easy it was to get or leave a vehicle on base. The ex originally told me her friend was shuffling it from parking lot to parking lot so it wouldn't get towed (she tells me brakes are too bad to drive it back). She said they were doing that because they couldn't get it on base. Then, when I'm trying to schedule the pickup she emails saying they got it on base because they were going on vacation.

I called Oceanside Police and, while very polite, couldn't do much for me other than check if it had been impounded. They kindly gave me the MP # so that's my next call.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Sean_350z

I should mention that I've got nothing against the Marine or his wife. they're just doing what the ex asked of them. I just want to get this car back!

I called the MP and they weren't able to help much. Turns out it's fairly easy to get a car on base if they have a copy of insurance and registration. They gave me numbers to Civil Processing and Base Legal but they're gone for the night. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:24 PM
MR_X

Find out where this SSGT works at (what command/unit). Call the command/unit (get a number from the internet) and talk to his Gunnery Sgt or better yet his Commanding Officer/ Officer In Charge. If he is just messing around and you have proof that the car is in your name, he can get in a word of crap. i would help you out but I'm pretty far from there.

Last edited by MR_X; 04-25-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:32 PM
gimpster621

Originally Posted by MR_X
Find out where this SSGT works at (what command/unit). Call the command/unit (get a number from the internet) and talk to his Gunnery Sgt or better yet his Commanding Officer/ Officer In Charge. If he is just messing around and you have proof that the car is in your name, he can get in a word of crap. i would help you out but I'm pretty far from there.
+1
Old 04-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the OP may not have the name
Old 04-25-2007, 04:35 PM
MR_X

Originally Posted by sean1967
the OP may not have the name
I though about that but he needs to get it some way or another.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Sean_350z

PM back at ya Mr. X. thanks!

Correct.......I don't have the Marine's last name. I know his first name and his wife's full name. Hoping Base Legal can help me tomorrow. I don't want to see him get any $hit for this if possible. If the car really is on base he's just doing this for his/his wife's friend. I need to get this car back ASAP tho. She's already let the maintenance go (brakes and O2 sensor sound like they're shot) and it's supposedly been keyed while in CA already.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:50 PM
MR_X

Legal might be a little pita but you need to be pushy. Worst case call the base CO and send all the proof you can. They will be able to narrow it down. Trust me, you are getting your car back one way or the other.

If you really want to be an @$$ hole, sue them for the damages.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
1ADAM Z

Call military police. On base there called PMO. Tell them your situation becuase if it's in a hanger, he's with the wing unit. That area on base is called 22 Area. And PMO is stationed there too. Call 411 and get the base phone numberthen contact PMO. Good luck bro.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
1ADAM Z

I'm stationed there and any other questions jsut PM me.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Sean_350z

thanks for the adice guys! PM coming your way Adam.

I talked to the Military Police and they tried to be helpful but couldn't give me much. Hoping base legal or the civil processing will help.

CO? Chief Officer? I've got the registration and insurance but I can't PROVE it's on base. Just my ex telling me so.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:11 PM
MR_X

CO= commanding officer.

If not report the car stolen to the local pd.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Sean_350z

Thanks X!

both my local PD and Oceanside said I can't report it stolen because I let her drive back w/ it. Even though I don't know where it is other than what she's telling me. Both have said I have a good civil case but that's gonna cost e even more $$ unless I do small claims once I get it back. Frustrating as hell!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
chuquison

just curious what kinda of car is it that you have left it for about one year? i hope its not your z?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Fingers

Originally Posted by MR_X
+1 Call the post CO or XO and tell them that you are about to file a stolen vehicle report and you don't want the marine getting in trouble. Who cares what the oceanside police say you file stolen vehicle with any dept your car will come up stolen no matter who runs the plate or vin. You need to look into getting her charged with unauthorized use of a moveable( not sure what its called in Cali)Just because you let her take it doesn't mean she can use it for ever, its your car and you can demand to have it back at anytime, you just got stuck talking to some lazy cops that all.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:01 PM
MR_X

Originally Posted by Fingers
+1 Call the post CO or XO and tell them that you are about to file a stolen vehicle report and you don't want the marine getting in trouble. Who cares what the oceanside police say you file stolen vehicle with any dept your car will come up stolen no matter who runs the plate or vin. You need to look into getting her charged with unauthorized use of a moveable( not sure what its called in Cali)Just because you let her take it doesn't mean she can use it for ever, its your car and you can demand to have it back at anytime, you just got stuck talking to some lazy cops that all.
+1
Old 04-26-2007, 04:01 AM
Sean_350z

Originally Posted by chuquison
just curious what kinda of car is it that you have left it for about one year? i hope its not your z?
Haven't left it really. she had promised to refinance it. It's an '02 BMW 330i.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:04 AM
Sean_350z

Originally Posted by Fingers
Thanks! That was sort of my line of thinking too.

Quick Reply: anyone stationed at camp pendleton? I need help!