Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:10 PM
lastblueprint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti

Finally I got my brake installed!
I got my Big Brake Kit from Wilwood installed at Riverside Infiniti.
The big brake installed
Fronts were Billet Superlite Six Piston Caliper w/ GT566mm slotted rotor
Rears were Billet DynaPro Four Piston Caliper w/ GT328mm slotted rotor
I took my car to Tony Nazzal on Friday morning at 7, and then I was helped by Ben Soster, he told was what was going to happened and gave me a great loner car while my car was in the shop. Through out the day Tony and Ben gave me updates on my car, they did run into a little trouble but nothing out of the ordinary. One thing that did take long was that the kit had to be assembled from the beginning, bolt by bolt so it did take a while this was actually the fist Wilwood brake installed at this shop and that Tony’s ever seen up close. I did hang out with Tony around the shop and took a couple of pictures. One thing for sure that shock Tony was how light the six Piston Caliper was and the actual design of the Rotors it was unique and a little bit different from other competitors. I did mention to him that these where the new Wilwoods that had been out for about a year, and not allot of Z have them.
When the brakes were on my car, the tech went out for a spin and notice a noise in the front, they test it out and couldn’t find the problem, so I called up Jason @ Wilwood and he spoke to Tony and tried to figure out the issue, well at the end the problem was solved all thanks to Tony and his staff at Riverside Infiniti and Jason at Wilwood Engineering. The Brake Installed did take a while but it was all understandable, Riverside Infinity was on it, did not give up and did an excellent job on my car, the whole staff was great. My car looked great when Joe Roell drove it to the front and handed me the keys. All thanks to everyone at Riverside Infinity you guys did an fantastic job and kept me up to date with my car, and also thanks to Jason Aquino, he help me in this whole process and help me understand the how the whole brake system works, he gave me his opinions on other brake companies out there and other types of brakes he used on his Evo RS for the track, he is a knowledgable man and drifts for team RMJ Motorsports.
Thank you guys!
One reason I went with Wilwood was that Wilwood has a rich history of motor sports and they have been around for a while, also have been winning championships for many years so in my mind I know that this company was nothing to play with.

Tony Nazzal
& Staff @ Riverside Infiniti

Jason Aquino @ Wilwood Engineering

Enjoy the Pictures, One more thing @ Riverside Infinity this G35 owned by Leroy was SICK! it had aps twins all done by GT Motorsports, WOW!

Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w4.jpgWilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w5.jpg
Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w6.jpgWilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w7.jpg
Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w8.jpg
Old 04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
lastblueprint

Smile Sorry Here are more pictures!

Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w9.jpgWilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w10.jpg
Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w11.jpgWilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w3.jpg
Old 04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
lastblueprint

Default oohh Congrads jason!

oohh Congrads big baller on Qualifying on the top 12!
Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w12.jpg
Old 04-30-2007, 09:21 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool so what is your review on these BBKs after driving around town?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
lastblueprint

Talking

honestly its a day and night diffrence to what i use to have, the oe brakes. i will feel the diffrence when i take it for a canyon run and a couple of track events, where as in the past with the oe brakes you can easally feel the brakes fade quickly and would take a while for it to cool down. now im ready for lots of fun in the track, but im still braking in the brakes i have had the car for a couple of hours so its fresh out of the shop. i will keep you posted on how it performs.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
World Famous Z

Henry!
Enjoy those tight brakes!!!

Thanks for the pics and the words

Anything else we can do, just let us know, oh and just cus you have a good brakes setup doesn't mean you should go racing round town hahahah!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:47 PM
nooooorb

Yeah, some feedback and report about this BBK would be nice and greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

Looking good. I've been to Riverside Infiniti couple times before, I like it there..service, staff n everything!!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 AM
THE TECH

Some more pics on the car needed!!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:03 AM
MyFairladyZ2006

What do those Wilwood kits sell for?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 AM
joey3am

Originally Posted by MyFairladyZ2006
What do those Wilwood kits sell for?
+1...how much for everything (not including install)?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much $$$
Old 05-01-2007, 08:33 PM
lastblueprint

Thumbs up I love this BBKit

I drove my car today around town, I really felt the difference between what I have before to what I have now. This brake kit is a day and night difference. The brake pedal is soft and smooth, there’s no noise or any type of grinding when I apply pressure to my brakes. Everything flows well. As the pad warmed up I felt more grip to the rotor, it felt fantastic. The steering did feel a tad bit lighter when I turned, I don’t know exactly how much weight I lost with this new set up, nothing felt heavy or fragile, the more I abused it around town the more it griped and braking distances felt much shorter then when I have my OE brakes. I love my BBK! Some of you asked how much? Well I really don’t remember, to be honest the price was not bad at all, yeah BBKits are pretty expensive but this kit was well priced for its great value, if you guys need any type of info on Wilwood Brakes hit up my buddy Jason, he will help you, and will help you figure out exactly what type of application you would need for your car. Because most of the time people really don’t need a BBK, unless you attend many track events where you need the bigger rotors for heat capacity or because you have the money and have nothing else to spend it on. But most of the time you can just upgrade your rotor, brake fluid and add some stainless steel lines, like the Stop Tech stage 2 upgrade.
Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w15.jpgWilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w16.jpg
Wilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w17.jpgWilwood Installed @ Riverside Infiniti-w18.jpg
Old 05-07-2007, 06:21 AM
World Famous Z

So henry, when are we installing your Zeil's?!
hehehe
Old 05-07-2007, 11:12 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

tony's the man
Old 05-07-2007, 12:10 PM
joey3am

come on dude, how can you forget how much you paid for a BBK, we're talking a few thousand here....how can anybody that's not a millionaire forget they spent a couple grand or more on anything.

so how much for just the BBK?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:28 PM
nooooorb

Originally Posted by joey3am
come on dude, how can you forget how much you paid for a BBK, we're talking a few thousand here....how can anybody that's not a millionaire forget they spent a couple grand or more on anything.

so how much for just the BBK?
+1
Old 05-07-2007, 08:00 PM
lastblueprint

ok i will post up the price for the brakes, ill try to look for the receipt tonight, and tony, yes you are the man! for the zeals that i will be getting soon, ill be getting the new X's, so right now all im doing is researching spring rates for the set up i want, i talked to Francis at A-spec and gave me a couple of rates for the set up, but i want to make sure it can handle road racing and a little bit of drifting. any of you guys with any ideas for a good spring rate set up? also it will have the cusco sways, and yeah tony i know we discussed this about getting the final drive from you and of course getting the Cusco rs lsd installed and the clutch and flywheel as well, i know it will be time comsuming but hey its all good and you are the man with the good resources
and update on the brakes, man they are great, to be real it is true that the BBK is an overkill for the normal roads but when i get them on the track i will give you the details on how they perform. thanks to jason for a great set up. and i will be seen in you on the track. and make sure you put the slick on the Evo rs.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:10 AM
lastblueprint

Thumbs up here is the price list for the brakes

13" Front
Part# Price
140-9190 = 1693.95
140-9190-d = 1794.95
14" Front
140-9192 = 1820.95
140-9192-d = 1921.95

Rear 13"