Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

please keep a look out for..

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:00 PM
esfand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dubtunited
that sucks....i'm suprised that they didn't take the engine and trans. did they tell you where they found it? was it in a garage somewhere and if they found it in some building...would they be able to find the guys who did it? hope everything works out for you.
the only things they didn't take are the engine and trans, because they have serial numbers......
they found it in the back of a stolen truck that was left on the corner of some street...
Old 06-13-2007, 06:09 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by esfand
whatever is left belongs to the insurance. the engine and trans are wothless to me without a car.... the most important things were my parts all of which are gone and i wont get paid for them....
ok but......what/how much are you getting FROM your insurance, if anything?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
esfand

dont know yet, they said they need to take it to their own yard and "inspect" it. i dont know what they want to inspect, but that is what they told me.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by esfand
holy crap that car is GUTTED
Old 06-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Nastyboy

Damn bro, I'm soooo sorry for your loss.

I can relate to what you may be experiencing right now. A couple years back I got my car stolen from the Metro Station (I used to take the Metro to work). They found my car within a day and it looked just like what they left of your car.

The dealership at the time had also installed one of their stupid "immobilizer" alarms that had a $5k guarantee against theft. Too much redtep and BS when it comes to paying up. Both the immobilizer and insurance companies gave me the hardest time when it came to paying up.

Long story short, HOLD YOUR GROUND! Do a cost comparison on your own in regards to what you feel your car is worth and what the mods are worth. Dont settle for what they offer or feel its worth.

Good luck man!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:37 AM
esfand

thanks man, yea so far ive been talking to the insurance and they said that they will pay the "market value" of the car, and as far as mods go the i gave the adjuster pictures and reciepts and he says that the only way they would have been covered is if i had bought extra insurance for them and that he doesnt think i will get anything for them. And the mods cost me a LOT..... so basically i have to wait another week to see what they say.....
this is a very fu ck ed up situation to be in.......
Old 06-14-2007, 06:03 AM
06MagneticZ

Holy cow!! I am now scared of leaving my car anywhere. I work in the insurance industry so the first thing I did was purchase "Additional Equipment". Really sorry about the loss. Like everyone else has mentioned, hold your ground and dont accept any amount that you dont feel is fair. Even if they dont pay for all of the mods, try and have them pay for some. Definitely get some legal advise. This might make the insurance company think twice and maybe offer to pay some of the additional equipment. Also, look through your contract and see what you or some legal expert can find in there. Usually there are ways around things like this, but not always. Good luck bro.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:54 AM
dubtunited

just wondering, but are nismo parts considered as factory parts or do you the additional insurance to cover those too?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:19 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

this is why I have lojack
Old 06-14-2007, 09:13 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They skinned that car! I am sure they are going to use all those parts for a car their building and sell the duplicate parts. Good luck and hope you get top dollar.

By the way...what insurance company do you have?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Richy350Z

Originally Posted by Richy350Z
I work in an insurance company as well as a claims adjuster. What the other examiner here mentioned on his post won't be valid because an appraiser will not be able to inspect A vehicle, unless it's a recovered theft. Thefore I suggest you become real good friends and really get along with the inside claims adjuster. Try to fight it, blah blah blah. Either the Adjuster (inside) hooks you up. Or sorry bro, but they will only cover factory stuff. Unless of course you had additional equipment endorsement added to your policy.

good luck!

^^^^^

I told you man, it was either the Adjuster really helped you out , or you HAD to have additional equipment added to your policy.

Honestly bro, this ****in sucks. It's a well learned lesson for many people here and for yourself I bet, now when they buy expensive parts for their cars. Add special equipment to your policy, it might cost a few more bucks a month, but if something unfortunate happens you'll get you're moneys worth for all you've paid.

I will keep a look out for those parts you had before, (brakes , rims etc) if I see them I'll more then just look at the car but try to see who it is driving if he looks suspicous, if he stares at my car in a suspicious way ( I want to be a police officer and I've taken classes and know when someone is doing something illeglas, or has bad intentions by the way they look at things, or talk to you)

For now, I'm sure they paid off your car. Just get an '07 , unless you're done with all the modding for a long while. My friend had a 1992 Honda Civic HB , Type-R fully built, and they stoled the car. After that, he said f*ck that. and Now he's just rolling in a 2006 Maxima just taking it slow. It's all up to you man.

I'd suggest you just keep an eye out in your neighborhood, try to ask everybody if they ever saw suspicious activity around. They might be able to help you to bring you to the suspect.

Now, think about this. It could of been someone you knew, or have talked to.
The same guy who did my friends Type-R swap in the hatch, is the same person who stoled it.

Richy
Old 06-14-2007, 06:03 PM
fat350

The same guy who did my friends Type-R swap in the hatch, is the same person who stoled it.

Richy

are you serious??? how'd they find that out??

sorry to hear about your car man...hope it turns out ok in the end.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:23 PM
esfand

^^^^^

I told you man, it was either the Adjuster really helped you out , or you HAD to have additional equipment added to your policy.

Honestly bro, this ****in sucks. It's a well learned lesson for many people here and for yourself I bet, now when they buy expensive parts for their cars. Add special equipment to your policy, it might cost a few more bucks a month, but if something unfortunate happens you'll get you're moneys worth for all you've paid.

I will keep a look out for those parts you had before, (brakes , rims etc) if I see them I'll more then just look at the car but try to see who it is driving if he looks suspicous, if he stares at my car in a suspicious way ( I want to be a police officer and I've taken classes and know when someone is doing something illeglas, or has bad intentions by the way they look at things, or talk to you)

For now, I'm sure they paid off your car. Just get an '07 , unless you're done with all the modding for a long while. My friend had a 1992 Honda Civic HB , Type-R fully built, and they stoled the car. After that, he said f*ck that. and Now he's just rolling in a 2006 Maxima just taking it slow. It's all up to you man.

I'd suggest you just keep an eye out in your neighborhood, try to ask everybody if they ever saw suspicious activity around. They might be able to help you to bring you to the suspect.

Richy
yea thanks i took ur advice and tried to be real nice with the adjuster, i dont think he is gonna do much for me. i havent even gotten paid for the car yet. and as far as legal advice i really cant afoord that right now. they took the car around 3:00am in a quite residential neighborhood, and noone seems to have seen anything, except my friend's sister who heard it......
whoever took it knew exactly what they were doing, and as i said they found the car on the back of a stolen truck that was abandoned and there are no prints on it............
i really dont know what else i can do.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:40 PM
mlam002

wow jesus sorry about your car.. I used to live around your area during my college years.. I heard about honda's and toyotas being stolen, but never a 350z...I really hope insurance takes care of you.

question..so your bro in law heard the car being driven off? I would think that they would have towed the car.. because isn't the 350z pretty much not stealable since it has ignition something something that prevents it from being hotwired?

good luck!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

........ I would seriously throw up if I saw my car looking like that

Weight reduction, anyone?

Sorry to hear the terrible end to this story
Old 06-14-2007, 07:01 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear dude....I've had 2 cars stolen in the past so I now the feeling when they find what's left.

your wheels and exhaust are unique, hopefully they'll turn up, eventually.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:19 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

man that really sucks man
Old 06-14-2007, 07:21 PM
esfand

thanks everyone.... yea i did feel sick to my stomach when i saw it. and as far as the immobolizer well its not as effective as they say i guess. also there was no broken glass and the alarm didnt go off...
Old 06-14-2007, 08:41 PM
jaZon350

and as far as the immobolizer well its not as effective as they say i guess. also there was no broken glass and the alarm didnt go off...
Goddamn Nissan Technicians...man that really sucks, made my stomach hurt as well when I saw that pic of your car. I hope these people DyE...goodluck man stay up!

-jaZon
Old 06-14-2007, 08:49 PM
kaoskrayola

Originally Posted by dvo
this is why I have lojack
My neighbor has lojack and his truck was stolen from the Northridge mall parking lot on labor day. Well he called lojack and couldn't get any help because it was labor day and they were short staffed. When his wife called after a couple days they said the same thing and she asked "Well if my car is stolen on Christmas, I'm **** of luck?" to which the person answered "I'm not allowed to answer that question."

Quick Reply: please keep a look out for..