Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SoCal Lexus Dealers... relentless pursit of pissing me off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:11 PM
n8vz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SoCal Lexus Dealers... relentless pursit of pissing me off.

Just wanted to vent.

We recently bought a 07 Lexus GX470 from Longo Lexus in Los Angeles (where we bought our previous Lexus) Anyhow, the navigation and DVD entertainment system went dead a day later. (after I drove the car back to San Diego).

The car (w/ 120miles on the odometer) has been at kearny Mesa Lexus (in San Diego) for almost a week and today was the "promised repair date." My wife called them this morning and they didn't call her back. So I drove to Kearny Mesa Lexus after getting off work today to see what is going on. After asking around, I was told that they don't have the replacement part. When I asked the advisor if he can track the status of the ordered part through lexus inventory system and he says they don't have that capability.

I don't know who to be more pissed off at:

Longo Lexus for selling me a 50K SUV with a defective premium package.
or
Kearny Mesa Lexus for the lack of courtesy to let their customer know that the repair will not be completed on time.
or
Lexus USA for their inability to manage their parts inventory.

F'n A, if I really want $hitty service, I will get that tomorrow when I bring my Z in to the nissan dealer for them to unf*&K my airbag warning sensor. (3rd times in 1 year, with air bag module replaced 6 month ago).
Old 06-01-2007, 09:26 PM
yahookendogg

what do you mean by the nav and the ent system went dead? they don't work or they don't turn on? my mom bought a new 05' LS430 few yrs. back and never had any nav. system problems, and when i do bring the car in for some problem, they had excellent service; i had service done at keyes lexus in van nuys. that's very odd to have probs on a brand new one tho. whenever i drive the LS430, i keep gettin maintenance warnings and low tire pressure warnings which drive me crazy. i think it's common for expensive cars to have problems like this cuz i had a bmw before and it was way worse.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:27 PM
leozim

Originally Posted by n8vz
Just wanted to vent.

We recently bought a 07 Lexus GX470 from Longo Lexus in Los Angeles (where we bought our previous Lexus) Anyhow, the navigation and DVD entertainment system went dead a day later. (after I drove the car back to San Diego).

The car (w/ 120miles on the odometer) has been at kearny Mesa Lexus (in San Diego) for almost a week and today was the "promised repair date." My wife called them this morning and they didn't call her back. So I drove to Kearny Mesa Lexus after getting off work today to see what is going on. After asking around, I was told that they don't have the replacement part. When I asked the advisor if he can track the status of the ordered part through lexus inventory system and he says they don't have that capability.

or
Kearny Mesa Lexus for the lack of courtesy to let their customer know that the repair will not be completed on time.
or

F'n A, if I really want $hitty service, I will get that tomorrow when I bring my Z in to the nissan dealer for them to unf*&K my airbag warning sensor. (3rd times in 1 year, with air bag module replaced 6 month ago).

would this qualify as a lemon? could be right?!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Z-T

Originally Posted by leozim
would this qualify as a lemon? could be right?!
3x on a safety related issue is usually considered a no-contest lemon in CA...
Old 06-01-2007, 10:34 PM
n8vz

Originally Posted by yahookendogg
what do you mean by the nav and the ent system went dead? they don't work or they don't turn on?

The NAV and DVD system were initially working but then died. The NAV screen blacked out (radio still works) and the DVD player/screen also blacked out. The front DVD nav screen subsequently displays "External Connection Lost." whenever I try to active the navigation screen.

I know it is like comparing apple and oranges, nonetheless: the Mark Levinson in our new GX sounds "good" but i actually think my mother-in-law's Nakamichi sound system in her 1st Gen LS400 sounds much better. I'd assume that after more then a decade, Lexus can make their premium audio system in their SUV sound as good as their old sedans.

as for my Z, i will need to see what is required to declare a lemon. I have extended warranty on the car so it should still be covered for a few more years.

Last edited by n8vz; 06-01-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:46 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least lexus gives you a comparable loaner no questions asked...
Old 06-01-2007, 11:35 PM
RanFerr_350z

Originally Posted by n8vz
Just wanted to vent.

or
or

DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT go to Kearney Mesa Lexus..They have poor customer service. When i was stationed in san diego it was the only lexus dealership that i knew of to get my service at the time. After problem after problem with that that place what really pushed me over the edge is when i took my IS300 in for a 60k mile service it came back with a huge scuff mark on the rear bumper as if someone backed into another car. Luckily i inspected the car before i left. they refused to replace the bumper and offered just to BUFF IT OUT!! they buffed it out but my bumper sagged a little because of their carelessness. I called corporate and recieved my 60K free and my next major scheduled service. Needless to say i never went back and just took it to toyota instead. 10x cheaper and better customer service.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:07 AM
n8vz

Roger that. The next time the GX needs any warranty work done, I'll coincide with my trip up to LA to visit my folks. (more Lexus dealers up in LA or OC).

Good automotive repair facilities are hard to find. That is way I do all my routine maintenace myself.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:42 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my mom's always raved about how awesome lexus' service is......so if you're in the LA area for service, you can try the glendale lexus service dept, i think.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:13 AM
FLZ_Boy

My experience with Lexus (of Glendale):

Pros:

Good service
Nice loaner cars
Nice donuts to eat (if your early)
They can do general maintenace.

Cons:
Do not have a clue when it comes to electrical work.
Questionable repairs on major items (they either did not fix it or installed it improperly and still charged for it)
Old 06-02-2007, 01:28 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, i mean......it's my mom. your 'pros' are probably what she cares about.
the car's past it's warranty now anyway, and my parents best friend is a lexus factory trained technician with his own shop now so... yeah, any major work goes to him.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:07 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Surprising to hear this about Lexus service. I've always heard it is top notch. Hope you get this squared away.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:45 AM
leozim

why don't take it back to longo lexus?!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:09 AM
John

Perhaps because it's 120 miles away.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:17 AM
michaeljr6

i love the lexus service....it's 10X better than nissan. when i had to get some work done to my Z at nissan they would take about 3 hours without giving me a loan car. loan car no questions asked. it seems you have bad luck....
Old 06-02-2007, 11:53 AM
n8vz

Now I wished I had driven 120miles back to Longo Lexus to get it fixed.

Anyhow, I called Kearny Mesa Lexus this morning(Saturday). The original service advisor is off again today. (I guess 3 day weekend) and his boss is also off today. Maybe the owner of the dealership is French and they have a 35hr work week.

There doesn't seem to be much communication going on as the rest of service department are clueless. I spoke to one service advisor who is working today and he initially told me over the phone that the car is ready. Then the same advisor called the house 10 minutes later saying that the car is not ready. Well, i have to give him credit for actually following up with the customer's inquiry.

Can't wait until JD Powers and Strategic Vision mail me the new owner survey. I'm going to rip Lexus a new one.

Last edited by n8vz; 06-02-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

I may have a contact at KM Lexus for you, but won't know until Monday.... One of my salesreps has that whole section of dealers and I'm fairly certain he knows the GM there. If you can wait, I'll get back to you then.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
justinrlamb00

My Fiance got her IS250 at Lexus Santa Monica, and the service there was TERRIFIC! They gave her another Lexus to drive while her's was being serviced and everything. The other day she took it to Kearny Mesa Lexus, and they were dicks. The people were totally rude, and they gave her a Camry. Really bad service there.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Roger V

The service at Keyes is good.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:06 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Just checked... no contacts at Lexus for you. His contact moved to the BMW dealership. Sorry.

Quick Reply: SoCal Lexus Dealers... relentless pursit of pissing me off.