Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

F#$%ing Red Light Photo Enforce Tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:01 PM
jocam23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Paul350Z I got mine in the mail a week after the incident. The pics were so accurate yoo could see the nose hairs coming outta your nose!

Hope its not as hefty as the one I got...lol nah maybe youll get lucky and get nothing in the mail...
Old 06-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Korki Buchek

Originally Posted by Fingers
Just send the DA a picture of $420.00 dollors and pray that he has a good sense of humor haha jk. See if you can talk to the DA and get it reduced.

I read that in a Car & Driver in a discount tire in Washington state circa 1999.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:03 PM
jocam23

Hey guys,

you think I can get them on the calibration date defense...these things need to be calibrated by law I assume and if Im lucky those things haven't been checked at all...the thing is where do I go for that kind of info...

anyone know?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by jocam23
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the encouragement. This comes at a bad time since I'll be taking 2 mths off to care for my newborn daughter and I'll just receive half my pay from work...and also being a student with all these bills this sucks...

I think I'll go to court and beg to have my ticket reduced...

This is clear cut and dry, those cameras get you before you pass the line, with the red light stating how many secs the light was red, then a progression of photos showing me enter the intersection while the light was still red, a photo of my face singing along to P DIDDYs Last Night Song and a picture of my front and rear license plate!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying that I am not guilty but 420.00 is ridiculous.

I was reading up on this red light photo enforce system and it is strictly a revenue generator for the city.

Thanks again and I'll keep you all posted on what happens when I fight this B**TCH!
Make sure you bring your baby with you and a bottle of milk. Try to feed your baby when seeing the judge. Believe me, it'll make a big difference. Judge will set you up with payment may be he even lets it go.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Vicynax

I just got a 420.00 present in the mail! It was a photo enforce ticket showing me running a red light on the corner of AMAR and Temple Ave in front of MT SAC.

Is there anyway to fight this....I can't afford this costly ticket right now.

Any suggestions please...has any of you tried to fight this for any situation? I am freaking pissed off right now..
They sticked up like 50 signs in that area telling you that crossroad is "Photo enforced."

Doubt you can fight it. You are lucky it's only 420. I don't mind people driving crazy on an empty freeway or road, but you shouldn't mess around by school especially.

I swear everytime I drive by that street, some dude either speeds or runs the light. It's a crazy bright flash too.

Well anyways, hope you can fight it out.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:31 PM
FLZ_Boy

Originally Posted by 03Z33
Take off your plates. The ticket for no plates is only $10 fix it ticket and you get to run all the red lights and free toll roads you like
+1 (actually, I just have no front plate)
Old 06-08-2007, 07:48 PM
BBreaks

You should adhere to all laws when driving to ensure your safety and the safety of others but to avoid any further tickets by camera you should look into this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Photo...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Tubbs good info - You need to tell more in your post..

Originally Posted by Tubbs
"Although less than 4 percent of traffic accidents are caused by red light running, cities and the insurance industry insist there is an urgent need for automated camera enforcement for safety purposes. Yet according to a a new study by the Virginia Transportation Research Council, Virginia experienced a "definite" increase in overall injury accidents where cameras were used. In the county with the most accurate data, that increase was between 7 and 24 percent. The report suggests there is a "possible" decrease in angle accidents. So camera boosters are now relegated to claiming cameras merely rearrange accidents, trading one type of crash for another. There's no escaping the bottom line, however. With cameras you get more injuries, not more safety."

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/200...223235_F.shtml

Then as I mentioned above cities are shortening yellow lights to increase revenue.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...articleID=2713
Tubbs - This is good Info - most users would pass over it..

You should have explained what the links are good for.

Cheers Amy -
Old 06-09-2007, 12:20 AM
jlimquest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photoblocker????

Does it work???......The News reports says so.

Originally Posted by BBreaks
You should adhere to all laws when driving to ensure your safety and the safety of others but to avoid any further tickets by camera you should look into this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Photo...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-09-2007, 12:41 AM
horse110

I was told on another forum that Myth Busters tried it and said it doesn't work.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:46 AM
jocam23

Thanks all for the suggestions...but even if you do spray the plate and you happen to run the redlight...I dont think there is a flash during the daytime so your plate will still be seen.

Its only at night when there is a flash that the presprayed plate will reflect the light flash so that no photo can be taken of your plate...
Old 06-09-2007, 03:48 AM
jocam23

Originally Posted by AmyCroft

Cheers Amy -

Also when I got the photo ticket it was the last day of the month...I think they tweaked the yellow light to turn red so quickly that I didnt have time to stop...so I had to keep going...
Old 06-09-2007, 07:55 AM
BBreaks

I would research it well before i were to purchase it

UPDATE: I just looked around and did some independent research and have come to the conclusion that the photo blocker is a waste of money sorry to even suggest it, i was just throwing ideas out there for you, but i don't want you wasting you hard earned $$$.

Last edited by BBreaks; 06-09-2007 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:23 AM
horse110

^ so polite lol, forum is about suggesting ideas/opinions and discuss, no need to apologize for that

and to the OP....there are flash during day time... I've seen plenty of them go off every day when I pass by to and from my school, people here just don't learn there are camera there...
Old 06-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Korki Buchek

I am incompetent to give legal advice.

But, another guy who is incompetent to give legal advice has a website suggesting possible defenses to a red light ticket.

http://www.highwayrobbery.net

You might have a look.

Church!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:46 AM
jocam23

HI Korki,

Thanks for this website! It is very helpful with lots of info I didn't know before...I suggest all to check it out if you got a photo enforce ticket recently...

It quotes previous laws regarding most aspects of the photo enforce ticket being given out!

Great Site!!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:12 PM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your red light ticket will not be reduced. I had two friends and a wife appear in court after paying the full bail of $420 just to have the judge say we have substantial evidence against you, Guilty as charge. Unless you have a proven reason why you were running the red light (i.e. pedrestian in the way) you will be paying the bail. They have pictures and video of you that will never be dismissed. Its the same as getting caught murdering someone on video...we have no chance!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Tubbs

Also when I got the photo ticket it was the last day of the month...I think they tweaked the yellow light to turn red so quickly that I didnt have time to stop...so I had to keep going...

You know, many cities are tuning the length of yellows for profit. I believe there is a minimum required yellow length for safety (not that the government really cares about that). If you can provide evidence the yellow is shorter than that time, you get off.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by AmyCroft

Cheers Amy -

thanks. It upsets me that the government is putting our lives in danger for profits. I hate red light runners too, but when you're driving it is less safe to slam on the brakes to try and make an almost impossible stop than going through. And the amount the OP was charged is just robbery. YOU are paying your government to rip you off. It just makes me furious.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:37 PM
horse110

But there is no way to prove that they shortened the yellow light

Quick Reply: F#$%ing Red Light Photo Enforce Tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1