Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Clearn coat coming off on volks, where to go?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:47 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clearn coat coming off on volks, where to go?

I just picked up some used volks recently and after doing some research about a wierd haze on my rims i found out it's the clear coat coming off on othe polished lips. Doesnt bother me too much right now but further down the road, anyone know where i can go to get these lips fixed and re-polished? Someone that doesnt charge and arm and a leg too. approximately how much does this kind of service cost?

Also, i installed the volks myself and scratched the paint around the lug because my ...lug screwer(dont know what else to call it) barely fit in the holes to tighten the lugs. Where can i go to buy one that will fit in the holes and not scratch the paint?

thanks for the info guys
Old 07-05-2007, 09:00 AM
SOCAL350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stylett9
I just picked up some used volks recently and after doing some research about a wierd haze on my rims i found out it's the clear coat coming off on othe polished lips. Doesnt bother me too much right now but further down the road, anyone know where i can go to get these lips fixed and re-polished? Someone that doesnt charge and arm and a leg too. approximately how much does this kind of service cost?

Also, i installed the volks myself and scratched the paint around the lug because my ...lug screwer(dont know what else to call it) barely fit in the holes to tighten the lugs. Where can i go to buy one that will fit in the holes and not scratch the paint?

thanks for the info guys
I paid 125 per corner to polish some challenges. Same issue with the hazy clearcoat.........they look fine now.