Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

update: Blew my motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:11 AM
MAR ONER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update: Blew my motor

Well, took it to the dealer, and the dealer found the cause of the motor to go bad. Apparently, I had a friend help me look at some vacuum leaks a couple of days before it blew, and the idiot left a small "L" shaped wrench, inside the manifold, which of course got sucked into the motor, and of course, now warranty isn't there, and I have a Z with no working motor, that I must pay for. So I'm selling the Z with all the mods, with no working motor, for 15k. Chassis has 58,000 miles on it. Trying to sell it to a pro dragster in guatemala, anyone else interested? Hopefully I have it sold, cause I already know what I'm buying next. But if I can't sell it, well, new motor goes in, and then I'm not modding this car no mas, except for a roll cage, but that's it. Oh yea, dude that left the tool and blew my motor, doesn't have papers, so he can't take a loan out, cause he doesn't have no green card, Sabes what I say? Actually. I was interested in the MazdaSpeed 3. I drove the sti and the evo, didn't like either of them, not enough bang for buck. I don't mean to sound cocky, but after having my z for awhile, that Sti felt slowwwwwww. And the interior sucks sweaty *****, and I'm not willing to pay 35k for a sweaty sack interior. The only evo worth paying more than 34k is the MR, but it doesn't even come with a head unit, no radio, nada! So of course the subie is out of the question, and the evo motor isn't very reliable. The only Stock turbo car that impressed me was the MS3. Great suspension, etc. etc. Plus if you're into tuning your car, I found out the hard way that if you're looking for speed, going FI is the only way to go. I dropped some serious green on the overall emission mods on my Z, and only got and extra like 20 WHP to be proud about. You put that kind of money on an already Turbo or supercharged car, and well, your smile becomes a lot bigger than just a measly 20 whp. The only other car that interested me is the mini, but for a price close to that of a mazdaspeed3, and almost 100 less hp and torque, makes me think otherwise. I read that post on the Motor mount, and it definitley makes me think twice about buying it, but I can't think of anything else that's fits my driving profile. Most american cars aren't reliable and can't handle if there life depended on it. I almost thought about buying an FD, but I don't feel like buying a new motor every 50k miles. I dunno, nothing these days really sparks my interest.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch. I'd be beatin' that friend's ***. I'd just part the car out piece by piece. Take longer and be a PITA, but you'll get olot more money out of it. Good luck selling it as-is for that much.

Just how bad is the engine? Could it be rebuilt?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Myfirst06350Z
Banned

The MS3 is a good choice. I have a few friends with that car as I used to own a protege5. Check on MOCC for opinions if you want. Oh and there will be a tsb out soon for that motor mount so they will all get fixed. Plus it doesn't happen on all of them just the ones the first came out mostly.

Sorry to hear about the Z though.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
HiHo_Silver350

i would look into it being rebuilt as well. If not, your friend should fork up some money into a new motor... RB26DETT??
Old 07-24-2007, 12:07 PM
05-Z

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Ouch. I'd be beatin' that friend's ***. I'd just part the car out piece by piece. Take longer and be a PITA, but you'll get olot more money out of it. Good luck selling it as-is for that much.

Just how bad is the engine? Could it be rebuilt?
+1....I'd be like, "WTF dude, you left a freakin wrench in my engine!!!"
Old 07-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Richy350Z

i'm trying to send you a PM and it's full.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
MAR ONER

oh..let me get that fixed.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:28 PM
MAR ONER

ok, pm folder empty. Yea, I wish I could have him fork the money, but like i said, no job, no papers, no cash. I thought about the rb26dett idea, but if anything goes wrong on the motor, I'd be so screwed.

Last edited by MAR ONER; 07-25-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JIC exhuast price, Cusco Coilovers prices please

and what year is your car?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 PM
HiHo_Silver350

yea you're in a tough bind... hope you can find a fair deal somewhere regarding your whole situation. man, all those parts going to waste... good luck
Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
MAR ONER

I'm not stripping this car, no way, no how. It's either being sold with everything, or I'm keeping it.

Last edited by MAR ONER; 07-25-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:47 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by MAR ONER
Too bad for performance though, cause I got a lot of friends, and a big mouth, and bad news travels faster than good news.
that made my day...

good luck with your z. jeff and the team at wcn will take care of you for sure
Old 07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
stylett9

gotta love WCN.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:29 PM
donut_boi

Originally Posted by stylett9
gotta love WCN.
+1 Great service overall
Old 07-24-2007, 10:04 PM
MAR ONER

now i feel good.

Last edited by MAR ONER; 07-25-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
gimpster621

so your mad at performance for voiding your warranty for a user error your friend created? then mad at them for not covering your rental car under that voided warrenty?

im glad your getting help at wcn and hope it all turns out well for you but i dont think u have too much reason to be upset at performance. im sure they said they will take a look at ure engine but if its a user error that they would have to charge you for the labor and not cover it no?

I for one have gotten nothing but great service from both wcn and perf. if jeff at wcn is willing to help you out i would be thankful for it but i dont see how it would be justifiable to bad mouth perf for doing their job. just my .02 cents
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Armando

Damn thats messed up about your friend leaving that wrench. Call la migra on him and teach him a lesson..ahaha///j/k

good luck
Old 07-24-2007, 10:30 PM
SergEK

I just gotta laugh at the "evo motors arent reliable" comment from the guy who had Cheech work on his car instead of taking it to a certified shop and complains that performance wont honor a voided warranty

"Hello, yes, I forgot to put oil back in my car after I changed the filter.....is that covered under warranty?"

Good luck dude
Old 07-24-2007, 10:32 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

from what i understood, he had an issue with the pricing...

although yeah, you shouldn't expect nissan warranty to cover your car rental if the root of your problems was an errant tool lost in the depths of the engine bay, and not some malfunctioning part.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus
Premier Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gimpster621
so your mad at performance for voiding your warranty for a user error your friend created? then mad at them for not covering your rental car under that voided warrenty?

im glad your getting help at wcn and hope it all turns out well for you but i dont think u have too much reason to be upset at performance. im sure they said they will take a look at ure engine but if its a user error that they would have to charge you for the labor and not cover it no?

I for one have gotten nothing but great service from both wcn and perf. if jeff at wcn is willing to help you out i would be thankful for it but i dont see how it would be justifiable to bad mouth perf for doing their job. just my .02 cents
Great post that shows logic and reason. One can't always expect handouts from dealers when it is not their fault

Quick Reply: update: Blew my motor