Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

19 Year Old killed inCar Accident 350Z Whittier

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:01 AM
dmanraider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 19 Year Old killed inCar Accident 350Z Whittier

A 19 Year Old from Whittier was killed when he lost control of his 350z hit a palm tree then a light post and eventually flipped over. Driver died on the scene with his younger brother only having minor injuries.

They are having a car wash for him and will be collecting donations, the information is at the bottom!!!

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_6765682
Gone in an instant
Family mourns Whittier man killed in crash
By Sandra T. Molina Staff Writer

WHITTIER - The last time Martha Adame saw her oldest son, Jose Luis Adame Jr., he was driving off in his car Monday night.

"We'll be right back mom," Jose, 19, said from inside his 2005 Nissan 350Z, his younger brother Edgar in the passenger's seat.

He was smiling.

Less than half an hour later, Adame, 41, received a call from an unknown woman.

"Your son has been in an accident," she was told.

Adame and her family, including her husband, Jose Sr., 43, and daughter Xenia, 8, went to the corner of Whittier Boulevard and Mar Vista Street.

What she found is a parent's worst nightmare.

Adame's two sons were trapped in a mangled car with emergency personnel trying to extract them.

"The paramedics were shielding me from looking at the scene," she said Thursday morning as she sat in her home in the 10000 block of Memphis Street.

Whittier Police Department officials said the 2006 California High School graduate was driving westbound on Whittier Boulevard when he apparently lost control of the sports car.

"He slid out of control for some distance, hit a palm tree, a traffic signal standard and overturned," said Lt. Wyatt Powell.

Edgar Adame, 17, was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
His older brother was pronounced dead at the scene.

Thursday, the young men's mother sat quietly, with her husband at her side, stunned about what happened to the son she calls "a good boy."

The family's grief has been magnified with what they call false reports in the media about Jose Jr. possibly street racing.

"Yes, he had a muscle car, but he didn't race," Martha Adame said in a quiet but clear voice. "He was a caring and responsible young man."

Edgar, who returned home from the hospital Tuesday with bruises to his upper body and a swollen hand, said that his older brother lost control of the car after he was cut off by another vehicle. Jose Jr. stepped hard on the brakes to avoid hitting another car.

"He was always looking out for other people," Martha Adame said, fighting back tears, "and he died trying not to hurt someone else."

She wondered if her son would be alive if he hadn't tried to avoid slamming into the other car.

But she stopped herself.

"He was such a good son," she said as her husband slowly nodded his head.

Sgt. Dan Lowe of the Whittier Police Traffic Bureau said the investigation is not far enough along to determine whether or not street racing was involved.

Officials are still looking for information about a Ford F-150 pickup truck that may have been involved in the accident.

His family members described Jose Jr. as a homebody.

"He loved being around his family," Martha Adame said. "He was the best older brother, always taking care of his brother and sister."

Jose Jr. worked with friend Karina Rosales at Toyota & Scion of Whittier. He first washed cars before his outgoing personality landed him a sales job.

The last time Rosales saw Jose Jr. at the Toyota dealership, he was with his sister.

"Jose was here last Friday," she said from behind her receptionist's desk, the realization of how close it was to the day he died showing on her face.

She remembered her friend as a sweet young man with a great smile, a friendly attitude and strong sense of responsibility.

"He took on a lot of things that most people his age wouldn't," Rosales said.

She was referring to Jose Jr. working two jobs to boost the family income and helping his maternal grandfather with his gardening business.

"He was naturally friendly and very polite," she said.

Jose Jr. was a success in sales, but then earlier this year he quit to help his grandfather.

Rosales also remembered how happy Jose Jr. was in February when he bought the Nissan in which he would eventually die.

"Jose was so excited about getting it," she said. "It's so heartbreaking how he died."

And the enduring heartbreak for the Adame family comes from the promising young life snuffed out Monday evening.

"Jose was looking forward to going to college because he wanted to make something of himself," his mom said. "Now, we have to go on without him."

Friends are conducting a car wash from 9a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Faith Lutheran Church, 9920 Mills Ave.

All donations collected will go to the Adame family.

A private visitation will be Monday, with burial Tuesday

A prayer for this young guy and his family would help!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:02 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

They should have a age limit on Zs. Sorry to hear that
Old 08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
fastGkid

wow RIP
Old 08-31-2007, 10:06 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
You are an ***. What the hell does age have to do with anything when some old lady in a 72 LTD cuts in front of you on the highway? I suppose if he were 21, he could have avoided it?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:17 AM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by phreaktor
You are an ***. What the hell does age have to do with anything when some old lady in a 72 LTD cuts in front of you on the highway? I suppose if he were 21, he could have avoided it?
+1. please don't make this an issue about age. we get cut off everyday. whether you're 19 or 91. The little brother was the best witness there could have been, and he would have stated whether or not Jose was going too fast or not, but no, he said that some one cut them off and he lost control trying to slam on the brakes to perhaps avoid an accident with this little brother in the car. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. RIP.

Last edited by chriskabobbers; 08-31-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Richy350Z

a muscle car?

anyways, this is very sad news. my prayers go out to the family.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:36 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I was up there to support.

This might seem a little too much, but you guys should hold a mini-meet of Z's. You can all get your cars washed or maybe wash it yourself (I know some of you don't like other people touching your cars) and donate some money to the Adame family afterwards.

He might have not been an active member of our forums, but it seems like his enthusiasm for the Z would have eventually made him some friends on these boards.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Richy350Z

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR

This might seem a little too much, but you guys should hold a mini-meet of Z's. You can all get your cars washed or maybe wash it yourself (I know some of you don't like other people touching your cars) and donate some money to the Adame family afterwards.

He might have not been an active member of our forums, but it seems like his enthusiasm for the Z would have eventually made him some friends on these boards.

i was thinking the same thing. but i was asking my self, how the mom would feel if she'd see the same car her son died in, pulling in to get it washed?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
UGOTZ'D

Originally Posted by Richy350Z
a muscle car?
+1 the Z is not muscular, it has a fat ***!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR

Not too bad of an idea

i was thinking the same thing. but i was asking my self, how the mom would feel if she'd see the same car her son died in, pulling in to get it washed?
She seemed pretty open minded about the situation realizing it was an accident.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:18 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

goodness... RIP. are you guys interested in maybe taking up a collection, from the z community to their family?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Kal_El

That's very sad news, RIP. If the Z community does a collection i'll have to paypal someone...
Old 08-31-2007, 12:27 PM
erickim080387

Originally Posted by Kal_El
That's very sad news, RIP. If the Z community does a collection i'll have to paypal someone...
you get home safe first! so you can enjoy your "stuff"
Old 08-31-2007, 12:30 PM
julian

US drivers need to have more training. it's experience not age. kids race in karts but aren't old enough to get a drivers license.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/297460-350z-driver-involved-in-a-fatal-street-racing-accident.html
Old 08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
NGZ

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers
+1. please don't make this an issue about age. we get cut off everyday. whether you're 19 or 91. The little brother was the best witness there could have been, and he would have stated whether or not Jose was going too fast or not, but no, he said that some one cut them off and he lost control trying to slam on the brakes to perhaps avoid an accident with this little brother in the car. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. RIP.
I dunno man. He hit a palm tree and traffic light, meaning that he was near an intersection (low speed area). If he was driving slow, how did he flip the car? Yes we get cut off all the time, but how often do you flip a car everytime you get cut off?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Z-T

I agree with the comment on age. Call me crazy, but in other places you're not allowed to drive 300hp sports cars at the age of 17-21 (like Italy) for a reason. With age comes experience, maturity and a better understanding of road dynamics. Who knows if this could have been avoided, but I don't think the Z is the kind of car any kid should own...but since they do, it's moot so I'll digress...
Old 08-31-2007, 03:20 PM
erickim080387

well i disagree about age. and +1 for experience. most likely when you get in 1 or 2 accidents, youll learn. i drove stupid when i was 17, got into an accident. started driving a lot more mature. im 20 now, but i started driving carefully since the accident, when i was still 17.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 PM
ExBF Material

...case in point, whether this should should be an age issue or not, show some sympathy instead of badgering about a possible "amateur driver." We'll never know now that the driver has passed on, right? And ANYTHING can happen to ANYBODY nowadays. As far as wrecklessness, I know plenty of 25+ folks that drive way more wrecklessly than any younger person I know. If there's some type of my350z.com collection towards this incident, I'm down to paypal some funds over. RIP, kid.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:00 PM
shimz350z

Originally Posted by phreaktor

I'm with phreaktor.

READ THE THREAD AGAIN. The kid was APPARENTLY "cut off" & it was not a street race.

I mean there are plenty of kids out there who shouldn't be driving a powerful car and there are a minority of kids who are responsible.

And this doesn't just relate to kids. I see plenty of adults who shouldn't have a driver's license, period, regardless of what they drive.

R I P

Quick Reply: 19 Year Old killed inCar Accident 350Z Whittier